[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

hi!, i wanted to say thanks for the build first before everything else.

I wanted to ask you if i feel like playing only frost blades(personally i love the skill above all other melee/clearing speed), would you recommend going 2x fight for survival with corrupts like 5% damage increased or 10% critical strike chance instead of other 2 jewels.

Lastly if i go champion what do you think about getting the fortify ascendancy and getting another support skill instead of fortify support?.

Thanks in advance!.
First of all thx for great build i'm having a blast. i have all your requireds items you suggest for your lightning strike build and i have about 30ex soare, what upgrades would be good to take it to the next level, thx
"
sha587 wrote:
Wouldn't swords would be better than claws for this build ?

This is a game of end-less variation, options and choice. From the claw perspective I could say there is no sword that provides Instant Life Leech, so Claws are better; so you can see how it's pretty impossible to quantify what is best or not.

Which is the better build? The one 1-shotting a whole Legion Army in Glacier? The one killing Shaper during first phase? The one doing Uber Elder Deathless at lvl 36? The one delving solo to 1000+? The one competing in Uber Lab Daily Ladder? etc... Each entirely different from each other, and still sharing a lot of things in common. What's best or better is really determined by the measuring stick you use.

You wanna use swords, then use swords and figure out the tree that goes for it, but whatever you go with my suggestion is you get the notion of "better/best" out of your head when it comes to this game.

If you pay close attention you'll see the latest variant of LS is using Grelwood + Beltimber Swords. Again, just a different route, not a "better" or "best" choice.
Last edited by corosou on Jul 29, 2019, 5:16:54 PM
"
jicamvp wrote:
hi!, i wanted to say thanks for the build first before everything else.

I wanted to ask you if i feel like playing only frost blades(personally i love the skill above all other melee/clearing speed), would you recommend going 2x fight for survival with corrupts like 5% damage increased or 10% critical strike chance instead of other 2 jewels.

Lastly if i go champion what do you think about getting the fortify ascendancy and getting another support skill instead of fortify support?.

Thanks in advance!.

You're welcome! ;)

Fight For Survival is good, but optimizing the Melee aspect of either LS or FB is IMO (after a lot of testing) a waste, so all you're getting is 25% Projectile speed, which is nice, but is it worth giving up 7% life and other stats? I don't think so.

Also, in my latest setup I'm running Vaal Impurity of Ice, which I recommend and makes it so that mobs have no elemental resistances at all, so the Cold Pen from FFS would be further wasted. Even without VII, I run CWDT + Frost Bomb + Wave of Conviction (Cold), so Cold Pen. is more than covered.

My suggestion is this, if you're running small area maps like T2 Alleyways, go with FB; if you're running large area maps like T2 Glacier, go with LS. Remember you can literally swap one gem to the other with the exact same links, so I would suggest forgoing Fight For Survival which will lock you to just FB.

Lastly, IMO it's a waste of Ascendancy points to just get Fortify. Add it to your movement skill instead. Could you make it work? Absolutely! Just swap Inspirational to Fortify. Won't make or break the build.

GL
"
leedslad1971 wrote:
First of all thx for great build i'm having a blast. i have all your requireds items you suggest for your lightning strike build and i have about 30ex soare, what upgrades would be good to take it to the next level, thx

Thanks! Glad it's doing right by you :)

I tried to check your toon to see what you had, but you have Characters hidden, so no way for me to recommend upgrades.

Although 30EX is not enough for it, have you seen my new LS/FB Slayer variant with Headhunter + 3 x Inspired Learnings?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2599989

It's pretty ridiculous OP and mad fun!
Last edited by corosou on Jul 29, 2019, 4:50:52 PM
Quick 3.7 update...

For anyone still reading this that wants to try something different, fun and fully end-game tested; I've just released a new 45 Minion Champion guide.

Puppet Master - Uber Elder: 4L First Phase DPS Showcase
  • Click image for HQ GIF

Youtube: Uber Elder (1xCrawler, 4xSentinels, 20xSpiders, 20xWolves, 4L, Deaths edited)
Youtube: Shaper (1xCrawler, 4xSentinels, 20xSpiders, 20xWolves, 4L, Full Run, Deathless)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2611333

GL
Last edited by corosou on Aug 2, 2019, 11:00:33 PM
When i was leveling, i used this build, it was ok. But later on 90+ level it was AWFUL. These builds dont have any defence: no dodge, no armor, only 5.5k life.
So if you're not extremely careful, you will die even from regular minotaur melee attack. The Legion is much worse - you will not get 91 lvl.

I've quit this LS/FB build long ago and happy i did so. My damage the same (without abyssus btw, with it - 50% more), but i can survive most hits and live on.
Onestly i think all 3 builds are garbage. If anyone want to dance around any enemy he'll meet (and die anyway) this is your choice.
Hay, I saw the patch notes and I noticed that there is a line that says:
"
Combat Focus: Now also applies to Wild Strike

so I was wondering, if I swap your lightning strike and 2 jewels out of your tree, i can use wild strike with the chain advantage. What do you think of this variation of the build?
"
lehlehich wrote:
When i was leveling, i used this build, it was ok. But later on 90+ level it was AWFUL. These builds dont have any defence: no dodge, no armor, only 5.5k life.
So if you're not extremely careful, you will die even from regular minotaur melee attack. The Legion is much worse - you will not get 91 lvl.

I've quit this LS/FB build long ago and happy i did so. My damage the same (without abyssus btw, with it - 50% more), but i can survive most hits and live on.
Onestly i think all 3 builds are garbage. If anyone want to dance around any enemy he'll meet (and die anyway) this is your choice.

Yeah, it must be the build and not you, because all the other people that have had nothing but good things to say about it I obviously must have paid them.

You're the one single negative comment I've heard in I don't even know how long...

Good luck whatever you went with
"
riboswmata wrote:
Hay, I saw the patch notes and I noticed that there is a line that says:
"
Combat Focus: Now also applies to Wild Strike

so I was wondering, if I swap your lightning strike and 2 jewels out of your tree, i can use wild strike with the chain advantage. What do you think of this variation of the build?

Wild Strike should work with the base concept, but I've never played it and you'll have to do the theorycrafting/in-game testing yourself to see if it's viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info