UBER LAB IS FUCKED

"
Turtledove wrote:

Give the guy a break. He's obviously just upset and ranting. I admit to some similar rage on my part when I first went into the labyrinth.

I mean im of the opinion the lab isn't that bad of an addition especially the Ascendancy Classes you gain for it. However i will admit myself ive wanted to stick my Fist through my monitor a couple times because of Lab.. And other content actually i just dont like Dieing at ALL. Even though i play SC the higher lvl i am when i die the more of a setback it feels like and it can get frustrating. Lab only has this effect of course when i make it all the way to the 3rd fight to have my shit pushed back with a one shot.. Those are tough not gonna lie. Even now to someone who typically has no issues with Lab. But that's where you have to make sure your character is ready for the run before undertaking it. And learning the Mechanics of Izaro are pretty important too. Once you have those down it's not bad. It's all about execution at that point.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
SoiledPride wrote:
This is the most bullshit part of the stupid fucking game.
How can you justify having fucked up traps that kill so fucking fast in the fucking dark.
6 fucking offerings I just went through and I finally got to the last phase and get fucking 1 shot.
1 SHOT!
[Removed by Support]
THEN ONE SHOT!
JUSTIFY THAT.
[Removed by Support]
FUCK THE STUPID LAB.

git gud
No rest for the wicked
The tragedy of lab is that so much work was done to make it, and same time so few people actually enjoy it. Truly failed piece of content.

Developers should simple try next test:
1. play lab 10 times in a row and ask your self do you want to play it one more time.
2. play some location 10 times in a row (Ledge, Dried Lake, etc.) and ask same.

I bet killing monsters is much more fun than jumping over traps in the dark.

The lab is like from another game. It has own rules which just doesn't align with hack-and-slash game that POE is and we love it for. Traps don't care about your gear what the game is all about -- improve gear; doesn't matter your dps -- you cannot kill traps, doesn't matter your armor or resist -- spike trap will damage you in percentage (go with 5k hp to Normal lab and check). So lab doesn't encourage player to gear up more --- meaning that doesn't help you to pass lab faster or be careless about traps.
"
greenyadzer wrote:
The tragedy of lab is that so much work was done to make it, and same time so few people actually enjoy it. Truly failed piece of content.

any numerical proofs?
No rest for the wicked
In some masochistic way, the Lab idea is not a bad one for me.
The execution is way from perfect, though.

And the epicentre of this all is that Lab is in fact mandatory (~well, you could argue, that even playing the game is not mandatory, but let us stay reasonable) to do at least four times per character.

I would say - BOOST the lab difficulty, increase the rewards and last but not least, separate Ascendancy points like immediatelly.
"
aldorus wrote:

I would say - BOOST the lab difficulty, increase the rewards and last but not least, separate Ascendancy points like immediatelly.

25c per run is not enough? monday run was 5 min for any char.
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
"
greenyadzer wrote:

any numerical proofs?
#

Just check the forum and the threads about unsatifsfied people.
I guess maybe 2-3% of the playerbase visit the forums and there have been so many topics about this.
Imo lab haters are the silent majority
"
mezmery wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:

25c per run is not enough? monday run was 5 min for any char.

Don't understand the 25c part, however, if you are indeed talking about Uber lab, then you MUST add in the time needed to find all six Trials in the first place.
"
greenyadzer wrote:

Developers always take the risk of creating content which could be either flawed, or not much anticipated by the players. Sometimes promising ideas turn to bad, or personal preferences and visions of creator may not be welcomed by users.

That's why professional developers have a couple of approaches to react when good intentions turn wrong:

1. Probing players' anticipations and reactions in advance, before implementation. Then watching closely and taking decisions able to please both sides.

2. By taking into account the feedback on their work, and making reworks and improvements on the go, rapid hotfixes included.

The point is to fulfill your initial intentions as a developer, but at the same time to please the majority of your player base. Not everyone, as you can't make all happy, but the majority. Having in mind that your marketing and art visions are important, but players pay your bills. Compromises with the hope of a win-win scenario.

What of these ggg has done? None. What's worse, they see their work isn't anticipated by many, or even hated by some, but they act like little angry kids ("it will be my way" behavior). Nonsensically stubborn to a point of stupidity. They see the flaws, they probably know the solutions, but they don't step back.

Lab should have been reworked days or weeks after it was implemented. And btw with proper implementation it could really be a great part of this game. Instead, it's pain in the ass.

This game shouldn't be a battlefield players vs developers, nor a tool to rub someone's ego. It makes no sense.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 24, 2017, 7:23:34 AM
"
TheDeathX wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
"
greenyadzer wrote:

any numerical proofs?
#

Just check the forum and the threads about unsatifsfied people.
I guess maybe 2-3% of the playerbase visit the forums and there have been so many topics about this.
Imo lab haters are the silent majority

nice 25 million accounts, 750 lab haters. 3% of 25 million is 750k, and 750 of 750k is 0,1%.

fatality, isnt it?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 24, 2017, 7:02:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info