Fake pricing epidemy on POE.trade to abuse sellers on purpose

Oh and another thing with the so called AH or in game marketplace. GGG likes, no no, LOVES to change various items over time. So I put the X item on market for 10C, over night GGG anounces new patch notes, the X item now is legacy and price jumps to 10 exa. When I wake up i see the notes, I try to take my item out but it is already sold to the same market manipulators. Wow great deal.
I don't think GGG would be so stupid to not auto-take-out items that will be changed in patch, no?
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This has gone on long enough... can someone edit the subject to read "epidemic"?

Irrelevant posts as usual and as always.

Nothing wrong with OP's subject title and you seriously need to have your eyes checked since you claim to be old.

And bitter too.

Good Lord he was being funny, get over yourself.

I wish you could ignore someone in these forums like in Chat.

Nope, he wasn't.

Yep a ignore function would be great
Welcome back, YT86... probation teach you anything?
"
Piftiuta wrote:
Oh and another thing with the so called AH or in game marketplace. GGG likes, no no, LOVES to change various items over time. So I put the X item on market for 10C, over night GGG anounces new patch notes, the X item now is legacy and price jumps to 10 exa. When I wake up i see the notes, I try to take my item out but it is already sold to the same market manipulators. Wow great deal.

But that can be dealt with, actually. GGG can announce major patches, and the day patch notes will come. You can remove all you items from sale a day before patchnotes come live, so you wont lose anything. And to be honest, things like this happens very rarely - GGG intentionally dont change items during league (=3 months), and even if they do, what are odds that it will be exactly that item you're selling? You're highly overrating that issue, it's nothing compared to price fixing and AFK sellers shit.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
This has been a problem for awhile now.

Simple fix: buy on demand. They'd have to change coding a bit but I'd rather buy directly on demand than dealing with price-fixing.

Edit: second thought, the price fixers would just accumulate everything. I don't know, the current system isn't ideal though, needs to be looked at. I'm sure they have enough on staff to come up with some possible solutions but do they want to is the question.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Apr 17, 2017, 8:53:27 AM
"
Rippster wrote:

Simple fix: buy on demand. They'd have to change coding a bit but I'd rather buy directly on demand than dealing with price-fixing.

Edit: second thought, the price fixers would just accumulate everything. I don't know, the current system isn't ideal though, needs to be looked at. I'm sure they have enough on staff to come up with some possible solutions but do they want to is the question.

Yep... called sniping! AND it can be automated for extra convenience!
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 17, 2017, 9:30:19 AM
"
Rippster wrote:

I'm pretty sure the extra friction for trading is intended, so maybe a suggestion that maintains the same level of frustration or risk but spreads it to both parties would be more appropriate. Maybe something that allows you to try to steal my item if I don't accept my buyout.
"
Rippster wrote:

Price fixers would not be able to accumulate everything. The whole system of accumulation is based on cheap fake sell offers, which won't sell, but force new genuine offers to be listed at lower price to compete with fake ones, so they can be bought by fixer to accumulate.

So, buy on demand would make it impossible to keep artificial low price by fixer.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Rippster wrote:

Yep... called sniping! AND it can be automated for extra convenience!
Only if you allow it. Simple solution is one buy every 10 min or some other time frame. Puts a serious damper on sniping. Or even one item search per min per IP. Or captcha required per search. The sniper programs in D3 had no limits and yeah was a mess. You coulnt get deals after those snip bots appeared. These are not hard problems to solve.

OFC first requirement would be GGG taking their AH back from public API. My guess is they are going SSF soon though so cant be bothered. Everything is point that way. Good drop rates, SSF leagues, xbox. etc
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 18, 2017, 4:13:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info