Path of Exile and Twitch Prime Set To Partner Up Next Week!

While I understand the general dislike for geo-locked stuff, I think a lot of people are missing the point. This is a business partnership. GGG is offering the MTXs as INCENTIVES for people to get involved with Twitch Prime (their new business partner). There is no incentive if those same MTXs are then readily and easily available to people even if they don't involve themselves with Twitch Prime.

Letting the MTXs be purchasable later is also a sensible move because it removes the geo-lock for anyone who really wanted the MTXs but could not participate in the promotion.

I think people need to understand that fundamentally this is NOT a FREE GIVEAWAY. It is a PROMOTIONAL OFFER. If you are able to participate in the promotion you give GGG support and in return GGG gives you some MTXs. If you aren't able to participate in the promotion you give GGG some support buy buying in-game currency and GGG gives you those MTXs. Either way it is a transaction.

Maybe people within the promotion zones have easier access to the MTXs because they don't necessarily have to spend real money. But maybe other people have it easier because they don't have to mess around with creating an account or linking it or remembering to cancel an account or any of the other bothersome stuff that might come with getting Twitch Prime set up.

Purely geo-locked MTXs in a game where MTXs are the only thing you can really buy would be a truly horrible idea, but I do not think all or even any of the promotions that GGG holds need be global as long as any MTXs associated with those promotions are available in some other way to players who cannot participate in the promotion.

Again, key phrases here are (BUSINESS) PARTNERSHIP and PROMOTION(AL OFFER). This is NOT a GIVEAWAY.
Last edited by EonLight on May 16, 2017, 4:12:48 PM
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
@zidboy23 Damn son even if you use VPN you still need credit card number from these countires...

I assume everyone has a internationally accepted credit card like VISA or Master card. Also all you need is to register to a free trial to get the mtx. You can just cancel it right away so that there will be no charges to your credit card.
Stop shitting about other countries not being able to get this stuff... as GGG saide they will be available to get in a shop later ;)

PS If you really want it for free just use VPN and ask any of your friends to allow you to use his/his mother's card number ;)
Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.
Twitch Prime is currently only available to customers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.

Now I feel like a second hand exile... Kind of lame.

Anyway I already have a shitton of footprints, weapons and portals so it's k.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 16, 2017, 4:17:56 PM
as if there were not enough reasons to move to Canada already
HYPEEEE
"
dephness wrote:
"
necrotwi0 wrote:
So free stuff for a selected number of countries.
And the contries that can get it are "first world" ones. 3rd world contries, that already strugle way more with money can BUY this later.

Yeah, sounds about right.

[Removed by Support]

So because you are from a third world country, you shoudn't have fun?
Just work like a slave and never spend money on entertainment?
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on May 16, 2017, 4:48:05 PM
MTX's are so ugly anyway, who cares lol
Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.
"
necrotwi0 wrote:
So free stuff for a selected number of countries.
And the contries that can get it are "first world" ones. 3rd world contries, that already strugle way more with money can BUY this later.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Exactly!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info