Not supported anymore

"
7itachi7 wrote:

Hello,
Made the switch to RF, this is my starter gear, I have a doryani and atziri ready for 75, you talked about casting flammability manually, I did not notice optimal gem setups changed in the guide.
Is this gear enough to drop vitality? Do not have whispers of doom yet either, around what lvl do you think it is safe to drop vitality and go dual curse setup?

Also, is there a reason to take shadow starting point in ascendancy?
You have that in all your trees, was curious.

You can kinda call it being secure already with level 65 when you have your RotP shield equipped.
I would say keep Vitality for the Time you are building up your map pool and when you start playing ~T8 maps switch to dual cursing just for the additional damage output to keep the farmfest going.

Yes, the reason is that it has been changed with 3.0 and you do receive now 2 additional skillpoints just by allocating the startpoint of another class.
Lonewolf
Thanks for this outstanding guide. I'm level 85 and have been plowing my way through maps. T10 is a breeze so far.

My question is about the "new" curse setup. I don't understand how a "better" cyclone improves damage, especially at the expense of the decent life regen from Vitality. Also, we have enough gem slots to keep vitality even with the new setup (swap out Portal), so is there some reason not to use it that I'm not seeing?

Again, awesome guide, I'm loving the build. Just a bit confused on the mechanics!
thanks for the build been enjoying this and this is my first character that has actually reached mapping, (reaching the point was arduous though , so much deaths !!), that said im still to optimse my gear, if anyone can suggest me some improvements that would be nice

Spoiler
"
Harrath wrote:
My question is about the "new" curse setup. I don't understand how a "better" cyclone improves damage, especially at the expense of the decent life regen from Vitality. Also, we have enough gem slots to keep vitality even with the new setup (swap out Portal), so is there some reason not to use it that I'm not seeing?

It is because normally we did not even use Whisper of Doom at the Pssivtree to have 2 curses working at the same time.
The prior setup was witchfire brew for AoE Lev 21 Vitality curse and Curse on Hit + Flammability for single target / close range, those did overwrite each other. Now with having dual curse active we also wanna have big areas covered and not only single mobs like it has been with curse on hit + cyclone.
For that reason we are using Blasphemy in combination with Flammability. Blasphemy does convert Curses into Auras which do reserve 35% each. And that is also the reason why we are not able to use Vitality anymore because it would be 35x3 and in order to run those you would have to enable the sovereignty cluster at the top left with reduced reserved mana.

All in all it is a really nice Damage boost to have it and I would recommend to use it inbetween T8-15 Maps. Although if you get the feeling you might be a bit squishy, using the old setup with Vitality is absolutely fine, I did so for 2 whole leagues :-)

"
h3llw4rd3n wrote:
thanks for the build been enjoying this and this is my first character that has actually reached mapping, (reaching the point was arduous though , so much deaths !!), that said im still to optimse my gear, if anyone can suggest me some improvements that would be nice

Hi there, glad you are enjoying it, till I wrote already a little wall of text I will get right into it ;-)

Gloves + Belt are ok
Helmet is a beauty - craft basic armor on it with master crafting
1st Ring is without Res and has Energy Shield on it.
2nd Ring Has no Life at all.
Amu is at the lower side with 57 Life would be still ok, but with % inc Energy Shield on it it isn´t anymore.

For the Jewelery you should find quite easy and cheap better replacements which will provide a decent improvement.

Have fun and good luck!
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 16, 2017, 11:20:32 AM
"
you can replace at level 28 Shieldcharge with Cyclone and use
Ashcaller (Level 18 Weapon)

is it usable with a wand?
"
"

Just tried it, was absolutely sure it was but apperently it is not. Removed it, thank you!
Lonewolf
"
Twinks wrote:
"
"

Just tried it, was absolutely sure it was but apperently it is not. Removed it, thank you!

ok I thought it was only me who did not have it usable xD
Really leveled smooth with the build.started using RF around lvl 20. it is fairly doable literally facerolled from late act 2 to kitava.

items i used were as follows:

must haves are bolded.

Kikazaru x2 - 1 life regen per level. nice.

Aurumvorax - 150 total resist is good. really good stuff.

Springleaf - 3% life regen. cant beat that.

Coral Amulet - just get one from vendor. just need the base regen. mod regen is a bonus.

SATURATED life flask - you need the saturated one. 50% increased Amount Recovered
33% reduced Recovery Speed saves you a lot.

INSTANT/50% instant life flask - panic button.

Another life flask - of your choosing, for extra safety.

luxury :

Cloak of flame - fire resist. nice.

Shaper's seed - another life regen.

Basically, get as much life regen and fire resistance in your tree as early as possible, juggle with the 3 life flask if needed. IMO the only needed to keep up was the saturated life flask and off you go. really easy faceroll.

eventually you will get the GOLEM, by that time you wont be really needing to keep an eye on your life. just life flask from here and there.

PS. dont put this down without trying it. really works for me.

Thank you for that, added parts to the leveling section <3
Lonewolf
"
AVtime1 wrote:
Really leveled smooth with the build.started using RF around lvl 20. it is fairly doable literally facerolled from late act 2 to kitava.

items i used were as follows:

must haves are bolded.

Kikazaru x2 - 1 life regen per level. nice.

Aurumvorax - 150 total resist is good. really good stuff.

Springleaf - 3% life regen. cant beat that.

Coral Amulet - just get one from vendor. just need the base regen. mod regen is a bonus.

SATURATED life flask - you need the saturated one. 50% increased Amount Recovered
33% reduced Recovery Speed saves you a lot.

INSTANT/50% instant life flask - panic button.

Another life flask - of your choosing, for extra safety.

luxury :

Cloak of flame - fire resist. nice.

Shaper's seed - another life regen.

Basically, get as much life regen and fire resistance in your tree as early as possible, juggle with the 3 life flask if needed. IMO the only needed to keep up was the saturated life flask and off you go. really easy faceroll.

eventually you will get the GOLEM, by that time you wont be really needing to keep an eye on your life. just life flask from here and there.

PS. dont put this down without trying it. really works for me.

exaclty what I was waiting for ... too bad I don't have currency xD right now
thanks a bunch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info