YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

"
eebertay wrote:
I WAS THERE WHEN D3 LAUNCHED THEIR AUCTION HOUSE

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Yes trading in poe is aggravating at times but that is ok because once in a while you get those sweet bro deals and also can rip off noobs

An auction house will solve 1 problem while creating a zillion more

Dont do it

So your main arguement is based on a complately different game ran by another company , lel .
Last edited by BestMageKR on Apr 9, 2017, 7:31:21 PM
Bots/illegal macros and RMT ruin games.

I fail to see how an instant buy out trading system is such a bad thing other than the occasions when people underpriced their items by mistake.
Last edited by GoatimusX on Apr 9, 2017, 7:45:51 PM
I was there when people who didn't even play video games flocked to D3 to use it as a vehicle to pay their rent while Blizzard took a cut on every transaction. Normal people just wanting to play the game had to sit back, take it and get spammed C O N S T A N T L Y. And I like many other people, after putting countless hours into the Beta, walked away from it until they removed the AH as a result. And it wasn't until they removed the AH that they got rid of all those posers looking at it as a profit system instead of a game. It wasn't until they removed the AH that they got rid of the constant, non-stop spam infesting any and every communication channel in the game.

Loot based games with a grind don't need trading. Trading puts value on the items that help people skip the grind. Putting value on items that let you bypass the most time consuming parts of a game opens the door for spammers, exploiters and RMTers to run wild because where ever there is value and the option to trade, there will be people who would rather pay than play, and no game needs those people. It enables those people to crowd-source their gaming experience instead of actually playing, allowing prima donna's to mascaraed as real gamers. Having an AH in a loot based grinder, as D3 proved, sanctions all of the above and disenfranchises the real fans of the game from playing anymore.
"
eebertay wrote:

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Yes trading in poe is aggravating at times but that is ok because once in a while you get those sweet bro deals and also can rip off noobs

Dont do it

Don't do it GGG, I was there too just like this guy. item inflation into the vast abosrbant realms of retardation, bugs and more bugs and much more. don't do it boys just don't, you will regret this decision trust us GGG
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
eebertay wrote:

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Dont do it

Hasn't GGG already stated they have no interest in an auction house ? Why you flipping out ?

Chris Wilson also vehemently argued that desync was impossible to fix and that lockstep was conclusively not compatible with PoE's genre, despite the fact that many of us knew he was either highly ignorant (which I seriously doubt) or that he was bullshitting us just to cover up for their shoddy ass netcode.
"
eebertay wrote:

I SEEN IT!!!

THE HORRORS!!!

BRO IS FOR REAL!

Dont do it

I just laugh at people who think AH was the main problem with D3 at launch. Also I should say this:

"You morons were crying for drop rates and blaming AH for it but you didn't see D2 drop rates."
Adding some sort of more convenient in-game AH would make current 5-10c items worth 1c, essentially rendering market dead in permanent leagues and rendering market dead in temporary leagues after 2-3 weeks since start.
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
You have so little faith in GGG that you think they can't make a better AH than D3s ah.

When will people finally stop using D3 as an argument against an AH and use actual arguments.

I enjoyed WoW's auction house. Imo it was a great part of the game. I don't see why a an AH in PoE wouldn't work if they implement it in a well thought out way.

Until then, I'll just play SSF. I refuse to do stone-age trading.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Apr 10, 2017, 8:04:21 AM
Oh no, letting the entire playerbase have access to trading within the game will ruin prices for the few that use it now? As somebody who feels locked out of trade entirely, I should care about the prices... because? Right now, no items have any value at all to me. If I could trade in-game, without being online for a direct sale, all that loot I find suddenly might have value. I'd say that's a considerable jump in price (near infinity, depending on your math) so I'm looking at it from that perspective.

* Tons of buyers will enter the market. An influx of the people who won't deal with a 3rd party website or who aren't online when most sellers with items they want are online. Finally, they'll be able to participate in one of the core pillars of this game's foundation design strategies. (this is a good thing, if the game is really balanced around trading.) Many players out there need better gear, but can't find ideal upgrades from their own drops.

* Tons of sellers will enter the market, finally able to interact with buyers when they're not in-game. Good gear that normally gets vendored is now available. There will likely be cheaper prices, because it's easier to sell, and more items will be available. Without the need to hunt down these sellers, transactions will happen faster, and we can all get back to playing the game, instead of playing the market. (This is a good thing.)

Normal looting will become more of a decision than now (more interesting), because more people will be selling and buying more stuff, and it won't be so much a question of "Is it worth my time to try to sell this for a high price?", and more a question of "Is this a usable item that will sell quick at a cheap price?" If the system is easy enough to use, more items will appear on the market, trades will happen faster, and more people will have a chance to participate in trade. (This is a good thing.)

If prices for 5-10 chaos items will fall to 1 chaos, maybe, just maybe, they're really only worth 1 chaos, and the only reason you get a higher price, is because you have no real competition!

The only semi-valid complaint I see here, is that high-end items will become more expensive, and since items will be selling cheaper, you'll have to sell more stuff to save for the really good stuff. To a person who isn't involved in trade at all right now, those prices are currently infinite to me, so they're coming down in price significantly.

I guess it all comes down to perspective. Current traders don't want their small community inundated with competition that will drive down most prices. Current non-traders (who aren't locked into a SSF challenge mindset) want access to buying and selling stuff, so there are no "prices" to inflate/deflate from their current state of no-value and infinite price that we currently see.

Last edited by Zaludoz on Apr 10, 2017, 8:58:02 AM
GGG should have implemented some form of asynchronous trade by PoE 1.0.0 so we can all pay B/O price as desired and stop the "seller hunt" bs madness. WTF the seller is AFK... ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!

GGG could have implemented (and still should) a way to allow us to go into the sellers hideout by getting a code from the 3rd party trade site (each item listed will have a unique code number just like all products have a bar code) and then use that code while in game (a trade symbol on the waypoint map would pop up a small window to paste the code into) to teleport to the seller's hideout. Once we are in the seller's hideout accessing the stash would only bring up the item for sale in the top of the trade window and the B/O price. We place the currency in the bottom window and press the trade button to get the item and the seller gets a new "remove only" stash tab with the currency. We're done and portal back to where we came from and can immediately use the item. No hunting down the seller whispering (oh the damn whispers... they drive me mad!) and we're back to playing PoE. No fuss, no muss, and not a global AH that many/most say is a game economy wrecker (D3 had a bazillion botters flooding their AH with bot farmed gear, it's no wonder it failed). If GGG can code PoE to eliminate/minimize bot farming of gear then asynchronous trade will work.

It will take a sufficient amount of time to go to a 3rd party trade site, find an item to buy, get the code number, go back to PoE, paste the code in to teleport to the seller's hideout, go to the hideout stash, conduct the trade, and then leave the hideout with the item so that quick flipping of items is not possible as with a global AH.

Beneficial side effect of asynchronous trade is we get to see many hideouts relatively easily and thus this would/should increase sales of hideout mtx as players would want to fix up the place. Why GGG hasn't coded this long ago is a mystery.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 8, 2017, 7:38:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info