is juggernaut overshadowed by berserker?

is juggernaut overshadowed by berserker? what's been your experiences with this?
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 8:21:06 AM
Yes ever since they nerfed our endurance chargers to the ground
Git R Dun!
Juggernaut is overshadowed by the changes to Kaom's boots. The only valuable attritubute the Juggernaut has is the ability not to get slowed beyond base speed. This means immunity to temp chains, freezing, frozen ground, just about anything that wrecks melee. You lose the movement speed, but Devoto's and 3 nodes can get them back for you. Then you can go Slayer or Beserker or whatever and stack damage. Juggernaut is dead thanks to a pair of boots lol.

They stupidly nerfed EC because omg, having ECs all the time clearly breaks the game lol. I think Slayer is probably the best melee class right now. The leech never being capped by full HP means you are essentially immortal moving through maps. It also generates some serious damage and cutting elemental reflect in half is also amazing as elemental damage shreds life builds.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
nealn wrote:
is juggernaut overshadowed by berserker? what's been your experiences with this?

Yes.
At this point in the game damage massively outweighs survivability.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
They stupidly nerfed EC because omg, having ECs all the time clearly breaks the game lol.

If one was just looking to have Endurance Charges, any character can have 100% uptime, Jugger just makes it a tiny little easier. It's the 100% Immortal Call uptime and the ridiculous Discharge shenanigans that were changed way back when.

----------
Jugger is still an unstoppable behemoth. Easy access to more Armour than an Ar/Ev hybrid needs, chufty Fort, done. Solid B+. Accuracy makes it easy to go Crit to get that sick deepz. Perfectly workable Ascendancy still.
Zerker has better Damage access (who knew! :/ ) and has nice synergy with Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact is still an S-tier Keystone so yes that's pretty fucking good (again, who knew!). It's the only option for tooltip warriors, so clearly it's The Best and everything else is obsolete forever.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Yes ever since they nerfed our endurance chargers to the ground
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Juggernaut is overshadowed by the changes to Kaom's boots. The only valuable attritubute the Juggernaut has is the ability not to get slowed beyond base speed. This means immunity to temp chains, freezing, frozen ground, just about anything that wrecks melee. You lose the movement speed, but Devoto's and 3 nodes can get them back for you. Then you can go Slayer or Beserker or whatever and stack damage. Juggernaut is dead thanks to a pair of boots lol.

They stupidly nerfed EC because omg, having ECs all the time clearly breaks the game lol. I think Slayer is probably the best melee class right now. The leech never being capped by full HP means you are essentially immortal moving through maps. It also generates some serious damage and cutting elemental reflect in half is also amazing as elemental damage shreds life builds.

this :P i always go berserker even before the boots and with them it's so much more op and nice to play with xD no more need of freeze flasks no more anoying slow curses on maps xd just spin to win ez mode xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Juggernaut provides convenience with the freeze immunity and allows you to practically put all your armor into the chest piece and thus leaving boots, helmet and gloves for utility/uniques.

Alas, that is about all this class offers.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I chose Juggernaut for Legacy because I wanted to play around the Endurance Charges, not because I thought it's strong.

His Ascendancy is weak.
It's not bad in general, just weak compared to other ascendancy classes. Most of this stuff can be reproduced using simple notables in the skilltree, you don't need Ascendancy points to get armor, ECs and better fortify effects.

Best:
"Cannot be slowed below base movespeed"
The wording hides how good that is. I'll never understand why they didn't just write
"You're immune to freeze, chill and temporal chains."
Even attacks don't seem to be affected at all, so why word it with "movespeed"?
However, there's Kaom's Roots now.
So you get "you wear kaom's roots with other stats and sockets".

Somewhat useful:
"Double Armor from chest, cannot be stunned"
With all the Armor increases and ECs, I don't really need this.
What I need, is elemental protection.
"accuracy translates into attackspeed"
If I wanted crit, I'd have chosen another class.
If I want attackspeed, this is not the easiest way to get it. Compare to berserker's "25% attackspeed when hit recently".
"better fortify"
It's fine, but not overwhelming. Somewhat like a regular fortify cluster in the tree.
"+1 EC, 20% chance to gain EC when hit"
You still need to manage Enduring Cry to maintain full charges, this ascendancy is nothing like the passive FC generation you get in Raider.

Almost useless:
"6% increased damage per EC, 25% chance to gain all charges"
The damage should really be "more", not "increased". Or use the mod from the new shield instead, "onslaught on max EC". The first part is weak, the second part not reliable. Again, I still need Enduring Cry.

---

So, Juggernaut gets killed by Kaom's Roots.
I don't mind him dealing less damage than Berserker.
But I don't like how "unspecial" his stuff feels.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 24, 2017, 8:20:22 AM
Kaom's Roots have no move speed. Juggernaut gets move speed on top of Unstoppable and boots with 4 sockets and 30% move speed. They're not even on the same level.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info