Development Manifesto: Changes to the Labyrinth

Lab trials are incredibly boring.
Expecting more impactful manifestos to come :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
menchop wrote:
Lab trials are incredibly boring.

Get in, get out, move on
So disappointed.

I was expecting GGG would announce Ascendancy was no longer part of Lab...but nooo they have made it worse.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
This honestly makes me wish there was a single player game client i could play solo forever without updating to this patch. Love the game so, so much as is... this is a huge blow
"
Chameleon wrote:
So disappointed.

I was expecting GGG would announce Ascendancy was no longer part of Lab...but nooo they have made it worse.

How, exactly, is reducing the number of trials, making parts shorter, and adding a waypoint making it worse?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
oh no still this f.... lab aargh
STOP THIS STUPID LABYRINTH
PEOPLE RUN LAB IS FOR THE REWARD BUT NOONE WOULD EVER ENJOY THAT
PLS DONT TORTURE YOUR PLAYER ANYMORE
YOU MAKE A BAD DESIGN AND NOW YOU HAVE TO FACE THE MUSIC
What I don't understand is:

3.0 was the perfect time to REMOVE lab or at least limit lab to uber lab and let the rest of the ascendancy points come from boss kills.

The fact that an awesome ARPG has a shitty "pull this lever and avoid that trap" section in a 3D isometric setting where its hard to see what the fuck you are doing and even worse one wrong move will set you back either a full lab (softcore) or a full char (hardcore) is an atrocity.

Normal to Merc lab really needs to go, but until GGG realizes this I will vote with my money.

NO MORE MTX OR PACKS WILL BE BOUGHT until then, I hope a lot of people will follow through because quite frankly it seems like this is the only thing GGG understands as of late.

Also, I can't wait to see how Xbox users will react to the shit fest that is lab, maybe THAT will make GGG think twice.
"
shepherddwu wrote:
STOP THIS STUPID LABYRINTH
PEOPLE RUN LAB IS FOR THE REWARD BUT NOONE WOULD EVER ENJOY THAT
PLS DONT TORTURE YOUR PLAYER ANYMORE
YOU MAKE A BAD DESIGN AND NOW YOU HAVE TO FACE THE MUSIC

I, like many others, enjoy the lab. It feels different, it has unique game mechanics and good rewards (enchants+ascendancy+chests)... I think Lab has been a great addition to the game, one of the reasons is that it was not more of the same.

I fail to understand all this hate towards it.. 90% of it can still be run brainlessy with absurd movement speed without paying attention to what is around you, and a single lab run takes you 15-20 mins AT MAX (if you know what you are doing).

This said, I think that now that the game has a single game difficulty 4 different labs are a bit too much, I would have reduced them to 3 (one entry level with easier layout and forgiving traps to let people learn the basics, one "normal" lab and the end game lab)
Last edited by FrancescoV on May 16, 2017, 5:39:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info