Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

GGG doesnt care ,they are like "WE ARE GIVING CONTROL TO THE PLAYERS"
but they dont seem to realise a part of players are doing economy manipulation either for fun or for RMT.

When you try to search for an item over at poe.trade directed at certain price, map for up to 3chaos it can show you 1 full page of fake posts from ONE player, directly stopping you from searching at that price range.

Poe.trade is abuse incarnate and this has to stop.
I can name like 20 ways to abuse poe.trade, its ridiculously open to exploit.

Im noticing so many less players playing this game in the past few weeks becouse of this economy BS ,and my friend list went from 50 to a few online in a matter of days.

It seems trading caught up to GGG in a bad moment.
Last edited by A13xand37r on Apr 14, 2017, 2:59:28 PM
"
EVE_Alicious wrote:
so much stupid and butt hurt. its not illegal to sell game items at lower prices,cause if someone really wanted to sell something fast.they would get banned,violating their rights. i doubt any noobs sell their items for cheap,since they dont even use poe trade.

Speaking of stupid...

Try and keep up. Price fixers arent selling cheap. They list items they have no intention of selling at all, let alone at the listed price.
They need a report button next to sellers. If x unique IP addresses report a seller within say, 3 hours it takes the item down and that seller can't post any items for a period of 3 days.

I bet this shit would stop in a week.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
They need a report button next to sellers. If x unique IP addresses report a seller within say, 3 hours it takes the item down and that seller can't post any items for a period of 3 days.

Agreed
Something really needs to be done. I dont understand why Poe.trade cannot be built into POE's core game, with systems in place to stop price fixing and offline issues. I get so tired of people saying no AH when Poe.trade is literally the same thing except far more abusable and 3rd party to boot. Not only that, people have their own indexers, usually the price fixers, to be able to see items way before other people, leading to more abuse and more incentive to price fix if you have said indexers.

I mean I would understand people's arguments IF Poe.Trade didnt exist. The fact it exists, and the game literally runs on it(just take a look when it goes down for a minute; the entire game grinds to a halt), completely invalidates people saying no to a built-in, less abuseable feature. The amount of trade abuse has really went overboard, and GGG needs to do something about it. Not only that, is honestly a shame that Poe.trade, a 3rd party site, is that important to Path of Exile. Its a damn shame, tbh. They could bake Poe.trade right into the game in unique ways with masters/etc and at the same time cut out a ton of the worst parts of 3rd party trading shenanigans. I know people keep talking about D3 AH, but thats a completely different thing than what people actually think of when talking about an AH. What people generally think of, is WoW's model, where 99% of the items are sold by buyouts, just like MOST items on PoE.trade. Except there arent any price fixers unless they can afford to buy every single item listed. That at least requires work compared to just listing an item 20 times a price you never plan to sell at. And hey, with it built into the game, GGG has full control on punishing people.
"

That would work indeed to put a stop to all this theres just one problem...

poe.trade has NOTHING to do with GGG other than giving us a place to post our items on there through our tabs via the API. We cant report actions made on poe.trade to GGG because there's no affiliation and poe.trade has no power over players accounts so what your left with is a catch 22. If GGG however incorporated the same trade features poe.trade offers the player base in game then yes this would work fine but that's simply not the case unfortunately.

And for GGG to make this feature in game for us where they have control over everything would cost them alot of time and money and since its already handled for them by the poe.trade guys theres little reason for them to do this either. Or atleast i dont see them doing it. Would be great if they did but i just dont see it happening. Maybe im wrong and they will incorporate a similar trade system in game for us to replace poe.trade at some point.. Hell i hope im wrong in that case.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 14, 2017, 7:48:11 PM
"

They need an insta-buyout system in PoE, that's all. GGG wants to punish players with abusable trading system that steals player's time, and what for? Game should be made for players, GGG "reasons" about their trading system is silly, just as their balance in the game, and claims that life builds are good.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
This is why GGG needs to add something like POE.trade into the game themselves. I dont know why they dont care about how trading is done at all if trading is one of their most beloved features.
"

Oh great ideea. I want to sell a Kaom Heart with 10 exa and market value is 2-3 exa, just report all with lower prices and boom, you are the ceapest on market...
You will say not just one report, you need 10 reports.. Want to know how chinese players can coordonate multiple reports?
So any more cleaver ideas ?
A Marketplace (it's honestly not an Auction House, it should be called a Marketplace) is something this game NEEDS. It would fix price fixers and abusers literally in the 30 minutes following the update when all their cheaply listed items are bought and they're left with nothing.

Yea, most uniques would cost between 1 alt ~ 3 chaos, but now it is same, just with more hassle because nearly noone wants to quit their map to sell something for 1 alch.
^^^ is a problem, I try buying maps for my atlas, waste 40 minutes and I have 3-5 maps bought, because they're afk or can't be arsed or just plain ignore you. I need to find the AH topic for rest of the posst >.<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info