Energy Shield and Life

"
elbowfrag wrote:

Dear GGG

What happens to characters that currently only have 12k ES? Those characters will become useless. Not everyone can dump 50ex worth of gear into a build to hit 20k+ ES to have their characters survive this nerf.

Please learn the concept of "soft caps" aka "diminishing returns". Nerf the top end of things with soft caps that give diminishing returns on ES once the character goes over a certain amount. Then there would be no need to nerf VP or CI node branch.

Simple problem = simple solution = balance restored.

Everything will be tested in the beta ;) as said in the post those are not the final changes ;)
Damn i just bought stash tabs last weekend....every time when i support GGG with money....I get a big FU in my Face.

im playing this game seens the verry beginning cant even manage to lvl my char to lvl 90 with legacy Shavronnes Chest.

Now Lowlvl char is fucked with this changes i got only 5k ES (only Shavronnes is my best item, never found better ).

ES vaal Pact nerved ...thanks GGG.

im a Shadow player only....Crit has been nerved (CoC)
Accrobatics has been nerved ( -50% armor/ES)
Block has been nerved ( now a Joke )
Iron reflex nerved ( Dex provides no evasion nomore )

GGG please tell me what is the Shadow in the game good for. Do you really hate him so much?

mfg Anti
I'll definitely try a few different builds with the changes to see the differences. No negativity here, I love the game and can adapt!
"
Pheragon wrote:
I'll definitely try a few different builds with the changes to see the differences. No negativity here, I love the game and can adapt!

Positive attitude, now, that's a rare passive.
Last edited by argonaftec on May 18, 2017, 6:41:17 PM
"
Pheragon wrote:

adapting is what we all do....but as soon youre able to find a way to have fun again....GGG then
"shit to many ppls having fun again we need to stop this!".

or

"damn ppls not buying stashtabs nomore....do something to force them.....bring something like essences and divination Cards".

mfg Anti
"
Kogatana wrote:
You guys lost my business.

Just starting quoting this and meaning it people. Feedback is necessary. These changes aren't final. That's why we participate in a pre-release version.
Last edited by Malpheas on May 18, 2017, 6:53:45 PM
25.000 ES ? Wow now I feel bad, I never even reached 15.000... :P Seems GGG is exaggerating a bit here, unless they're only talking about 0,0000001% of players.

It seems the nerf is sliiiightly overdone. We'll see in practice of course but with such low values I can't think of how LL chars will survive. Those could hardly reach 10K with normal (not 100ex) gear.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
NICE nerf players are gonna whine about it sure but 25k+ es is just face roll the game with nothing to worry about.
"
cmac89 wrote:
NICE nerf players are gonna whine about it sure but 25k+ es is just face roll the game with nothing to worry about.

You can count in your hands how much people runs on 25k+ ES and still had power to do the content.
Most good end-game builds runs on 9-11k ES. Average people goes for 7k ES. With this change, those builds will suffer terribly because some people with money to burn with crazy amounts of ES.
ok ya es getting hit hard. hope it is not nerfed into the ground, but glad to see life getting a increase.

im just glad to see a upside to life instead of fearing that it was just going to be a nerf to es. like usually nerfs in this game happen, bc people think its overpowered. i didnt think it was op. bc of lack of flaks. i still thought life could be strong if life nodes and percentages were increased. there still life flasks to save u. unless u just had to low of life and got one shot. im hopeing that passives on life get increased. actually i liked life more then es bc my comp is crap and i could save myself on life based chrs bc of life flaks bc i would die of lag again bc of self issues for a crappy comp. but glad to see a increase to life.
rawrawr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info