[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
Wiggbot wrote:
Hey,

I've got a 6 linked Covenant

HOW? I've put in 1000+ Links... and no 6 Link. I even have the slots & colors ready. I literally have ran out of links to do it so I'm stuck with a 5link and an Empower waiting.
"
dupie wrote:

Yes, you can use Fragility jewels (use 3) to reduce endurance charges, and use the Ahn's Heritage shield to give permanent onslaught, then just get high movement speed boots, couple this with minion speed and spell echo I use that for farming easy content or speed running.

What are the fragility gems for? Sorry this is my first real character pushing content, although it's not hardcore... But A) THANK YOU for this build. I've put 30hrs into the game THIS week and B) I'm still learning more advanced mechanics like the perma-Onslaught.
Last edited by reagan247 on May 29, 2017, 10:29:26 PM
"
Wiggbot wrote:
Hey,

I've been following your build more or less to a T. I've got a 6 linked Covenant with a lvl 3 empower, along with Severed in Sleep and Kaom's Roots.

I'm up to level 91 now, and am pushing for 36 challenges. Apart from the annoyance of tracking down something that dropped two screens away, mapping has been very easy. Bosses also seem to melt. I was very impressed how quickly Uber Izaro went down on a build that does well all around and for pretty cheap.

Anyways, I was wondering about the Grip of the Council gloves. If i juggle my resistances around a little, I could probably still maintain map capped resistances. Finding the dex will be a bigger pain. I'm just wondering how noticeable the damage from the gloves is. I noticed you are using them in your gear, so I assume you find the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Have you tried any of the higher tier bosses such as Guardians with this build? I've cleared normal Atziri, Uber Lab, and the three easier breachlords with ease. I've just been a chicken and I don't want to RIP before I get 36 challenges...

Grips definitely make a difference but I only used them as I had resistances and dex covered. With my current gear it can be quite annoying to get resists and stat requirements so I just upgraded as I went on, they were my last upgrade.

I have cleared Uber Atziri, Shaper, Hydra and Phoenix with the gear shown in the gear section. This was not on HC and I would highly recommend against doing it on HC. I had to swap a lot of things and links around for each fight for each fight and it was just too annoying to do. I actually failed Minotaur and Chimera because the character was too sluggish and got overwhelmed with its low cast speed. I used bone offering and spell echo to help with this issue on some fights.

So super end game content is just unreliable and annoying to do, definitely not HC viable but not many life builds are without leech. If you really want to try, using bone offering is a must.

Cheers.
Last edited by dupie on May 30, 2017, 12:55:10 AM
"
reagan247 wrote:

What are the fragility gems for? Sorry this is my first real character pushing content, although it's not hardcore... But A) THANK YOU for this build. I've put 30hrs into the game THIS week and B) I'm still learning more advanced mechanics like the perma-Onslaught.

Glad you are enjoying it, for the ahn's heritage shield you have onslaugh(20% increased attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed.) when at maximum endurance charges. By default you have a maximum of 3 endurance charges, this means without any endurance charges you are on 0/3. This is where fragility gems come in, with 2 equipped you are at 0/1 endurance charges and then the ahn's heritage gives you -1 so thats 0/0 which means you can't generate endurance charges but you are also at maximum charges. This can be verified by pressing C and checking under the charges tab.

Hope this helps, Cheers.
Last edited by dupie on May 30, 2017, 12:57:55 AM
"
reagan247 wrote:
"
Wiggbot wrote:
Hey,

I've got a 6 linked Covenant

HOW? I've put in 1000+ Links... and no 6 Link. I even have the slots & colors ready. I literally have ran out of links to do it so I'm stuck with a 5link and an Empower waiting.

I was very lucky and only needed about 400 or so. I was actually about to quit the league when I found a reliquary key which led to some decent legacy Facebreakers that I sold for 12 ex. Decided to give the league one more go. I started an old school srs build, but changed to this one totally funded off those facebreakers. I'd ripped several toons, and the majority of them were due to lag spikes and disconnects so I was getting over it.

I actually bought about 700 fusings as I expected it to go worse, and was prepared to buy more.

I'm way too big of a chicken to corrupt the armor though, even though +1 to gems would be damn amazing. I already made a +1 to gems Tabula Rasa so I assume my luck for the league is spent haha
Hey, please can someone explain me the use of Eldritch Battery? I'm lv 66 following this build, and I don't even use mana with SRS, so why would I use it? Using ES to protect mana instead of life just seem to make me more squishy... I know Mind over Matter benefit a bit with this, but it pays off not having ES for life? Thanks btw, rly fun build
"
inp344 wrote:
Hey, please can someone explain me the use of Eldritch Battery? I'm lv 66 following this build, and I don't even use mana with SRS, so why would I use it? Using ES to protect mana instead of life just seem to make me more squishy... I know Mind over Matter benefit a bit with this, but it pays off not having ES for life? Thanks btw, rly fun build

MoM will mitigate chaos damage and will be superior to going hybrid unless you can get ~4k ES. We can also run 4 auras for more damage without worrying about mana for utility spells. At a budget MoM is better as you can't get insane amounts of ES, but I encourage you to use the build as a template and tweak it to fit your play style.

Cheers
Build Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go as a possible starter for 3.0 beta, since ES get nerved :)

Btw I see you are using Culling Strike, I strongly recommend to switch to Additional Accuracy. It is proven that a 20/20 Add.Acc has nearly the same effect as an Empower 3.
"
Gambit79 wrote:
Build Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go as a possible starter for 3.0 beta, since ES get nerved :)

Btw I see you are using Culling Strike, I strongly recommend to switch to Additional Accuracy. It is proven that a 20/20 Add.Acc has nearly the same effect as an Empower 3.

Hi there, yes additional accuracy seems even stronger than empower 4 when combined with culling strike. Check this out for Path of Building(import from pastebin option):

https://pastebin.com/9GWQabb9

It is a max block/spell block pure life variant I made for a friend which is very strong in HC. I will use it as a template in beta with an onslaught SC variant.

Cheers
Last edited by dupie on Jun 3, 2017, 12:15:41 PM
"
dupie wrote:
"
Gambit79 wrote:

Hi there, yes additional accuracy seems even stronger than empower 4 when combined with culling strike. Check this out for Path of Building(import from pastebin option):

https://pastebin.com/9GWQabb9

It is a max block/spell block pure life variant I made for a friend which is very strong in HC. I will use it as a template in beta with an onslaught SC variant.

Cheers

Hey Dupie, looks even more interesting then the OP-buid. Do you have, or plan to open a Guide for it? I'm planning to develop a modified Build based on it and I hate to take credit for other peoples work :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info