3.0 setting up for disappointment?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I can guarantee right now, 100%, anyone interested in the story of Wraeclast so far will be all over FoO like black on rice.

Anything else and I'd say all bets are off. Which is fine. Fall of Oriath is promising two major things: a one-act conclusion to the Oriath arc and an entire new 5-act arc triggered by the Fall of Oriath arc that mixes existing and new assets quite cleverly; and a new system of buffs obtained by killing bosses called 'the Pantheon'. We also know there are large QoL changes like a new minimap, the *start* of labyrinth reworks, and a micro-transaction system overhaul.

Is that enough to earn the 'expansion' designation? Of course. Jeeze. More than.

GGG are more apt to add the things D_C is asking for between major updates, to be fair. Skill gems especially.

And I'm not sure how you can say there's no real end-game when Maps gained an entire expansion giving them context, new buffs and a (shitty) story to boot. But I'm sure there are those who think that killing the Shaper is easy-peasy and everyone does, despite the lingering evidence that a *lot* of players currently don't even make it to a Map. But, yknow. Some people just assume everyone does the same thing as them, wants the same things as them. I'm sure there's some fancy name for this mental calibration. I'll stick to something lay like 'self-centred'.

Just make sure you get your unleashed right ;-)
No Problem,
Exile
I am ok with story, just I think nazi stuff is bit cheesy, well many things have been cheesy like izaro and such.

I think there will be disappointment, Like any other major patches I am sure there will be glitch or some sort of problems with game.

Just gotta deal with the problems though. And I do hope things OP mentioned will get resolved and not go slow-motion as we currently are.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

Just make sure you get your unleashed right ;-)

True story: just before we locked the details in for testing, my final revision was deemed too weak and punitive. Since it's now a scaling low level sword and *extremely* hard to get (it's a drop, not a crafted item), it seems the devs feel there's a lot of room for power and a less harsh degen. NOT GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT.

I don't think it'll be in 3.0 though. There's a LOT of new voicework (I'm looking at 7-10 lines per new act). Still, while they have Kira's voice actress in the studio, I guess they could tap her for the lines.

Really nice to get a heads up on that matter.
I love your items (and so does everyone else)!
And so do you
Spoiler
i know it

Still my missing goal in general (to get all three)
No Problem,
Exile
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

- I promise you this will not be the case. Outside of the new keystone, we will have new damage over time nodes. I also expect GGG will overhaul the burning clusters (notice we have approximately 120% increased shock duration, about 100% freeze/chill duration, and only 30% ignite duration on tree? Yeah. I expect they will change that. It's fucking hilarious that it's been like this for so long, but double-dip ignite prolif was out of control).
- Damage over time is actually being buffed. I don't think anyone understands that. The only mechanic that's being nerfed is double-dipping. In fact, if you were relying on burning damage before (and didn't abuse the hilariously obscene double-dipping capabilities), you will be stronger than ever. Increased Burning Damage is a more modifier now. DoT base damage is getting improved across the board. Maybe people will actually play fire trap builds for the burning ground now (if you don't think the ES/CI/VP/GR combo was broken you have larger problems I cannot address with logic).

You say its getting buffed, but the truth is that all the proper builds that were shaper viable and used dots used doubledipping aoe/increased damage nodes all increased the damage twice, most builds use at least 7-8 jewels(assuming they are about 96 or so lvl), so thats like 160% double dip damage, even will all the buffs we can say that it will be clearly nerfed on the top end and very large on low end builds. As in people that arent good at min maxing with 3.0 will be playing on a more level field. And considering how dots arent based on initial hits, all the big hit spells will be nerfed to the ground by these changes.
Not saying they are bad, rather the meta will shift to different builds, and im pretty sure the king of meta wont be poison builds.
I'm not sure how can any1 say that 3.0 is setting up for dissapointment, after all this will be even bigger expansion than ascendance was. Personally im really excited about a huge amount of new boss fights. Not to mention the goal of the patch to make leveling transition smooth. I'd say this will be the patch where leveling is no longer a chore.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
I am ok with story, just I think nazi stuff is bit cheesy.

The Nazi-like symbolism of the static monster art GGG teased is a lot more noticeable than what it'll be like in-game. I think the Nazi stuff reaches a peak in mid act 3 with Lunaris level 2 honestly, and we seemed to have survived that. The blatantly fascist symbol of Oriath we saw on the armbands for act 5 monsters will be nowhere near as prolific as other symbols that have been teased in screenshots and videos so far, especially the golden descry all over the stained glass windows -- which in function is much closer to the Christian Cross than anything else. This makes sense, given Oriath worships a single god and calls it 'God'.

Sure All I am hoping is I just hope it wont be like those filler episodes of Naruto type thing we keep getting with SoV, AoW, Forsaken Masters, Perandus, Prophecy, Talisman, and many more.

I wish they can build some lore behind things like Warband, Tempest and so forth, like explanation of how they are in game and lore behind it.

Same goes for old league stuff like strong boxes, beyond, and more, like actual story line with NPCs talking about them, instead of just picking up uniques and reading about the, type of way.
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

- I promise you this will not be the case. Outside of the new keystone, we will have new damage over time nodes. I also expect GGG will overhaul the burning clusters (notice we have approximately 120% increased shock duration, about 100% freeze/chill duration, and only 30% ignite duration on tree? Yeah. I expect they will change that. It's fucking hilarious that it's been like this for so long, but double-dip ignite prolif was out of control).
- Damage over time is actually being buffed. I don't think anyone understands that. The only mechanic that's being nerfed is double-dipping. In fact, if you were relying on burning damage before (and didn't abuse the hilariously obscene double-dipping capabilities), you will be stronger than ever. Increased Burning Damage is a more modifier now. DoT base damage is getting improved across the board. Maybe people will actually play fire trap builds for the burning ground now (if you don't think the ES/CI/VP/GR combo was broken you have larger problems I cannot address with logic).

You say its getting buffed, but the truth is that all the proper builds that were shaper viable and used dots used doubledipping aoe/increased damage nodes all increased the damage twice, most builds use at least 7-8 jewels(assuming they are about 96 or so lvl), so thats like 160% double dip damage, even will all the buffs we can say that it will be clearly nerfed on the top end and very large on low end builds. As in people that arent good at min maxing with 3.0 will be playing on a more level field. And considering how dots arent based on initial hits, all the big hit spells will be nerfed to the ground by these changes.
Not saying they are bad, rather the meta will shift to different builds, and im pretty sure the king of meta wont be poison builds.

Right. But, again, there are DOT builds that did not heavily double dip. I mentioned fire trap to give an example. There are certainly others. I know GGG have already said they are NOT lowering guardian/shaper health to compensate for this. And I know that the builds that used double-dip and DOTs to trivialize this content previously are being hit the hardest.

But maybe that's a good thing? Trivialization of end-game challenges (frankly that's what they are: challenges, not bosses -- they don't halt progression) doesn't seem like a healthy thing to me.

DOT, as a whole, as a mechanic, is getting buffed. That is what I mean. But, maybe that's my opinion.
Bring back race seasons.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If 3.0 is mainly about a bunch of 'new' acts (not exactly new, they re-use half of the content and call it Act 6-10), then players will get disappointed and bored pretty fast.

Sure there will be a lot of cosmetic and maybe some QoL improvements, but still this stuff should have been done long ago in beta. Like, it's 2017 and this game really shouldn't be in beta mode anymore for some of the stuff GGG is still working on...

So the big and mostly negative and probable takeaways so far are:

- There will be < 10 new gems

- Lab tweaked a bit, but no new and major additions or changes to Ascendancy.

- No real end game still

- No big trade revamp

- No new weapon or armor classes

- No major additions to tree (1 new keystone maybe?)

- No more skill points

- More bigly nerfs and horrid balance changes, as usual in every patch (nerf to DoT, nerf ES, nerf VP, nerf nerf nerf anything powerful and melee as usual, except for all things range)

So.. there's not much to look forward to once the no lifer finishes all the acts < 4 hours, unlike every other expansion in the past where there was so much more new stuff to try out after whipping thru new acts...

well better 10 acts where every act is a little alike than 4 x the same acts tho!
we don't need more skill points!
Tree is fine as it is.
fuck trading go play ssf :')
and get used to nerfs because that's in every arpg anyways.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Eh.
If a person's already planning on being disappointed then they'll likely succeed.

I'm just looking forward to revisiting areas I've been to and seeing what has changed from completing the quests.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on May 17, 2017, 8:19:54 AM
Of course it's going to be a disappointment when you expect more than they will deliver.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info