Not supported anymore

So first off I have to say, First time I have done RF and I'm loving it for easy farm. The Shield is running really cheap I got the shield + boots for 4 chaos. The thing I wanted to ask is...is there a reason to take the Shadow start point over the extra skill point after you get pathfinder, since the build doesn't really pick up the elemental damage over by shadow?
"
iiviraal wrote:
So first off I have to say, First time I have done RF and I'm loving it for easy farm. The Shield is running really cheap I got the shield + boots for 4 chaos. The thing I wanted to ask is...is there a reason to take the Shadow start point over the extra skill point after you get pathfinder, since the build doesn't really pick up the elemental damage over by shadow?

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.
Yes , the reason is that with 3.0 there was a change that you get now 2 extra Skillpoints by allocating another class section. I guess you stumbled over the phrasing ingame, you actually don´t have to go for the section to get those 2 points, you get them right away when allocating it and can spend them wherever you want :-)
Lonewolf
hello
i am about to start a new char following your awesome build, but i have several questions, maybe you can help me answer them=

1- you use lightning warp as a movement skill, any particular reason? are you using it a lot?
2- any particular recommendations when going from the 4L to 5L? how did you do to obtain 5Blue on an armor chest? same question when moving from 5L to 6L. did you just use an Huge amount of chromatics?

Thanks a lot
"
konflict1 wrote:
hello
i am about to start a new char following your awesome build, but i have several questions, maybe you can help me answer them=

1- you use lightning warp as a movement skill, any particular reason? are you using it a lot?
2- any particular recommendations when going from the 4L to 5L? how did you do to obtain 5Blue on an armor chest? same question when moving from 5L to 6L. did you just use an Huge amount of chromatics?

Thanks a lot

1. The main reason for it was that I had a Hideout design where parts have been blocked so people could not hijack maps during trading and the only way in and out was with lightning warp. You had to know the exact pixel to click on in order to get to the other side.
And no, I barely ever use it, it is just for really bad maps where you can save a decent amount of time shortcutting. Oh and yeah at the lab it is quite handy too.

2. Atziri's Splendour has one so far not in the guide mentioned side effect.
The Item Requirement is Level 75 and 66 Dex 66 Str 66 Int, due that it does not matter if you have an Evasion, Armour or ES chest, all sockets have a Equal chance for either color.

Still if you wanna have off colors like blue on strength/armour based items there is a way to get them a bit cheaper up to 4 link.
Go to vorici´s workbench, craft just 2 Sockets on the item, now choose "at least 2 Blue Sockets", both are blue now. Now you craft 3 Sockets, the 2 blue ones will stay unchanged blue, if the 3rd additional does not become blue, you craft again back to 2 Sockets as said those 2 do stay blue and now you try again with 3 socket, repeat that till the 3rd socket is blue. When the 3rd is blue you can do the same with 4 sockets.
That way is in almost all cases cheaper except you are getting really unlucky.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 14, 2017, 8:27:06 AM
Loving this build! Just hit 81 and have been lucky with gear, both self found and purchases. In a map I was just running a Unique Amulet dropped:

While I don't really need, the extra regen, now, it would have been very nice when I first swapped over to RF and was struggling a bit. Not sure, but it might make it a lot easier to go RF at level 50 when the amulet is usable. If the amulet only had Life, it might be awesome!

BTW, anyone have suggestions on what I should be looking at next, for upgrades? Currently have the following:

Oh, I mostly wear the following amulet (had the new one on to test):

Thanks again for the great build! Loving the RF playstyle!
Nice to see peoples progress :-)

Gear is good and a 6 linked chest <3

Just with the Amulet I have to disappoint you, Righteous Fire does not hit, so it can´t leech Life :/
Still it does provide a bit movementspeed though hehe :>

Good luck and have fun!
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 14, 2017, 12:36:13 PM
Doh! We're all regen, not leech... brain fart there...
Just hit 65, switching over to RF now, does a 3 link rf work till I hit 75 and can wear atziri's?
I do not have vorici lvled to 2 yet (hardly encountered him while questing), and find it impossible to get 3 blue on my armor chest, got 2 blue and a red, will that be enough to get me to 75?
Twinks whats your idea about rare shield with lots of HP and with leo mod on it?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Hi so I'm back from vacation and I I spend 10chaos on this gear because gear in OP is still too expensive
Spoiler

And I must say It works like a charm,the biggest issue is to cap my light and cold resist.
Sadly I came online at time when most players sleep and could not get any decent resist stuff.

I also must warn people that this build is Chrome-hell
I did not get right colors anywhere even using the craft method.

All in all I will lurk in poe trade for few days but I can see already that this is great build guide and I have fun with it.

Btw the reason I do not use

is because with new skill asc curse tree in this guide it seems to be inferior choice.
I mean in legacy It is still best but nerfed version gives what 1.5% hp regen? Not really that great.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Aug 14, 2017, 7:36:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info