Energy Shield and Life

Leave some time for ggg to watch their great ES internal statistics. They "should" finaly understand what is obvious !
"
Zat0ichi wrote:
Leave some time for ggg to watch their great ES internal statistics. They "should" finaly understand what is obvious !

I don't believe that they are this smart.

When they've nerfed the "Ice Spear" for reason unknown - I've warned them.
It took them 2 years to decide that they've done something wrong. But their fix was not sufficient.
We have lost about 10% (permanently) of the population which were in love with this skill meanwhile.

I've warned them about the Discharge nerf. It was again a stupid one.
It took them again nearly 2 years to understand that they went from wrong to wrongest. Their "fix" again was a crappy one. We've lost again about 10% (permanently) of the population.

So. I don't believe that they have mental capacity of understanding the issues on time or they just don't give a f*ck anymore about the population. Living with the faith that they will always have someone to come and play , disregarding what atrocity they can do to the current population.
Well.. maybe 2 years later it will come a minor fix..
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
We need better ES b/c monsters and boss damage out of hands balanced, or better say not balanced at all (poorly balanced).
So either GGG need buff ES (and life too) or NERF monsters and boss damage (+ damage mods that applied to them).

Also crafting bench must have higher ES/Life mods so at least they can be crafted, not lowest rolls that not help much.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
This league i haven't had the time to play much cuz work but i just got back to finish challenges and noticed this thread still up and running.

Few thing i have noticed:

- You can do with life what you could have done with es, ie facetanking end-game bosses, and if you take slayer/scion's slayer node you don't even need vaal pact. I have a slayer cyclone with 8.5 k life and he's the most durable char i ever had (and before i had almost exclusively ci characters), albeit it has lowish dps (600k or so). I'm sure there are builds that can perform even better.

- In all the league i encounter like 2 low life players and ONE ci player. None of my friends are playing/have played with es atm, and i know a lot of people.

- Even the mates with perfect mirrored gear in std who had a ci/low life character like ie a signal shot build, all have switched to the life version using kaom's 500/1000.

In conclusion if the point of the nerf was to balance es and life then something gone wrong here, as es is clearly dead while life can still pull out that sort of things that were the cause of the es nerf, albeit you have to choose specific setups.

I have no idea how to balance all of this but the 3.0 patch just removed some freedom and builds diversity, and one can still abuse and faceroll the game if he/she wish to do so.

Best regards, hope this help you guys :)

The problem with before the nerf/re-balance of ES and GR. Everything that a life based build could do, an ES build could do better.

ES still works fine in Regen based builds, and because of the hate on ES right now, good ES rares are cheaper than ever.

I still would like to see a little buff though.
"
gryphon79 wrote:
The problem with before the nerf/re-balance of ES and GR. Everything that a life based build could do, an ES build could do better.

ES still works fine in Regen based builds, and because of the hate on ES right now, good ES rares are cheaper than ever.

I still would like to see a little buff though.

Little ?!
The nerf was nearly 20%. Therefore to fix the things now they have to make it better than it was.
For me is no deal if below 22%.

And plus a very specific manifesto that a general stat nerf will never ever occurs anymore.
Else there is practically no point of playing this game anymore. That's months, even years of planing to finally get the joy and everything collapse.
Absolutely no point to play such a game at all.
Even if they make it the best thing ever in any other aspect.
Best decision ever!
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Nov 10, 2017, 3:41:13 AM
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

Little ?!
The nerf was nearly 20%. Therefore to fix the things now they have to make it better than it was.

And plus a very specific manifesto that a general stat nerf will never ever occurs anymore.
Else there is practically no point of playing this game anymore. That's months, even years of planing to finally get the joy and everything collapse.

So your only fix is to make it stronger than it was pre nerf? That is an horrible idea. Before the nerf ES was the only way to go for end game. There was no reason not to. ES was better in every way to a life build.
Last edited by gryphon79 on Nov 10, 2017, 8:59:49 AM
It's very apparent what GGG's game is regarding skills and nerfs.

They have no intention on "balancing" anything. Make sure we understand this concept.

They release new skills, nerf old skills on a regular basis.

This is to kills old builds on standard league to get people to move over to the new challenge leagues.

If this pattern holds true, expect huge nerfs on existing skills like Dark Pact.

And the new skills being released will be somewhat OP to lure people in until the next round of draconian nerfs.

It's why I stopped supporting the game, every skill based MTX might as well be considered temporary until that skill is rendered not usable in end game content.

I'm fairly certain Berserker will be killed this next update. RIP

GGG doesn't balance, they kill builds and then promote new skills, every single league.
"
gryphon79 wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

Little ?!

So your only fix is to make it stronger than it was pre nerf? That is an horrible idea. Before the nerf ES was the only way to go for end game. There was no reason not to. ES was better in every way to a life build.

I would say B.Sh*ts again.
ES wasn't stronger and it never were. Even if it was - since the playtype expecting it to be so and most of the ES builds wasnt even in the top 100 players.
Therefore ES was weak before the nerf, much weaker than the HP. It was just the peoples in the low budget HP builds which thought that ES is stronger because they lack of HP items.
THEREFORE : - The problem is the lack of quality HP items for low budget builds ( below 40 EX ).
ES was never been the issue. The peoples with low budget trolled the GGG and the HP trader trolls did the issue. After all - why the fock I should even play this game if there is absolutely no way to be better than the rest ?! If there is absolutely no way to be different from the rest ?! If there is absolutely no way to make my perfectly own way trough it ?! I better go play MU Legends then - it's the same shit - well weighted, perfectly balanced. Just like the low IQ idiots love it !
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Nov 12, 2017, 8:21:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info