Energy Shield and Life

Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
I won't say I subscribe to the prepubescent and adolescent virgin-rage running rampant over this nerf, though it is entertaining to see people take the changes as a personal affront, therefore making the game 'dead' to everyone else as a result of their personal slight, but I will say I've managed pretty well working around the nerf with a successful(ish) hybrid build.

Look at my profile/build for Vinruki, it's a 'test' of sorts for hybrid essence drain and so far it's pretty ridiculous. I know what changes I want to make, but as it is my ED is ticking at roughly 50k, moreso with Witchfire Brew.

Next on the agenda is to find a way to 6S/6L my Shavronne's and attempt a LL/bloodmagic type deal, but I may wait until next season since I lack the currency to fund that many jeweler's and fusings.

I'm not asking for feedback, but I am saying there are solutions if you have the damn patience and intelligence to break from your perfect build that no longer seems perfect. Some of you all need to learn to adapt, but that falls on deaf ears. Either way, I'm open to suggestions on the build too, as I'm well aware of some clumsy decisions I made thus far.

Maybe I should've posted this in a Witch build thread, but I feel this response also pertains to the ES/Life salt that is covering the forums lately.

Ayashi
Why no one mention that monsters and boss damage that allow one shot happen or exist also part of the problem? If there no one shots or telegraph damage ES would be decent.

Much bigger issue with armour and how it works (or not works at all). But i agree that ES was over nerfed, but we must speak that life just ultra weak at the moment. Much much more weaker than ES.

Spoiler

Why not give old content/leagues new life? All need to do - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1997679 add mini flashback into league after 1 - 1,5 months after it started
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Oct 7, 2017, 3:22:54 AM
Play during years to improve your main build with a mechanic existing since the start and still availaible for life builds (VP mainly).
We will see what you think truely from a totaly stupid and inequitable decision.

And yea, we're many cause ES melee build are dead with a leech rate totaly ridiculous. VS bosses, we must stop fighting during years before to regen and attack close again.
With current hp bosses when you play a full party... Thats so fucking boring stupid !

Thats why I stopped to play this game. And they can add 50 langages and acts, it'll be same.

Enjoy if you're new by playing temp leagues with a build choice more and more restraint that will finaly bore you. And ofc don't improve your favorite build in permanent leagues, soon or late it's a waste of time. Later = More painful.

PS : Already got lvl 100 with life build as well. so noob fan boys spare us ! Anger here is legit !
Last edited by Zat0ichi on Oct 7, 2017, 8:23:53 AM
"
ayashi wrote:
I won't say I subscribe to the prepubescent and adolescent virgin-rage running rampant over this nerf, though it is entertaining to see people take the changes as a personal affront, therefore making the game 'dead' to everyone else as a result of their personal slight, but I will say I've managed pretty well working around the nerf with a successful(ish) hybrid build.

Look at my profile/build for Vinruki, it's a 'test' of sorts for hybrid essence drain and so far it's pretty ridiculous. I know what changes I want to make, but as it is my ED is ticking at roughly 50k, moreso with Witchfire Brew.

Next on the agenda is to find a way to 6S/6L my Shavronne's and attempt a LL/bloodmagic type deal, but I may wait until next season since I lack the currency to fund that many jeweler's and fusings.

I'm not asking for feedback, but I am saying there are solutions if you have the damn patience and intelligence to break from your perfect build that no longer seems perfect. Some of you all need to learn to adapt, but that falls on deaf ears. Either way, I'm open to suggestions on the build too, as I'm well aware of some clumsy decisions I made thus far.

Maybe I should've posted this in a Witch build thread, but I feel this response also pertains to the ES/Life salt that is covering the forums lately.

Ayashi

I might be incorrect, but your account looks pretty young.
Some of us are here from well.. the very dawn of the game, and we have well.. a few tens.. some even hundreds of builds.
the main quest was in "searching for the build you love, and you would play with it, the mechanic you lack into the rest of the games, and the unique aporach toward the solving of the requirement"
A Build which will expressing the very YOU as a such kind of game player.
More or less this is PoE. At least for me. It is not a game which I definitely have to play because it offer a way to achieve something which well.. maybe close to my visions, and maybe some-to-none fun. It is a game afterall and I need to have at least great time playing it.
In order to achieve this every player have invested a ginormous amount of time and resources into the game, because we had a trust into the system of "keeping the players happy is the way", and somehow it was working well so far.
The recent events doublecrossed every bit of fun which at least I had into this game.
It turn it from a game which I would definitely play in my free time even for a few minute, and chat with peoples for a random stuff, to a game which needs to be played in order to prove myself that I can have something which is well.. not anymore funny, just as You are suggesting Ayashi.
Fellow - please understand that we - the players which is unhappy - are not as stupid as you believe, we have so many items, and builds and ready high level characters that we can spend next half year in making a random builds without a single fail.
The issue is another anyway. It is that the thing which we spend so much efforts into looking for now is dead for no reason, and our fun and trust is heavily shaked. Shaked to the very core.
It's like you just went back home to see your beloved girlfriend, which you brought from the street, help her became the queen of the beauty, spend anything you have on her, but instead you founding her into the bed involved into a very sexual event with the junk man, and she is laughing into your face.
Nope. The Trust and the Love does not works like that, and the lack of Fun is the 1st sign that they are gone.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
was not a real fan of ES but,i hope someone at GGG's office keep taking a look at this thread , just to figure how they made the game so boring....

build diversity? dead .... fun? dead .... trade? dead .... party playin'? dead ....high lvl grinding and xp? dead .... guilds? dead ..... maps density? dead ....

and the list can be bigger.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
So true BlazeSTX ! Much appreciated !
I think the extent of the ES nerf is super unwarranted. The real issue of ES being op was due to Vaal Pact + Leech mechanics. Which should've been fixed with the changes to Vaal Pact and Soul Reaver and ended with that. If there's a problem of people reaching stupid levels of Max ES (25k+), Then wouldn't it be simpler to just put a hard cap on max ES? ie, cap ES at 20k regardless of gear or tree. It's the maximum you can get. This opens up the option of spec'ing into damage (more diversity?) The current nerf had made ES completely non-viable, especially for casual players.
"
sinxyc wrote:
I think the extent of the ES nerf is super unwarranted. The real issue of ES being op was due to Vaal Pact + Leech mechanics. Which should've been fixed with the changes to Vaal Pact and Soul Reaver and ended with that. If there's a problem of people reaching stupid levels of Max ES (25k+), Then wouldn't it be simpler to just put a hard cap on max ES? ie, cap ES at 20k regardless of gear or tree. It's the maximum you can get. This opens up the option of spec'ing into damage (more diversity?) The current nerf had made ES completely non-viable, especially for casual players.

There we go again.
Fellow... fellow.. fellow..
Your words is just a copycat of the trolls which destroyed the game.
In the moment which your words become the truth - the game will be completely doublecrossed forever from more than half of the population ( the rest will leave soon after ).

The funny part in here is that we are still arguing about if I am right or wrong, while the result is telling us clearly that I should be the next GGG CEO, and the current one should be kicked hard, and forbidden to took any decision seriouser than buying a pizza.. ( woops. doublecross this - do not let this guy order you a pizza, you will be sorry ! )

The population in the patch start - 98.000 peoples ( Steam ). Current population - 9.000 peoples ( a few minutes ago )
Great way of thinking ! Destroy people's fun, because you are a selfish, stupid, lame, and envy guy.
NICE ! Pray the Jesus and Santa ! Because You are such a gooooood boy !
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Oct 10, 2017, 4:17:40 PM
ES was OP. Now it is in a good place (maybe a bit underpowered, but only because of Vaal pact being broken).

Most of you are complaining that ES builds are unplayable. Well, I happened to actually make a melee ES build that can tank Shaper slams and kill him while only using 1 link. I made a melee CI character that can do any map mod, farm Guardians, etc. And in almost every way it is better than a life alternative. And it is relatively cheap. All it took was a bit of knowledge of the game and PathOfBuilding.

ES has many benefits compared to life and only two major drawbacks, a 35% mandatory aura and a lack of VP. Stun immunity is now just a Pantheon power and Freeze Immunity is easy to get on a Flask. It is still much easier to get higher EHP with ES (which means higher leech/regen scaling). ES has a built in recovery mechanic as well as Vaal Discipline, which allows for easier boss fights + lab becomes a complete joke. ES provides a complete immunity to one of the five damage types in the game (chaos and poison). Also many ascendencies give even more ES (which is already easier to get than HP), like Guardian, Occultist and Trickster. Also melee ES gets one of the best support gems in the game for free, Damage on Full Life, as well as other effects of full life and low life builds.

I think most of you are actually complaining that you can't just easily destroy the game with simple builds and garbage gear. ES now actually takes some planning and decent gear to do the hardest content, which is how the game should be played.
Check out my 3.0 Melee CI Inquisitor, I kill Shaper on a 1 Link!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311
Last edited by Divini on Oct 11, 2017, 2:24:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info