3.0 setting up for disappointment?

''No real end game still''

Really? This game is about loot progression, making builds work, and clearing areas and killing things. The map variety available at endgame surpasses any action rpg that ever existed. You do not even have to do that. There are other things that can be farmed as well, Prophecies, Atziri, Core game boss runs, Challenges. I really do not know of one example that another game in this genre did better at ''endgame''. Maybe I am wrong but please enlighten me.
Tbh I don't expect much

You're changing the campaign so it's basically a muscle memory shift

End game still gonna be Strands of whatever most efficient layout is

End game still gonna be Necro Support, or if they nerf it, any Support
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I won't complain about any changes and additions. I'm up to everything new.
But how about fixing problems with the game before adding new things? GGG, you are acting just like all other MMO developers: swarm us with unbalanced NEW(tm) content in order to lure in new players. I won't say it's a bad thing, but I really want you to think more about us, existing player base.

What I desperately urge for is:

Trading system changes: GET US A NORMAL TRADING PLATFORM ALREADY.

Lag/FPS drop fixes: are we ever going to be blessed with DX support mode that is actually out of beta? I can't count how many times I died in breach/maps with beyond mode, just because my fps dives into 0, and I play DEX characters.
Last edited by Novelette on May 18, 2017, 7:06:46 AM
I am so far inclined to be slightly disappointed, but that is only because of Ghost Reaver change. Other than that, I am making sure to keep my hype level for 3.0 to close to zero, so I can be surprised by GGG literally making the third PoE game ever.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

The initial reveal was lukewarm at best but the water has turned stale and soon toxic.

2.6 removed melee skills from efficient end game play
3.0 will remove ES while not noticeably buffing life

What does 3.0 truly bring to us. Progression content that will be forgotten by most players after the first run? The pantheon system?

Compare 3.0 with atlas of worlds and ascendancy and its shocking GGG could ever prop it up as their biggest expansion ever.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on May 18, 2017, 2:45:31 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
The initial reveal was lukewarm at best but the water has turned stale and soon toxic.

2.6 removed melee skills from efficient end game play
3.0 will remove ES while not noticeably buffing life

What does 3.0 truly bring to us. Progression content that will be forgotten by most players after the first run? The pantheon system?

Compare 3.0 with atlas of worlds and ascendancy and its shocking GGG could ever prop it up as their biggest expansion ever.

it is by far biggest expansion content wise, even more so man hours spent, considering how ggg team has grown.
"
"
Novelette wrote:
I won't complain about any changes and additions. I'm up to everything new.
But how about fixing problems with the game before adding new things? GGG, you are acting just like all other MMO developers: swarm us with unbalanced NEW(tm) content in order to lure in new players. I won't say it's a bad thing, but I really want you to think more about us, existing player base.

Are you fucking kidding?

They literally said that the 3.0 expansion will bring new mechanics/change old ones and they LITERALLY just recently posted a major change.

I don't even...

Uh, I didn't say a word about gameplay mechanics. I don't have problems with them.
This is all about technical aspect: very raw engine and ingame control systems.
I want changes in trading, chat, party system, inventory/stash etc. The things that will make ingame navigation feel like 2017, not 2006.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Compare 3.0 with atlas of worlds

I agree, switching to shaped strands from gorge was a huge QoL improvement, no idea how can they even hope to match that.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 18, 2017, 6:41:53 AM
Since I've stopped wishing PoE to be the game I want and mostly just accept whatever they throw out, I'm super-hyped every expansion. 3.0 will be big, massive, yuuge, actually.

No more playing the same exact content 3X for every char, thank you sweet overlord Cthulhu, thank you!! New bosses, tilesets, pantheon, balance changes, candy improvements, new mobs, prob. new maps... I can fap to all that.

My only real hope is for technical stability. 2.0 was a fail in that regard.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 18, 2017, 6:53:36 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Compare 3.0 with atlas of worlds

I agree, switching to shaped strands from gorge was a huge QoL improvement, no idea how can they even hope to match that.

you have to run 600 shaped strand with 10% packsize to reach lvl 100 from 99 though.

While gorges it was 320 or so?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info