The Son of God:

That which you forgive in others, you permit in yourself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Because of people like you who "advertise" their god and annoy others with it, the world is sh.t! Let people believe in whatever they want to, as far as they behave good and do good to the world!
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Patently false.
E.g., Holocaust survivor Eva Kor.

Just bc something is pithy doesnt make it worth saying, doesnt make it true.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
HAIL SATAN!
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Patently false.

Sorry to trigger, but my logic is sound. If someone can commit some sin and you wipe it clean, then unless you apply different standards to yourself than you do to others, you should expect that you can commit some sin and others will wipe it clean.

I mean, I guess more accurately it would be: "That which we forgive in others we permit in ourselves." The idea of a single collective standard should be implied.

Also not sorry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Patently false.

Sorry to trigger, but my logic is sound. If someone can commit some sin and you wipe it clean, then unless you apply different standards to yourself than you do to others, you should expect that you can commit some sin and others will wipe it clean.

I mean, I guess more accurately it would be: "That which we forgive in others we permit in ourselves." The idea of a single collective standard should be implied.

Also not sorry.

Um, speak for yourself.

Edit: Also, way to disregard Eva Kor. Doubt you googled her, bc then you might have learned something.
Last edited by bwam on Nov 4, 2017, 2:31:30 AM
Let me address your "logic," too:
You seem to be conflating forgiveness with permitting something.

Just because you forgive someone for doing something wrong against you doesn't mean you permit people to do it.

Common sense.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

This could only apply if there is no Act of Contrition. For Christians, if you are not sorry, and you fully intend to repeat the sin, then there is no absolution.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Nov 4, 2017, 6:52:35 AM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This could only apply if there is no Act of Contrition. For Christians, if you are not sorry, and you fully intend to repeat the sin, then there is no absolution.
Contrition enforced by the community is incomplete forgiveness. Contrition not enforced by the community is permission.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Contrition enforced by the community is incomplete forgiveness. Contrition not enforced by the community is permission.

Contrition should be voluntary so I will respond to that. Yes a person has permission to admit they did something wrong and commit to not doing that same wrong again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info