[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

Hmm how to keep the Divination flask up ? with these amount of mana and regen it seem impossible @@ because i'm using dual defensive curse setup
"
macsu wrote:
Hi guys, so I want to try out this build but I don't have the currency to buy the primordial jewels, can I start without and work my way up ? I understand that this is possible but just been wondering if I can use golems while leveling even without the aggressive jewel and the other expensive ones ?
Or I have to level as something else until I can have the minimum requirement to switch to golems ?
btw what is the minimum for this to start working? I don't want insane clear speeds and so on, just a steady leveling process possibly with golems

I did the build as sort of a starter, had 1 ex and 100 chaos or so saved up. For leveling I used srs with a reverberation rod for the spell echo. Changed to shapers with golems when I had the level for them.

Bought biscos first, was a bit cheaper back then and started wearing it as soon as I was level 30. Then the boots, then gloves, a 5-link, 1-2 harmonies to up my dps and one eminence.. which I later sold to the vendor when I made an anima stone. The rings and helmet on my character are self found and could really use a better es helmet or a heretic's veil (next goal is the ventor's.. about half way towards my goal of spending 2.5-3 ex each on them). Gems are far from perfect, due to a bit of laziness buying the vaal gems and putting convocate in, but the build is still doing everything I want it to right now.

After that it was a lot of maps to get together the cash to buy the two expensive passive gems, which were 750-800 chaos for the two of them at the time I purchased them. I bought the one to make them aggressive first, not sure if it was the right choice but it was really nice for mostly afk farming the currency for the second one at that point.

My build still needs work, have skill points/room for two more harmonies (currently running 6/8 possible harmonies) but very minimal currency at the moment to buy them.

Even without the two additional harmonies I'm running t11's with minimal problems. I'm not one-hitting on t11, but the loots been solid. Shaped strands are self sustaining. Have 20 excess in the stash after roughly 20-30 runs and started with only 1 that I got as a drop. Once I get some more currency together I'll work on 13+ and the remaining gear needed for the build to really shine.
Last edited by TipTopCat on Apr 8, 2017, 5:46:51 AM
Spoiler

This is my gear atm. The clear speed feels lackluster in 11+ maps and the survivability is very low, cant run through Shaped Strands quickly. Suggestions on next upgrades and how to improve the tankiness.
Even when I use two clayshapers same problem exists

Any ideas on spending the extra ascendencies?
Last edited by fusrhodah on Apr 8, 2017, 12:34:17 PM
"
fusrhodah wrote:
Spoiler

This is my gear atm. The clear speed feels lackluster in 11+ maps and the survivability is very low, cant run through Shaped Strands quickly. Suggestions on next upgrades and how to improve the tankiness.
Even when I use two clayshapers same problem exists

Any ideas on spending the extra ascendencies?

Forget about Flammablity and Ele weakness and try MrsDeath_ Enfeeble and Temporal Chains with blasphemy. I run T15 and t14 and can die on rare essence mobs or breaches only.
i killed shaper easy but the trio on uber damm that cyclone guy i got rekt lose all portals there!
I also killed Shaper easily but trio on Uber Atziri is nearly impossible. I already have 11 jewels including the 4ex ones, 89 level, golems dies almost instantly to the bleed guy. Nothing I can do to save them.

Also, is it worth paying 3ex for a 21/20 flame golem?
Last edited by Fenelon on Apr 8, 2017, 1:42:47 PM
"
fusrhodah wrote:
The clear speed feels lackluster in 11+ maps and the survivability is very low, cant run through Shaped Strands quickly.

Have you tried using the more DPS focused 6-link setup of:-

Flame Golem > GMP > Spell Echo > Minion Damage > Controlled Destruction > Fire Penetration

I run this in my chest and I have found the damage pretty good for T11 shaped strands. If stuff isn't literally one-shot it does tend to clear everything on the screen within a hail of shots from my 4 flame golems. It seems like if you are only doing shaped strands you can consider running 5 or 6 flame golems if you are not already.

As others have mentioned you can run the Heretic's Veil with either defensive or offensive blasphemies. As it's cheap to pick up it is probably worth a go.

From my point of view my current gear does me well enough for mapping up to shaped shore at t13. It's got about 8.4k ES. When I die it is usually because I am running pretty daft mods like -12 max resistances, monsters cause status aliments and I'm running breaches. I think I mostly die to bleed that I don't notice and promptly use a quicksilver flask and kill myself instantly and some one-shots normally in conjunction with the above mods. Honestly I feel fairly tanky. I am hybrid MF in that I have rare gloves rather than Sadima's and run an Energy From Within next to the Melding cluster.

I have cleared Vaal Temple with this build and the Chimaira - both whilst dead I have to admit. I've never gone higher than t11 before this build though so even attempting them feels like a BIG step for me - I am a filthy casual though and can't play a lot - lol.

At this point I am just using my golemancer as a way to get ccy for my LA crit raider who has garbage gear and was getting owned in t10+ maps. I am not a massive fan of the golem playstlye. I AM a massive fan of being reflect immune!!!

I'd play around with some gearing / skill gem options. You should be able to get a build you are happy to run. If in real doubt just copy Mrs Death's build as closely as possible since he (or she) has obviously cleared everything and so it MUST work well!!!! ;)
"
Fenelon wrote:
I also killed Shaper easily but trio on Uber Atziri is nearly impossible. I already have 11 jewels including the 4ex ones, 89 level, golems dies almost instantly to the bleed guy. Nothing I can do to save them.

Also, is it worth paying 3ex for a 21/20 flame golem?

My question as well. What gems benefit the most from a +1 corruption?
Spoiler

This is my Setup for Shaped Strand // Vault/Arach. Tomb // Shore . The killing speed is a bit slower (Quantity + Rarity gems) but the loot ..... it rains . I dropped 2x Exalted on 1 mob Pack in Strand. So far about 10-12 pure Ex drops and twice that in other currency, 4-5 Keys + multiple Hoarder/Abandoned Wealth etc ....

Saving for a nice 40% flame golem dmg helmet to sustain my 122%IIQ//202%IIR + Bisco in higher maps.
IGN : xXxNocturnexXx
Last edited by Ecofatalis on Apr 8, 2017, 5:15:17 PM
"
Ecofatalis wrote:
Spoiler

This is my Setup for Shaped Strand // Vault/Arach. Tomb // Shore . The killing speed is a bit slower (Quantity + Rarity gems) but the loot ..... it rains . I dropped 2x Exalted on 1 mob Pack in Strand. So far about 10-12 pure Ex drops and twice that in other currency, 4-5 Keys + multiple Hoarder/Abandoned Wealth etc ....

Saving for a nice 40% flame golem dmg helmet to sustain my 122%IIQ//202%IIR + Bisco in higher maps.

How on earth are you getting enough ES to survive? I have only 5k es with a 760 es chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info