[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

First of all , i wanna say thanks for your work, this build for me seems ultra good.(despite the fact i died in uber lab trial like fucking idiot).
But i've got some question about chest, already read half of 40 pages, but never seen at least someone who asks about Carcass Jack.
For me it's sub-optimal 5link , cause got still get inc area , and area dmg plus some life and all res. And probably you can even run normal mapping with conc effect cause of jack.
Did you have some minds about it ?
cheers, mate
I haven't read through all the comments of this post, so sorry if this has already been answered.

Have you tried this build out with ST? I know the interaction with bloodseeker isn't as good since both don't hit at the same time.
But i've played a fair amount of BF this league and im a little sick of it atm, so im looking for alternatives.

Cyclone prolly works decently for bosses, though feels like it would lack on bosses.

My other thought is doing this as Dual Strike. Strictly worse than BF, but at least something different for a change of pace.
"
grandrulers wrote:

great build so far so good. been playing this for weeks now.

blood rage with CWDT in this build is really a fancy thing to add :)
im running molten shell for extra armor but doesn't seems to help much

Cool cool. Some suggestions:

1) Onslaught on CWDT is not going to work. That's only if IC or Molten Shell are getting the killing blow; I assure you, most likely they will never do that.

2) Molten Shell sux. You really want to try the blasphemy + temporal + enhance setup

3) Where is you Hatred? Blood Rage is crap compared to it...

4) Lvl 4 CWDT taken setup seems to work better in all my testing

5) Get the auras I mentioned and get your whirling blades linked to blood magic so you can still move around.

I like that you're not doing exactly what I say in the guide and you are trying a different approach, but don't just test in-game without looking at Path of Building. If you had compared Blood Rage to Hatred, you would most likely not have chosen Blood Rage.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 7, 2017, 3:02:12 PM
"
SIGRLINN wrote:
First of all , i wanna say thanks for your work, this build for me seems ultra good.(despite the fact i died in uber lab trial like fucking idiot).
But i've got some question about chest, already read half of 40 pages, but never seen at least someone who asks about Carcass Jack.
For me it's sub-optimal 5link , cause got still get inc area , and area dmg plus some life and all res. And probably you can even run normal mapping with conc effect cause of jack.
Did you have some minds about it ?
cheers, mate

Yes, Carcass is a good option. As I stated in the main post. The guide is not written in stone. Use your best judgement, look at the numbers in PoB, and then test in-game to verify your results.

And thanks for the kind words )
Last edited by corosou on Sep 7, 2017, 3:11:39 PM
"
Zephon wrote:
I haven't read through all the comments of this post, so sorry if this has already been answered.

Have you tried this build out with ST? I know the interaction with bloodseeker isn't as good since both don't hit at the same time.
But i've played a fair amount of BF this league and im a little sick of it atm, so im looking for alternatives.

Cyclone prolly works decently for bosses, though feels like it would lack on bosses.

My other thought is doing this as Dual Strike. Strictly worse than BF, but at least something different for a change of pace.

Spectral Throw? No, I haven't tried that and TBH, it doesn't really sound like something I would like to try just reading the skill.

Also, you're contradicting yourself:

"Cyclone prolly works decently for bosses, though feels like it would lack on bosses."

I'm assuming you meant to say it "works decently for mapping" and lacking on bosses. In which case, it depends on the boss... Works fine on anything upto T15, if you look at my last posts last night you can see I am already doing Cyclone quite successfully. But yes, it's def not as good as BF for something like Minotaur, but you can just swap in BF, like you do Conc. Cyclone and BF use EXACTLY the same links and there is nothing in my tree that specifically benefits BF or any specific skill for that matter, so this template can be applied to many other skills, I suppose.

Test and let us know...
Last edited by corosou on Sep 7, 2017, 3:05:24 PM
from where this build getting endurance charges?
"
OrKToS wrote:
from where this build getting endurance charges?

From nowhere. You're welcome to grab "Enduring Cry", and drop "Culling" if you don't care about it on your Warchief or already have it on your claw, but TBH the lvl 4 CWDT + lvl 6 IC works just fine without charges. With 400-600k life on hit, a short duration IC is fine.
Spoiler
"
corosou wrote:
"
Zephon wrote:

Spectral Throw? No, I haven't tried that and TBH, it doesn't really sound like something I would like to try just reading the skill.

"Cyclone prolly works decently for bosses, though feels like it would lack on bosses."

I'm assuming you meant to say it "works decently for mapping" and lacking on bosses. In which case, it depends on the boss... Works fine on anything upto T15, if you look at my last posts last night you can see I am already doing Cyclone quite successfully. But yes, it's def not as good as BF for something like Minotaur, but you can just swap in BF, like you do Conc. Cyclone and BF use EXACTLY the same links and there is nothing in my tree that specifically benefits BF or any specific skill for that matter, so this template can be applied to many other skills, I suppose.

Test and let us know...

Yeah sorry dunno what I brainfarted out, meant to say that cyclone is prolly okay for bosses but a bit worse for mapping, since the area is a bit on the lower side with the claw range.

Appreciate the answer, I'll take a peak and see if I'll try some spectral throw out or not.
"
Zephon wrote:
Spoiler
"
corosou wrote:
"
Zephon wrote:

Test and let us know...

Yeah sorry dunno what I brainfarted out, meant to say that cyclone is prolly okay for bosses but a bit worse for mapping, since the area is a bit on the lower side with the claw range.

Appreciate the answer, I'll take a peak and see if I'll try some spectral throw out or not.

Cyclone worse for mapping? It doesn't feel bad at ALL to me tbh...

You should really give it a try with the setup I put together. The area of effect is more than enough when you are sucking everything in and dragging it along with you until it's dead:

Empire's Grasp + Knockback support means you basically have a Vaal Cyclone that can still move around ;)

Def def try it, mad fun!

EDIT: Warchief on the gloves also means when you drop it things will get sucked towards it, very handy!

EDIT2: Here's an option I forgot to mention I got yesterday just to test and to try to get some more AoE for Cyclone.

Just swap Scourge for:

Def works... I gotta play more with it to see how I feel about it.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 7, 2017, 4:56:03 PM
"
corosou wrote:

From nowhere. You're welcome to grab "Enduring Cry", and drop "Culling" if you don't care about it on your Warchief or already have it on your claw, but TBH the lvl 4 CWDT + lvl 6 IC works just fine without charges. With 400-600k life on hit, a short duration IC is fine.

Hm... so Death's Door and Veruso's Gauntlets just for Bleed immun and attack speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info