[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
jason80 wrote:
What did people use to level with other than SC? Some of the leveling uniques in the OP are still a bit expensive for my tastes.

I mean realistically you can level with whatever. It's not that hard to get to the 30s/40s with crap you find. SC is really easy and really effective, but not necessary. You could easily throw a couple orbs of binding to get quick 4Ls and level with those. Facebreaker's are super cheap. Deidbell, Warden's Brand also cheap. You can avoid the slightly more expensive pieces like Lycosidae and Tabula if you are tight on currency.

Facebreaker and Shield Charge works well because it scales so well with any flat physical, and Deidbell/Warden's have a ton of it and are cheap. The 6L and RT are just extra to ensure super-quick leveling to the fun stuff.

You can certainly use claws from the start and switch to Blade Flurry at 28. Al Dhih, Mortem Morsu, and Ornament of the East are all strong leveling claws. I switch to Blade Flurry at 46 when I could use a pair of OotE I already owned.
Quick update...

Here's a fun item I've been playing with on my Uber Lab runner setup:

Paired with:

Here's a test of life-regen on spikes+fire sentinel both hitting me at the same time:

Can just go AFK here and notice my Stone Golem is not out, so life regen is even more...

Also, I've made several changes to my tree. This is my personal choice as I test things, and for my playstyle:

I modify my tree constantly as I try out different variables in-game, so this is subject to change at anytime.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 6, 2017, 3:00:24 PM
Random update.. If you're curious about the things I usually carry with me:

Just a good DPS ammy for when I want more DPS.

In case it's some map with +cold dmg, chilled ground, some boss that chills or just if I'm close to lvling and want to be extra careful.

If I'm running Uber Lab or if I need to do a trial for an offering in a map.

What I'm usually wearing.

And currency for lockboxes, in case I run into a Diviner's or Arcanist; the only things I bother with.

Why all on the bottom line of the inventory? Because it's quick to get to and it doesn't interfere much with the incoming items I pick up.

Finally my swap-weapons:

For the attack speed, a place for my Conc., a slot to lvl some gem u want, and Leap-slam in case I need to jump over something, but kinda annoying to use, cuz I lose the auras (no biggie though)

Portal + Faster Casting and preferably an extra green socket to get more attack speed for your Leap Slam
Last edited by corosou on Sep 6, 2017, 3:55:32 PM
Hey. Saw you droped Herald of Ash for Temp. Chains. Your thoughts?
"
jasqez wrote:
Hey. Saw you droped Herald of Ash for Temp. Chains. Your thoughts?

Yeap, thought is pretty simple...

Ash kinda sux and Blasphemy + Temp. Chains + Enhance is ridiculous OP

Give it a shot
Got a fun update for you boys and girl out there...

I've gotten questions about using other skills.

I just tested this:

"ScourgeCyclone" ;)

I did a Colosseum with it NP! Was actually quite fun...

Here's how it looks like in PoB doing nothing but swapping the skills:

So... Wanna try Cyclone? Just swap it in ;)

I'll keep messing with this, see how to better optimize it for the skill, but it might not need much work at all from the looks of it.

Constructive feedback on this would be very appreciated!
Last edited by corosou on Sep 6, 2017, 9:11:29 PM
hi! was just gonna ask if there's any particular reason for the claw? would it be okay if i went dual scourge claw and just go with culling strike on one of them?
Ello!

Been messing with Cyclone all night and it's looking pretty sweet!

Check it out:

Youtube: ScourgeCyclone - Beachhead (Boss Fight) - Headhunter+Empire's grasp

Picked up this:

And using this setup:

As you can see I'm using Knockback support instead of Chance to Bleed, so that the Empire's Graps reverse knockback effect is active pretty much all the time sucking mobs and dragging them along ;)

Since I have culling on my claw, I don't need culling for my totem, so I picked up the set of red warcries to mess with:

Enduring and Rallying work pretty well. Rallying has nice synergy with the Empire's Grasp as it taunts helping things pack up closer for them to be sucked in and more mobs means more DPS for the DMG buff. Abyssal is nice, specially with IAoE, but it's very expensive mana wise and I don't think you can use it...

Don't want to use a warcry? Just swap in ruthless, maim, or chance to bleed for totem.

Needless to say this is a work in progress, but I like what I'm seeing!
"
acejhan wrote:
hi! was just gonna ask if there's any particular reason for the claw? would it be okay if i went dual scourge claw and just go with culling strike on one of them?

You NEED blookseeker if you expect to leech life immediately.

great build so far so good. been playing this for weeks now.

blood rage with CWDT in this build is really a fancy thing to add :)
im running molten shell for extra armor but doesn't seems to help much

Last edited by grandrulers on Sep 7, 2017, 6:30:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info