Not supported anymore

"
Twinks wrote:
Added a new Video at the video section (who would have guessed ^^)

T13 3.0 Dual Curse Fully stacked Atoll run: Klick
I thought I will load up a new Video with the Dual Curse setup which we are running in 3.0
I Intentionally rolled a map where monsters are buffed and which does not only consist out of skeletons or seawitches as you often see.
Degeneration came from Vulnerability.
Movementspeed "perma" 120%.

1) Could you explain what you do with flask activations? Both during your runs for map clearing, and for boss (if it's any different)?

2) Also, I've just hit 87 today, and can't decide on whether to do Holy Fire (more damage), or Whispers of Doom (the 2nd curse), first. Which do you think is more important? I'm easily clearing through T10 maps. Haven't tried to do any of the red maps as I'm working towards 100% of the others, and I need to read up on how to sculpt and approach the red tier setup...
Hello,

I am new player for the RF, may i ask if the increase duration on blade vortex necessary? because i am thinking whether i can switch it into arctic armour, as i am wearing the kaom's heart, not enough socket for me. Thank you !!
EL PSY CONGROO
One of the problems with Arctic Armour is that you only get the benefit when you're standing still. You're not going to want to stand still as we have other benefits (better) from moving through packs.

With that being said, if you had to, I could see dropping the increased duration. The primary use of Blade Cyclone is to supply the hit that allows for Elemental Equilibrium to kick in and debuff fire resistance by 50%. You'll be shortening the time the debuff is in effect; but, it's primary use is on bosses where you can continuously cyclone anyway.

Arctic Armour really isn't a good option for this build...
Last edited by joNDel_x on Aug 17, 2017, 11:21:20 PM
"
joNDel_x wrote:

1) Could you explain what you do with flask activations? Both during your runs for map clearing, and for boss (if it's any different)?

2) Also, I've just hit 87 today, and can't decide on whether to do Holy Fire (more damage), or Whispers of Doom (the 2nd curse), first. Which do you think is more important? I'm easily clearing through T10 maps. Haven't tried to do any of the red maps as I'm working towards 100% of the others, and I need to read up on how to sculpt and approach the red tier setup...

For Trashruns the only recommended thing to do is keeping the Quicksilver + Rotgut + Witchfire active.
You are generating Frenzy charges and Flask charges in such a high rate that you can literally spam click them, but that is obviously not needed.
It looks a little bit different from what I am actually doing, because I got used to just press the row
1-5 so I am using Rumi + Ruby often unneeded too.

At Bosses it is always kinda the same for me, most of them do have a trashpack around or spawn some trash, so when I go in I activate Rumi + witchfire + Ruby run through the pack if it is already there to get my charges back and go with active and full flasks towards the bosses.

If you are used to frequently using your Flasks and you wanna farm/level at maps I would go for the Dual Curse setup as first and take the Fire/Burning Clusters afterwards.

If you wanna unlock everything at the atlas I would go for the Fire/Burning Clusters before just because keeping Vitality during doing so.

"
sg1pt048596 wrote:
Hello,

I am new player for the RF, may i ask if the increase duration on blade vortex necessary? because i am thinking whether i can switch it into arctic armour, as i am wearing the kaom's heart, not enough socket for me. Thank you !!

When Blade Vortex is active and there are monsters around you have permanently full flasks due its 18% Critchance, so having it running for a longer duration does make a lot of sense, especially when you think about that sometimes it is hard for us to receive the 500 damage needed to trigger the CwdT setup for it.

Just wanted to say that if you wanna remove something you can easily run Cyclone + Fortify alone, but you are using Shield Charge and in that case the inc duration would be really the only option to replace it with.

But as jondel already stated, Arctic Armour does not provide that much for us anymore and did become with 3.0 even a bit counter productive, that´s why it is not mentioned anymore since a while at the guide.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 18, 2017, 1:30:32 AM
Hey Twinks,

i love your guide. All in all the build is realy fun to play, but in addition you explained the build that well, that i am absolutely overwhelmed.

But i have 2-3 Questions left.

- I am not a Flaskuser. I'm not into this playstile. So i took a look on the other possibilities to Pathfinder. You suggest to use Inquisitor, which i totally understand, but what about the Necromancer Ascendant? Everything would work fine in that build. Did you tried it?

Spoiler

20% increased Skill Effect Duration
You and your Minions have 4% Physical Damage Reduction
You and Allies deal 30% increased Damage while affected by Auras you Cast
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% Chaos Resistance

- I watched for some helping unique items and you suggested the most of them, but i think i got a honorable mention, if you have enough resistance. The Immortal Flesh belt is a nice one. Overall its a lot life reg and plenty of life.

Spoiler

+(25-40) to maximum Life+(75-100) to maximum Life
(66.7-75) Life Regenerated per second
(8-10) Mana Regenerated per second
-(25-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
-(50-40) Physical Damage taken from Attacks
40% increased Armour while not Ignited, Frozen or Shocked

What do you think about that?

Hats of and respect for your fantastic guide again ;)
Last edited by shaleya on Aug 18, 2017, 6:37:01 AM
Necromancer is fine by itself and anothr player said already that he did choose it over Inquisitor.

Inquisitor is all together still better though, due elemental damage mitigation being more important than physical and having the option for additional 4% life regeneration.
With decent gear your physical mitigation should be already at ~45% base ~60% with Granite/Rumi's and ~75% with Red Dream/Nightmare.
On the other hand side you actually can receive damage at maps with aditional lightning/cold damage.
Obviously the concecrated ground can sometimes cover your whole screen or being not there at all, density is sometimes a .... as we all know. Also at bosses it is situational.

To come to an end, if Necromancer does suit you more it is absolutely fine to run.

Towards the Immortal Flesh, I was already thinking about adding it, but till it is Lev 50 so not much level to really use it and having the negative all Res instead of being a Rare Resistance Source I didn´t, but added it now anyways till it was space left towards the max of 50.000 symbols hehe

Essence Worm variation is in my eyes a no go.
Ring without Life does mean losing 350-500 Life depending at your gear.
If that would be acceptable I would rather run the Pyre Ring.

Run simply the 2.6 version with Vitality + PoF + Empower, and single Curse applied with Curse on hit.
The freed up 4 Skillpoints use for another Jewel slot.

Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 18, 2017, 6:40:23 AM
Thx for the fast reply, i guess you were writing your post before i edited mine with the last section, so i cuted it and place it now here for the better oversight.

- For the lazy ones like me it is also possible to run 2 curse with blasphemy and have purity of fire socked in an "essence worm" ring - you have 98% of your reserved then and your purity of fire lvl 21 gets to the needed 23 for 5% max fire resistance.
Possible curses are:
-flamability
-elemental weakness
-vulnerability(like flask)
-enfeeble(for defence)
-assassin's Mark(as fancy life generator + crit chance enhancer)
-Poacher's Mark(more flask charges and frency charges) - no life cause "when hit"
-warlords mark(endurance charge)

Spoiler

Has 1 Socket+2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
40% increased Mana Reserved
I just converted my SSF Harbinger char to standard Harbinger and tried again to make a low level budget.

That´s what I came up with:

Spoiler

Paid for everything together 11 Chaos 7 Alch + used ~10 fusings ~25 chromes ~15 Jews for crafting.
Helmet had already those colors, Blooddance will be made when I get Vorici at Level 4.

Bought no Jewels so far, because they are more expensive starting at around 5C each.

Char Stats: 6.141 Life, 7364/20178 Armour, Fire 133%, Cold 115%, Lightning 98%, 850 Life Regen,

Invested Time with searching and comparing about 1 1/2h.
Lonewolf
Hi, just wondering why you switched to Blasphemy instead of Curse On Hit? I feel like I need Vitality to run more map mods.
"
dmbarbour wrote:
Hi, just wondering why you switched to Blasphemy instead of Curse On Hit? I feel like I need Vitality to run more map mods.

For faster map clearance, movespeed is with quicksilver + Rotgut perma 120% and spme map mods like +40% ele resist or 50%+ more Life did sometimes slow you down, due the icnreased damage from dual cursing it is way more effective now. So you have a better clearspeed, which means more XP/hour more loot and a more fluent playstyle.
You should not need Vitality up to T15 content when the gear is decent.
For doing Guardians, U Izaro, U Atziri, Shaper you might switch back to it.
And about the map mods, a single negative impact like -40/60 regen or -max res or vulnerability might tick you slowly down at the start, but as soon as the frenzy charges are up everything is perfectly fine.
Running two of them combined is still with frenzy charges and Ruby flask no problem + Splendour works magic.
The only thing which might be a bit tricky and you have to watch out is all 3 of them together.
If you have a low mob density you might have to turn RF a couple of times off, but that´s it.

And as always, it is just a guide, do what you prefer and what makes you feel comfortable :-)
Lonewolf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info