Energy Shield and Life

People dont realise, stuff like howa and presence of chayula wont be around in next temp leagues.. 70% of people doesnt even care about standart... As for es changes! Well done! It was about the time.. Youre not supposed to facetank bosses in any game, you avoid big hits, let ehp recharge, regen..as for life on right side of tree, acrobatics are there for reason.. You rely on evasion, dodge, manually dodging stuff. If you get hit, you leech back instantly with VP.. Give trappers and summoners some love, so es becomes their thing.. Every balance and nerf related stuff has its purpose.. Everuthings for a reason. I dont like the super speed run part in the game either. I played some d2 in last couple of days, wich reminded me how easily you can get nuked, and how hard you jabe to work for it not to happen.. Also dont think hogh end bosses are supposed to go down in less than 3 seconds.. Also ive never made past 15k es, never killed shaper nor uber, and i can say for sure, this should make the game a bit more challenging,or at least colourful..
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make these changes to all current ES chests in the game too. RIP Vinktar. CI Is FINALLY!!!!!!!!! DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Problem is that this huge nerf will make CI viable only for people with tons of money. You need 7.5k+ ES to do end-game content with relative safety.... but the gear that today goes up to 7k ES will be nerfed to about 4.5k ES which is extremely dangerous. You will need 11k+ ES today to get close to 7k ES after nerf, so this will shrug off poor players from CI.
The worse problem is that this huge nerf was justified by some absurd players running around with impossible ES values, which the majority of the players will never dream to achieve. The nerf, as it is, is not balance at all...
"
luckyshin wrote:

Why does HC exist if GGG is balancing the game around Standard, where dying just means EXP loss?

My last HC death at level 97 was a one shot from 10,000 ES. I've had SIX other HC deaths this league at level 90+, and more than half of them are ONE SHOTS. From Volatiles, Invasion Boss, etc.

Let's watch my last death. This is real "endgame content", and I am by no means trivialising it. 11k max ES was not easy to achieve in the first place. Notice that Vaal Pact, even with Atziri flask and Vinktar up, never once brought me back to full ES. Max block+spell block doesn't save me, either.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144216492

Yes, people can facetank shit with CI + VP, these builds take immense planning. You don't just "go ES" and "win the game". It takes effort. Why do people not understand that ES is SUPPOSED to give more HP pool than Life? Life gets flasks, Life gets Armour and Evasion. The problem is that life takes too much investment on the tree.

The LIFE BUFF is NECESSARY. One-Shot & Volatile mechanics rework is NECESSARY. Destroying Vaal Pact for ES only AND nerfing ES numbers is a terrible joke, again, a "Fuck you" to players.

Are you out of your mind ???
I do agree that monster dmg may need to be tuned down in HC.
BUT your video is a perfect exemple of why CI was op and needed to be nerfed as noobs could reach lvl 97 in HC.
Apologize for being harsh but what we see is a very bad player getting carried by OP build, you should have died a while ago:
-You walk into the aoe taking unecessay damage
-map mods: -max player resist,inc monster crit chance and multiplier, triple beyond mod,extra lightning, extra cold dmg, hexproof.
-Your caster and face tank mobs at melee range even after he hit you for half your life, no kiting, no sense of danger.
-You said volatile killed you ? Then you should have seen the mod and not stay into melee range.

Really you even posted your video and don't see that the issue is you? When I started playing this game ursas and devourer was enough to kill you. You do not belong into HC league running triple beyond mods with 4 extra dmg mod on a lvl 82 maps is just asking to get killed(43% crit multiplier,110% as lightning,90%as cold,-max player resist, REALLY??); simple beyond mod should be feared by any legit HC player.
Last edited by EzBreesy on May 18, 2017, 9:31:38 PM
What an unintelligent solution to this problem. When I was thinking about how they would fix life/CI I iterated through possibilities and laughed off nerfing ES rolls on gear and the creation of more legacies as irrational and beyond stupid. Yet here we are ahaha. And how about fixing life? Also handled through gear by introducing a new mod? Unbelievable. How can a team that has done so much good, constantly screw up their 'balancing'.

Balance in PoE = Take some shit that works and make it bad.

And wtf is this shit about 25k ES + fast clear speed? What % of players are you talking about? POE Team - I challenge you to present this forum a build that has 25k ES, good dmg/clear speed and isn't something only the 1% can attain. What are you guys? Donald Trump supporters?
**~~~ The Winds of Shit ~~~**
"
Ahfack wrote:
Snap!

Please give legacy vinktar the same vaal pact treatment as well

the same treatment they aren't doing to legacy rolled es items?

and frankly this isn't even close to enough of a nerf.
Last edited by Drahken on May 18, 2017, 9:41:29 PM
"
Ryaryu wrote:
Problem is that this huge nerf will make CI viable only for people with tons of money. You need 7.5k+ ES to do end-game content with relative safety.... but the gear that today goes up to 7k ES will be nerfed to about 4.5k ES which is extremely dangerous. You will need 11k+ ES today to get close to 7k ES after nerf, so this will shrug off poor players from CI.
The worse problem is that this huge nerf was justified by some absurd players running around with impossible ES values, which the majority of the players will never dream to achieve. The nerf, as it is, is not balance at all...

One of my most recent characters has around 10.5k ES. Total cost of his gear is around 30-40c (and that's including the cost of the weapon he uses) as I didn't want to spend too much on him (as I'm piss poor). So using your figures, he'd now have around 8.5k ES, which crosses your own threshold for viability.

How does he do this? Simple - he took more ES nodes than seems to be typical, but not an excessive number - a figure comparable to the number of nodes a life build takes. That seems about right to me - ES should not be a way to simply ignore defenses in your passive build. If life builds must invest in defense, so should ES.

ES has downsides, of course, so it shouldn't end up exactly as high as life, but rather higher. From the sounds of it, it still will, just not an obscene difference. I expect an ES build which takes as many nodes (and gear quality) as a life build that reaches 6.5k life would be able to reach 9-9.5k ES now. So you're still getting your advantage (around 50% higher eHP), just not the current situation of 6k life v/s 12k ES.

Yes, I know life builds have defenses as well, but -

1) ES builds with defenses exist - and really should be encouraged. There's hybrid ES/armor and ES/evasion armor sets in the game and they shouldn't exist only for rolling easier socket colors. There's also ascendancies that're designed to be built as hybrids, such as Trickster.

2) ES is meant to be different, not stronger, than life. So if the survivability of a 6k life + armor/evasion = 9k ES, that's how it should be. Balance is about equal choices, not having to choose between being good or being hipster.

Finally, this is for a beta. Betas are specifically meant for testing major changes. This isn't the final list of changes.
25k es? Lolwut? Yeah maybe its possible. Not obviously 0 clear speed. Fucking uae your brain GGG. [Removed by Support]
Ingame name: Kimoji
Last edited by Alexb_ggg on May 18, 2017, 9:48:35 PM
As we all know Rory stated that "life is technically better than es" before all these nerfs.

So with 40% es nerf and no vaal pact we can easily assume that after these nerfs life will be technically at least twice as good as es, according to Rory.

So there you have it. That is the incompetence of the GGG balance team..

They think something is balanced if its more than twice as good as something else lol.

It does explain a lot though.
"
Torayuu wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
life will have 7k+

lol no. With the double dipping mechanics being removed this will not be possible for "99%" of the players while maintaining viable damage for end game content. Assuming that they don't have any stupidly expensive gear the average player will probably have roughly 5-6k life, and will struggle with it.

The average player already gets 5-6k life. So with these changes, they should be able to reach exactly where he said - 7k+.

Not every build relied on double-dipping for damage (and besides, they're buffing fire, ignites and poisons anyway as compensation for those who choose to focus on them - keyword being 'focus'). I'd estimate less than a fifth of builds in the game relied on double-dipping. The reason that double-dipping seemed everywhere was because that fifth of builds became over-represented due to the sheer level of power they were able to achieve so easily. However, the other four-fifths was still able to handle the game's content, just not cheese it. Now we should see more build diversity.

Also note that they're planning on re-working some of the most dangerous mechanics in the game - particularly volatiles and reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info