[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
Dysmal wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Dysmal wrote:
Hey, do you think this build would be good for the 2 Week Mayhem SSF HC race?

SRS on its own is very nice for SSF because it will be good without any uniques required. But this particular version will not work as SSF. Too many more or less required uniques. I think there was a SRS SSF guide somewhere in the witch forum, should give that a read maybe.

Also for this build: Thoughts on swapping out Culling Strike for Ele. Damage with Attacks? Should be a big boost to SRS dps, even when losing the 10% cull.

Well, the league is going to be Mayhem, meaning tons of Breaches, Exiles, Strongboxes for the very high chance of getting uniques.

I'm pretty sure that I can start off with a typical staff SRS and then transition into this build if I get a Covenant and Severed in Sleep... And if I don't, the build with a staff or even a bow should still work out for mapping.

Ahh my bad. I was doing the 3.0 version of the build in beta and forgot that the 2.6 one is basically 100% different. The 3.0 needs some very specific, non-breach uniques like The Baron. The 2.6 one actually does look very doable in the 2 week mayhem, agreed.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 19, 2017, 5:00:58 AM
I am looking forward to trying this build in 3.0, I am curious whats up with the added accuracy/culling, for I am new to this new srs build type, can someone explain how it affects SRS? Also what do you think about the new maim gem as well for zombies, a snare seems neat. Thanks for your time.
"
Dorithe wrote:
I am looking forward to trying this build in 3.0, I am curious whats up with the added accuracy/culling, for I am new to this new srs build type, can someone explain how it affects SRS? Also what do you think about the new maim gem as well for zombies, a snare seems neat. Thanks for your time.

Culling is just pure DPS increase with IAS, 38% more damage and instant kill on 10% life. Not sure if the increased accuray is needed though, I'm testing this build on beta with increased attack speed support and it's really strong. I've read a couple guides on SRS and seems like most people run spell echo/faster attack/multistrike over the extra accuracy. They all have a high mana multiplier though and could be bad with Blood Magic(and BM already has a big mana multiplier).

Just my 2 cents and I'm a pretty new player. Only played a bit of Legacy with 15FPS(so I kinda rage quite because I just couldn't progress anymore) and 3.0 will be the first time I can play PoE on a decent PC, but this will be my league starter.

Got a question too.
Is clarity needed if you play with BM?
Last edited by AcoVonDerp on Jun 19, 2017, 10:55:20 AM
"
AcoVonDerp wrote:

Got a question too.
Is clarity needed if you play with BM?

It is not needed, but as a necromancer you should have it at lvl 1 so you can use the ascendancy buff from having an extra aura up without any real mana cost. It's basically a free dmg boost.
Do you think this would be possible from a scion start?
Focus more on party so Necro / Guardian buffs
Could I also just Haste aura(scion necro buff just needs 1 aura) and Blasphemy with Enfeeble and Temp Chains

Anything else you would change in the tree?

**********EDIT***********
Well i tried it for the 2 week as scion HC, i got to top 30, but the other scion was #1 so I gave up

The necromancer ascendancy gives so much more minion dmg

so even without those great nodes, it was a really strong and safe build build only a 8/10 for clear speed, but 10/10 safety and 10/10 any map mods, etc..

mix the build with an EK Nova and its insane
Last edited by Shea213 on Jul 3, 2017, 11:18:08 AM
"
Dorithe wrote:

Additional accuracy guarantees 85% hit rate for SRS, taking all buffs into consideration this is a huge dps boost compared to any other support gem. A +3 staff with empower 4 will bring srs hit rating over 70% and bring more damage. As this build is budget friendly and we are using a shield for permanent onslaught we are not using a +3 staff setup, this leaves us with empower 4 vs additional accuracy and they are within 5% of each other, so additional accuracy is the clear winner as empower 4 is too expensive.

As for 6th link I take culling as it's a nice QoL support, alternatives are elemental focus/multistrike/faster attacks. Personal preference really, for speed running I take spell echo+minion speed to clear easy content fast.

Maim is looking quite good, it is about as strong as faster attacks but with additional benefits. I think it is going to be a good contender for a 6th socket.
What about linking the zombies with the Maim Support? This should debuff the enemies with 30% more physical damage taken, wich would also increase the damage that SRS do. I know that they do only 50% physical, but wouldn't that be a nice damage boost anyway?

IGN Jadyra | Kitargua
"
Narrgis wrote:
What about linking the zombies with the Maim Support? This should debuff the enemies with 30% more physical damage taken, wich would also increase the damage that SRS do. I know that they do only 50% physical, but wouldn't that be a nice damage boost anyway?

Yep you can use maim as a 4th link for zombies, damage wise it's quite similar if you combine zombie+srs numbers but you do gain the maim benefit. I will test it out in the next beta phase.

Cheers
Last edited by dupie on Jun 23, 2017, 6:19:37 AM
In regards to maim .. its only going to be impactful vs bosses , just keep that in mind as it means you dont need to do much to proc it vs things that matter. you might actually be better off thinking of it as a vulnerability curse that doesnt get nerfed by boss curse resists .

so i would not put it on anything you consider a damage dealer because vs trash chances are you will kill the target long before you proc maim.

but on a support minion? you might have something there.

for example if you had frenzy monkeys you could put maim on them etc
Saved for Beta :)
PoE & F1 is Life. <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info