Well its been fun, game too hard so its back to Diablo 3 I go

"
TheExile777 wrote:
OP actually did nothing wrong, he follower a guide 1:1 and the one who made the guide had bis gear and 11-13k es. OP is currently at 5.5-6k. He uses gear like me, 2-5 ex worth instead 20-50.

That makes the difference.

Sorry, but you can't just say that OP did nothing wrong. If he follows a guide, and he sees that the owner of the guide have 20-50 ex gear to make that build work, then you can't just throw away 2-5 ex and say "oh no, i followed a guide and is not working!! what have i done wrong? why the universe and GGG hates me so much?"...

So please, next time, if you are going to follow a guide, make sure that it can work with cheaper or a budget gear.
Last edited by Hughs on May 1, 2017, 5:02:43 AM
"
Hughs wrote:

Sorry, but you can't just say that OP did nothing wrong. If he follows a guide, and he sees that the owner of the guide have 20-50 ex gear to make that build work, then you can't just throw away 2-5 ex and say "oh no, i followed a guide and is not working!! what have i done wrong? why the universe and GGG hates me so much?"...

So please, next time, if you are going to follow a guide, make sure that it can work with cheaper or a budget gear.

When you were a new player and browsed the forum for interesting build ideas, did you immediately know that the person's gear was 20-50ex worth of gear by looking at it? You knew economical valuations of items in a game you just started playing?

You must be a genius!

Only recently have guides started to include pros/cons that indicate cost of a build. There are still tons of build guides out there that say "46 trillion dps, tshot, poison, triple dipper!" with no indication of the cost of items.

So many players are quick to blame new players. Stop fucking picking on new players. The game is hard enough to understand and get into without people being jerks to every person that is confused about the game.

Sorry you weren't always as good at this game as you are now: FACT. The more we shit on new players, arguably to make ourselves feel superior *cough*, the more difficult it is to grow a community.

Sick of tiny ****, egoists thinking they are better than people over some video game.
So now the problem is just my dps and probably harder maps.

My vortex is pulling in 7k dps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-TQnJ5pXn0

Last edited by AgentChaos360 on May 1, 2017, 11:31:21 AM
I think your build was written before they nerfed conversion of elemental damage to chaos, so it probably lost a lot a damage potential. You are only converting 45% of cold damage to chaos instead of 100%. I think the void manipulation in your set-up, is actually hampering your damage. If you are primarily concerned about damage over time, controlled destruction or concentrated effect would be better. Otherwise, if you just want another green gem, added cold damage will add to the initial hit.

Also, look into frost bomb as it would help your damage some.

Add a faster casting support to you wither totem.

3 link your dagger and add fortify to whirling blades.

Where is your helmet?

Frostbite or vulnerability might be better for your main curse. I don't think warlords mark is a big help for this build.
Last edited by FarmerTed on May 1, 2017, 3:57:14 PM
Oh hey, I used the same build (or very similar) in the breach leagues. Works pretty well when you kill the screen in no time. Just know this, even if you reach 10k es and good dps, you WILL die here and there to minor mistakes. This will happen till you learn properly what maps you can and cant run, and what each boss does and whanot. As a new player dont get discouraged by that fact.

Also about finding items, be ready to put some time in the game. You will find meaningful items here and there but it will take you a lot of hours of playing. Same for leveling above 90, especially if you make rookie mistakes left and right, or get one shot by stuff in maps with too many damage modes (yes even with 10k es and max resist you can get 1 shooted or at least 2-3 shot in 0.2sec).
"
FarmerTed wrote:
I think your build was written before they nerfed conversion of elemental damage to chaos, so it probably lost a lot a damage potential. You are only converting 45% of cold damage to chaos instead of 100%. I think the void manipulation in your set-up, is actually hampering your damage. If you are primarily concerned about damage over time, controlled destruction or concentrated effect would be better. Otherwise, if you just want another green gem, added cold damage will add to the initial hit.

Also, look into frost bomb as it would help your damage some.

Add a faster casting support to you wither totem.

3 link your dagger and add fortify to whirling blades.

Where is your helmet?

Frostbite or vulnerability might be better for your main curse. I don't think warlords mark is a big help for this build.

warlords mark is for leech.

its close quarters so I need to have sustain
"
AgentChaos360 wrote:

Not a big fan of "buying" my gear in order to progress.

Hahahahahahaha. hahaha...

On a serious note, if you follow streamer guides, you will not succeed; they are not for new players who doesn't understand game mechanics or synergy of items/skills.
Last edited by Pymeran on May 1, 2017, 7:02:46 PM
Taking free d3 key also.
"
Pymeran wrote:
"
AgentChaos360 wrote:

Not a big fan of "buying" my gear in order to progress.

Hahahahahahaha. hahaha...

On a serious note, if you follow streamer guides, you will not succeed; they are not for new players who doesn't understand game mechanics or synergy of items/skills.

It's true though if you want to hit level 75+ and start running red maps you need to buy the best gear. The game doesn't even want to make it easy for you to get a 6l item. Either you spend 15ex for a 6l or you waste 400 fusings trying to craft it. Stupidity.

Another thing that makes me mad is lab. In Dark Souls the game never put you up against a boss you couldn't kill. With Izaro, some builds just can't do it until they out level it. At level 33 most builds should be able to normal. Same with cruel. Merciless and uber should be about the same.

I don't like this game. I've been still playing it, because its free, but no more money to GGG.

If they can't make a good game then I'm not supporting.

As for my chaos vortex witch, she can do tier 1-5 maps easily tier 6-9 with moderate difficulty and red maps probably not at all. So its getting better. I think this game should have easier servers with mobs that don't hit as hard, a weakened atirzi, shaper, izaro etc. For those of us who just don't want to follow a build guide with optimal dps. I want to play characters and have fun.
I've made it to the mid-80s on less than 5ex worth of gear (and I only got that 5ex about two weeks before losing my internet for about 6 months, sold a shav's that dropped). You can do a lot on a budget if you know what to look for, and how to use it. You certainly do not need the "best" gear to get to 75+ at all
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info