The Son of God:

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
Second point: are you actually suggesting the apostles did not all teach the same teachings? All the churches in the first 300 years were united under the same teachings. And after the persecution ended, all the churches were able to openly unite and start putting together what the apostles taught. Never was faith alone taught in the first 1500 years.

The Catholic church did not have the same teachings as the first 300 years of the household church meetings, because the constructs to support the teachings of the Catholic church did not exist within those households. As I said before, no rosary, no worship of (or through) mother Mary, no confessionals (Catholics have a strict routine here), no Catholic saints (yet), etc.

If you are interested, you can read the writings of Christians in the first 300 years and you will see the early makings of the Catholic church.

In 155 AD a catholic, St. Justin, wrote a letter to the emperor describing the Mass, to explain what Christians actually did, if you read the letter, it is nearly identical to what the Church does at Mass today.

Or read the writings of St. Ignatius, a disciple of John, he is undeniably Catholic.

If you honestly research the first 300 years, you will truly find the beginnings of the Catholic and eastern Orthodox churches.

Also, in the early days, confession was public, not private, but they did do confession.

No Catholic worships Mary btw, we ask her to pray for us, the same as I ask my grandma to pray for me, and the same as I ask Joan of Arc to pray for me. ALive on earth or in heaven, all Christians should pray for eachother.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Apr 26, 2017, 2:02:46 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

"Catholic (from Ancient Greek: καθολικός katholikos "universal") was first used to describe the church in the early 2nd century.[18] The first known use of the phrase "the catholic church" (he katholike ekklesia) occurred in the letter from Saint Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans, written about 110 AD.[note 2] In the Catechetical Discourses of Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (circa 350), the name "Catholic Church" was used to distinguish it from other groups that also call themselves the church"

Absolutely correct, St. Ignatius was combating heretic gnostics who started fake churches.

Read his writings, the Church preserved them.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Apr 26, 2017, 1:52:21 PM
Watching you guys argue over different religious cults is funny.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Sola scriptura

The authority of God is not to be diluted or obstructed by the the world or anything upon it. We, as people of this Earth, go to great lengths to summarize, classify, and document what we observe, learn, and ultimately teach. But regardless of all of that, from religious instiutions such as the Catholic Church to concepts such as Protestantism, the one truth that cannot be denied is why Christ came to us in the flesh, died on the cross, was resurrected, and left us again to be with our Father in Heaven. He came to offer himself in place of our sins. All of them. Not just the ones we've already committed, and not just the ones we sought repentance for, but all sins. If you believe at least that, there is no way to deny this fundamental Christian truth of Jesus dying for our sins to offer us a path to salvation. Everything you choose to pick out of different books of the Bible to add conditions or obstacles to this will fail, because God's word is absolute.

The ENTIRETY of Romans 10 is about "faith alone". Here's the first 2/3 of it, NIV...

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And the interesting twist from multiple versions of the Bible, is that some even add the heading to this section that identifies it as such. For example, the HCSB adds the heading "Righteousness by Faith Alone".

"
Wraeclastian wrote:

It would certainly be funny to someone who has no belief in such things, let alone understands the passion, freedom, and empowerment one gets from their faith. I can understand that for sure. Enjoy. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

It would certainly be funny to someone who has no belief in such things, let alone understands the passion, freedom, and empowerment one gets from their faith. I can understand that for sure. Enjoy. :-)

It is indeed funny and I understand that the people who have such passion for religion are mentally ill. You broken people are no different than a child who has tea parties with imaginary friends. It's about time for you to mature and step away from the imaginary shit.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Sola scriptura

The authority of God is not to be diluted or obstructed by the the world or anything upon it. We, as people of this Earth, go to great lengths to summarize, classify, and document what we observe, learn, and ultimately teach. But regardless of all of that, from religious instiutions such as the Catholic Church to concepts such as Protestantism, the one truth that cannot be denied is why Christ came to us in the flesh, died on the cross, was resurrected, and left us again to be with our Father in Heaven. He came to offer himself in place of our sins. All of them. Not just the ones we've already committed, and not just the ones we sought repentance for, but all sins. If you believe at least that, there is no way to deny this fundamental Christian truth of Jesus dying for our sins to offer us a path to salvation. Everything you choose to pick out of different books of the Bible to add conditions or obstacles to this will fail, because God's word is absolute.

The ENTIRETY of Romans 10 is about "faith alone". Here's the first 2/3 of it, NIV...

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And the interesting twist from multiple versions of the Bible, is that some even add the heading to this section that identifies it as such. For example, the HCSB adds the heading "Righteousness by Faith Alone".

"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I again ask, how come you ignore the many passages in the Bible by Jesus and his disciples that would appear to contradict this?

I again restate, the entire Bible is true and fits together, and there is no contradiction.

Again, start in Matthew, plenty of stuff their to disprove the faith alone doctrine. Romans was not written in isolation, it fits with the rest of the Bible.

*on a historical note, reading Romans in isolation is partly what led Martin Luther to create the faith alone doctrine. Also, he was scrupulous, which is basically OCD in confession, a mental disorder.

Edit: on an interesting note: flip over to Romans 11 to see a clear cut contradiction to the false teaching of "salvation assurance".
Last edited by Kamchatka on Apr 26, 2017, 2:27:29 PM
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
It is indeed funny and I understand that the people who have such passion for religion are mentally ill. You broken people are no different than a child who has tea parties with imaginary friends. It's about time for you to mature and step away from the imaginary shit.

Ah, and there is where you fall into a pit of hatred, stubbornness, and misunderstanding. If you can only lash out at others with different cultures, opinions, and beliefs to belittle them, then it is you we should pity, not the other way around.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Ah, and there is where you fall into a pit of hatred, stubbornness, and misunderstanding. If you can only lash out at others with different cultures, opinions, and beliefs to belittle them, then it is you we should pity, not the other way around.

Bruh, you are judging me just as I am judging you, so don't pretend that you are somehow better than me. Also, I'm pretty sure that your precious bible tells you that judging others is a sin. Perhaps it is I who should pity YOU...
"
Kamchatka wrote:
Again, start in Matthew, plenty of stuff their to disprove the faith alone doctrine. Romans was not written in isolation, it fits with the rest of the Bible.

*on a historical note, reading Romans in isolation is partly what led Martin Luther to create the faith alone doctrine.

I've noticed you like to do this passive aggressive method of telling me to read the Bible, yet you quote nothing yourself from the scriptures.

Perhaps you want to look into Matthews 25:31-46 which could easily be confused for good works being required for salvation. Here's a nice study on that specific section: https://faithalone.org/magazine/y1988/88march1.html.

Kleronomia: it is given to all believers of Christ. Look it up. :-) It's eternal. From the first translation of the Bible (Greek).

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us" - Galatians 3:10-13
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
Bruh, you are judging me just as I am judging you, so don't pretend that you are somehow better than me. Also, I'm pretty sure that your precious bible tells you that judging others is a sin. Perhaps it is I who should pity YOU...

We are both sinners, you are correct. The Bible also specifically tells us to judge what is evil, what is sinful. So while your words fit that judgement, your soul I cannot judge. That judgement is for God alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info