Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

"
Bioness wrote:
"
vio wrote:
omg i have to scroll down on poe.trade a bit to see the real prices, such damage to the economeh!

wait, newbs who fall for the trick and offer too cheap still appear on top and i miss their offer if i scroll down`?

what now?

well, i can't see an disadvantage.

except for newbies who still have to figure out it's not mandatory to sell for the advertised price. which results in them offering their precious ilevel 50 gear for 1 alch instead one chaos. again, such loss because ggg can't protect them!!

What about this being ILLEGAL in the real world do you not understand?

It's a game. Chill out. Killing various things to get a drop is also illegal in real world....
"
Bioness wrote:
"
vio wrote:
omg i have to scroll down on poe.trade a bit to see the real prices, such damage to the economeh!

wait, newbs who fall for the trick and offer too cheap still appear on top and i miss their offer if i scroll down`?

what now?

except for newbies who still have to figure out it's not mandatory to sell for the advertised price. which results in them offering their precious ilevel 50 gear for 1 alch instead one chaos. again, such loss because ggg can't protect them!!

This is a terrible argument. We are talking about a video game... the real world is irrelevant.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
Lunartuna wrote:
"
Bioness wrote:
"
vio wrote:

what now?

This is a terrible argument. We are talking about a video game... the real world is irrelevant.

Not when it relates to economical concerns in a game. You should look to the reasons why it is such a bad thing outside of a game to see why it should be prevented in a game as well.

People who dismiss concerns as "it is just a game", are the reason stuff like this doesn't get fixed or worse are the ones abusing it and not seeing it as wrong.
Last edited by Bioness on Apr 10, 2017, 12:55:22 PM
"
Bioness wrote:

although i also don't think it's relevant, some counter examples:

the staff in shops in the area i live is unfriendly to a point they don't want to sell you goods. partly because payment is that bad, partly because they seem to hate people. but i think especially bad payment let's them give a dang about their jobs because the difference to unemployment benefits is just some euro. some even work while being entitled to get social welfare.
those people don't care if you buy stuff or not. is it illegal?
i would even agree to a certain point with you in that case.

but another example: do you know share markets? there is a practise called "short selling" where you sell stuff you don't even posess. it's like offering some thousand non existing shavronnes wrappings on the market to lower prices and have a "buy option" at some point where you really buy the chests and pay those who you virtually borrowed these items from.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 10, 2017, 6:16:36 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
Bioness wrote:

although i also don't think it's relevant, some counter examples:

the staff in shops in the area i live is unfriendly to a point they don't want to sell you goods. partly because payment is that bad, partly because they seem to hate people. but i think especially bad payment let's them give a dang about their jobs because the difference to unemployment benefits is just some euro. some even work while being entitled to get social welfare.
those people don't care if you buy stuff or not. is it illegal?
i would even agree to a certain point with you in that case.

but another example: do you know share markets? there is a practise called "short selling" where you sell stuff you don't even posess. it's like offering some thousand non existing shavronnes wrappings on the market to lower prices and have a "buy option" at some point where you really buy the chests and pay those who you virtually borrowed these items from.

Yes and there is also overbooking that is done by airlines. For many popular airlines and travel routes they actually sell more tickets than they have seats for with the expectation that enough people will cancel for it to not matter. The small amount of times they are overfilled and have to reschedule people is negated in cost by the amount of extra tickets they sell. Also legal.

I'm aware of the many ways people or groups make profit over others in arguably unethical (trigger word) ways. This however does that mean nothing should be regulated just because there are ways around it.

Trading in a video game should not be this frustrating or abusable is the end argument here.
"
Enzari wrote:
GGG will never do anything about this, they have been adamantly clear that the economy is purely player controlled and they will never step in to deliberately change it

Except when they tweak drop rates.
Second-class poe gamer
Now the new trick is :

Create a character.
Put low price item for selling in premium stash tab.
Disconnect.
Erase character.

I read poe.trade and send a pm to buy and it's said : The specified character does not exist.

CLAP CLAP CLAP !
Last edited by Rhilnix on Apr 11, 2017, 2:26:48 PM
From the way I see it OP, fake pricing/price manipulation with the intention to profit and item flipping has been on going for a very long time in poe trade as well as in diablo 3 's AH era.

D3 did a bold move by removing the AH and making all items bound on account which instantly killed all forms of trading, but at the same time, solved all those complaints made by players being scammed. Players are rewarded with the time they spend on grinding and RNG unfairness is minimized in the long run.

Thus, people grind to win rather than "RNG to win".

Perhaps GGG could think of following D3's footsteps in rewarding dedicated players so that the "grinding" element of their game becomes relevant?

.....................................................................................................

I think the only way to fix this mess and allow players to get the loot that they really want is to introduce another new NPC to sell those items such as Gheed in diablo 3.

Think about it, if another NPC sells an unidentified randomized item leveled items such as an ancient reliquary keys at a fixed price , would there be any scams and would there be any waiting time for you to receive the item?

The same thing could be done to currency. If there is an NPC to sell currencies at a fixed price, scamming or price manipulation would be totally eliminated and players do not have to worry constantly about inflation/deflation.

In other words, no price monopoly/manipulation and players can play in a cheating-free environment.

Imagine if you could just buyout without any player interaction (and filter out items with no BO set). This kind of scamming would be much harder to do.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Apr 12, 2017, 3:12:57 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
"
Enzari wrote:
GGG will never do anything about this, they have been adamantly clear that the economy is purely player controlled and they will never step in to deliberately change it

Except when they tweak drop rates.

Or when they first introduced the Eternal and broke the crafted market ? I remember it well . Eternal dropped to 3 -3.5. Ex each and lower crafted items lost their value bar few almost perfect ones .... people had over 40 of them (me included) and the prices were dropping so we sold them all as fast as we could then they cancelled them and they became 30 ex so some people lost all others became insanely reach.
And when they introduced chance orbs and broke the Uniq markets ? Or when they turned the premium stash into an AH and broke item value every where ? Now they introduced the Key destroying the Legacy items . When this Legacy mass hits the Standard many Legacy collectors will lose over 50% of their items value over night. And it was promised to be Beta player exclusives our "thank you" i guess for being there when people where hyping D3 and shit .... valued relics from times before the launch when people helped POE rise. Well they LIED .
Now its just mehhhh shit that drops from a Chest ......

Nah GGG never messes with the economy ........
IGN : xXxNocturnexXx
Last edited by Ecofatalis on Apr 12, 2017, 4:40:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info