3.0 setting up for disappointment?

The 3.0 disappointments i predict are:

-new maps won't even be seen after 2-3 days of finishing acts and playing end game (red maps)
-new support gems will add nothing new as they need to replace similar gems in your 6-link
-constant nerfs to everything left no more viable builds to test

The 3.0 wishlist i would be hype about:
-new skills instead of only support gems
-new build enabling uniques like something with frenzy charge on hit instead of on kill
-new red maps even if they are a conversion of low tiers (i'm tired of doing the same red maps)
"
PayneK wrote:

-new maps won't even be seen after 2-3 days of finishing acts and playing end game (red maps)
-new support gems will add nothing new as they need to replace similar gems in your 6-link

-new build enabling uniques like something with frenzy charge on hit instead of on kill
-new red maps even if they are a conversion of low tiers (i'm tired of doing the same red maps)

Doesn't the so-called "constant" nerf(ing) necessitate the testing of new, viable builds?

There are two things that keep this game fresh: (1) New leagues resetting everyone, and the economy, to zero, and (2) nerfs to meta-defining skills/nodes/gear that then cause new meta's to be discovered.

Lose that and this game dies. Fast.
"
PayneK wrote:

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

Doesn't the so-called "constant" nerf(ing) necessitate the testing of new, viable builds?

There are two things that keep this game fresh: (1) New leagues resetting everyone, and the economy, to zero, and (2) nerfs to meta-defining skills/nodes/gear that then cause new meta's to be discovered.

Lose that and this game dies. Fast.

I agree with Slaanesh69 nerfs make old meta builds that have been tested to death irrelevant making room for new builds, this has been happening in poe for a long time.

Next who said there won't be new uniques? Pretty sure there will be at least a few. Now will they build enabling? I don't know, but it isn't always easy to make a unique that is build enabling, and at the same time not overpowered. So asking for one is like asking for a great new fun feature, sure we all want that but even if they have a great idea, it doesn't always pan out.

Next you ask for new red maps even if they are conversions of low tiers, you can literally already do this with shaper orbs, and get 6 "new" red maps every league, heck you can make a second account and get 6 more. People will never do that because profit trumps "new and fun" for almost everyone.

I agree 3.0 is going to disappoint most people looking for long term "new" but with the way people chew through new content these days it's almost impossible to make new content that lasts. So GGG does the best it can by making what new they can, recycling old into new and generally have a good enough core to make people enjoy the new.
the new areas are replacing levels which skilled players already rush through in hours.

is there a sign that the new xpack is changing that by making it more difficult to reach maps? i don't see one (yet), only power creep thriugh pantheon mods which makes it easier.

but i hope they move endgame more into the main game.

and thx charan for confirming that maps are still a placeholder for a real endgame. already wondered what ggg will focus on next.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
and thx charan for confirming that maps are still a placeholder for a real endgame. already wondered what ggg will focus on next.

Yeah, looking forward to the whole Map system reworked. It's unsustainable as end-game.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I don't think many leagues are made to be woven into the actual story. Perandus was an exception. Prophecy adds to the lore through what Navali has to say. Talisman was mostly about the Ezomytes, who are not big players in the main history of Wraeclast.

Atlas of Worlds IS filler and I don't consider it part of the main story at all.

Shadow of the Vaal added a little bit with the letters in the side areas, but mostly was just an excuse to get people to fight Atziri and be aware that she was some Countess Bathory wannabe.

Forsaken Masters are just Exiles who've been on Wraeclast far too long. At least they didn't go Rogue like the Exiles introduced in Anarchy.

Warbands in terms of lore was ridiculously filler.

Breach and Beyond are also technically filler in that they add nothing to the core story, and actually create serious lore problems in terms of the new stuff regarding actual gods. Beyond was just the devs getting cute with Lovecraft and Breach, shit, I don't even know where Breach fits into things other than we have always had a unique named Eye of Chayula. Whoopdedoo.

Tempest, Domination, Torment, Bloodlines, Nemesis, Ambush, Onslaught...these are just mechanics-based leagues. Zero lore required.

SO that's my way of telling you not to expect lore additions justifying or explaining league mechanics. Mainly because there'd be no point doing that if Standard never gets them...

But an NPC or two made specifically for all new leagues, as with Navali for Prophecy or Cadiro for Perandus? That'd be good. Just wouldn't expect one when the mechanics are more of a gimmick than something that adds to the overall story of Wraeclast.

Thank you for this simplistic breakdown of the leagues and their interaction with the main story, I started in Breach, so while I've experienced the leagues, via leaguestones, I was curious if they were woven into the storyline.

So given that we haven't had much of a major storyline change, and FoO is a MASSIVE storyline change can we expect it will be another year or two before we see a change of this size? Or does Xbox requirements force their hand to progress faster?
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Jul 3, 2017, 12:40:13 PM
"
How about you wait for its release first?

I am bored to death by the never ending legacy league. We should have an option to get out characters and stuff from legacy to standard instead beeing blocked for months with a dead league. They will release 3.0 in the first week of August...2019. We will play legacy till then.
"
Piftiuta wrote:
"
How about you wait for its release first?

I am bored to death by the never ending legacy league. We should have an option to get out characters and stuff from legacy to standard instead beeing blocked for months with a dead league. They will release 3.0 in the first week of August...2019. We will play legacy till then.

play the beta bro
I dont see any any key!
Beta > Legacy (potentially) :o
"
Beta > Legacy (potentially) :o

at least its fresh and new
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info