Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

"
Enzari wrote:
GGG will never do anything about this, they have been adamantly clear that the economy is purely player controlled and they will never step in to deliberately change it

GGG made direct changes to master crafting because it was affecting the economy, and eternal orbs were removed directly as a result of the economy. Why they won't just give up this quest for a player run barter economy is beyond me. There's a reason why most human civilizations gave up on barter economies well over a thousand years ago.
What would happen if the majority of players flooded the market with fake listings. It would render poe.trade useless (well, more than it is now anyway). I wonder what GGG would do under those circumstances, if anything? An interesting thought experiment. It will never happen though, for the same reason that real-world protests achieve nothing.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
"
systemdown wrote:
What would happen if the majority of players flooded the market with fake listings. It would render poe.trade useless (well, more than it is now anyway). I wonder what GGG would do under those circumstances, if anything? An interesting thought experiment. It will never happen though, for the same reason that real-world protests achieve nothing.

It's becoming more and more common place now to list fake buyouts to lower prices. It used to not be that big of a deal, but because of the lack of regulation you have people just going wild with it at this point, and it's really only going to get worse from this point forward.
I'm a very casual player and the recent increase in fake listings is annoying to the point I was very hesitant to buy the supporter packs this time around. The fake listings, no replies, not online etc. ends up taking a lot of time, so that when you are chasing specific popular items, you spend more time in trade than actually playing the game which becomes frustrating when you only have a few hours to play every week.

I am sure I am not the only one, so maybe if GGG can see they are losing money they might do something about it.
POE Trade Macro: gives a list of lowest item prices and time that they've been listed... also it gives average price and median price.

It's a good indicator but also use /dev/brain to price the item.

POE Trades Helper: gives you nice queue of people whpsering to you to buy an item. If you get like 4-5 whispers within 3-4 minutes after listing (with premium stash tabs) you know, you priced the item too low. Adjust the price accordingly.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
emulatin wrote:
waiting for the price fix mafia to take over this thread and make everyone believe that poe.trade is faultless

The system is fine. The players are the problem.

No. An automated system would prevent price-fixing. It might have other problems but this one would be fixed.
But even if that were the case, enforce something. This is why there are rules in real-world financial systems. You can't let people do whatever they want just because "the system is fine, people are the problem". If people are the problem, force them to behave.

"
Enzari wrote:
GGG will never do anything about this, they have been adamantly clear that the economy is purely player controlled and they will never step in to deliberately change it

An automated AH would still allow a player-controlled economy but would solve the price-fixing problem. An automated AH does not mean that GGG would be controlling the economy. It would be basically the same we have now but without the price-fixing and having to interrupt maps for trades and without having to message 10 people to get the item you want.
Last edited by Zodr on Apr 10, 2017, 10:23:56 AM
This is the system GGG has created, being a 'hardcore' game.

Building in a system that works with a 3rd party ad revenue website because they are too busy or lazy to build their own system.

My #1 and #2 complaint is/always will be with POE is the trading system is lazy and sloppy full of BS and the PvP is a joke and wont ever be relevant (D2 pvp was fun)

That said premium tabs and poe.trade combined have made trading experience bearable.

The system encourages people to abuse inexperienced players/traders not much you can do about it.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Apr 10, 2017, 10:34:20 AM
I always list my stuff for the current average price.
That way it really doesn't matter what someone is "pricefixing".
Would it be incredibly difficult for GGG to make a new Master that basicly allows you to list your items in the Masters "shop inventory". This same shop inventory could be viewed via poetrade. The point is people would be able to enter your hideout and simply buy the stuff at the price you put it up for.
Would that not eliminate all of the price fixing shennanigans?

I think i heard someone say somewhere that GGG wants the players to manage the economy, but even in a very open economy there's still people that oversee transactions and regulates stuff, to ensure fair trade and no unlawfull stuff. Ya can't just let people handle it all by themselves, we'll ruin it. We're already ruining it!

Last edited by Tides5 on Apr 10, 2017, 11:03:18 AM
"
vio wrote:
omg i have to scroll down on poe.trade a bit to see the real prices, such damage to the economeh!

wait, newbs who fall for the trick and offer too cheap still appear on top and i miss their offer if i scroll down`?

what now?

well, i can't see an disadvantage.

except for newbies who still have to figure out it's not mandatory to sell for the advertised price. which results in them offering their precious ilevel 50 gear for 1 alch instead one chaos. again, such loss because ggg can't protect them!!

What about this being ILLEGAL in the real world do you not understand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info