[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Haven't played for a month or two. Checked prices for atziri acuity, got shocked. I thoght they would become cheaper by the end of the league. Now they cost twice more. Remember them 13-18 ex cost. Ta fuck happened?
Looks like melee damage on full life is being used. Got to swap.
Btw spent around 900 fuse for 6 link terminus. Never lucky BabyRage.
Last edited by Perdulkin on May 19, 2017, 4:35:51 AM
@Shaboom Honestly i can't give you tips about that fight ... just go in and try it, if possible try to raise your chaos resistance.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So it's my first PoE walkthrough and I have been using this build and every thing was going very smoothly and pretty fun, until I hit level 82 and started doing rare tier 10 (no physical reflect mods) maps, and my dreams started to fade. I die very easily from any pack of monsters even tho my hp is 5.5k and capped my resistances and my critical chance is 64 without power charges. I don't know what I'm doing wrong exactly. here's my build:

Looking at your gear - everything seems fine to me. If you provide me with more info maybe i can be more helpful ? Of course ideal would be if you can provide a video demonstrating your problems.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 19, 2017, 3:49:50 PM
"
RailTracer42 wrote:
So it's my first PoE walkthrough and I have been using this build and every thing was going very smoothly and pretty fun, until I hit level 82 and started doing rare tier 10 (no physical reflect mods) maps, and my dreams started to fade. I die very easily from any pack of monsters even tho my hp is 5.5k and capped my resistances and my critical chance is 64 without power charges. I don't know what I'm doing wrong exactly. here's my build:

1) You'll need to replace melee damage with full life with fortify...you can't simple pass up added defense.

2) Replace your amulet with crit chance/crit multiplier/life at least.

3) Grab a surgeon's stibnite flask and lioneyes' roar flask. Lioneye's flaks IS a must

4) Puchase a rustic belt with life+resist
Looks like you're not using Fortify. I'm not 100% on which gem to replace in your 5L but I think it's Melee Damage on Full Life.
Now i feel ashamed that i've missed the lack of fortify .. but yeah as the guys mentioned fortify is a huge defensive boost and a must.
Wasn't able to kill Chayula, but I cheated myself out of a portal or two by misclicking. I always try to put up a portal before entering the arena, but I was in a hurry to do it so I didn't lose my charges and I messed it up.

I just beat Core Malachai finally, which took wearing a Starkonja and getting a little bit of luck: he moved away from Piety--I feel like flicker strike likes to home in on bigger targets and not let go, so it's been a huge roadblock just trying to damage her down. I guess I should have switched to viper strike for phase one.

Anyway, next time I fight Chayula I might try wearing the Starkonja. From what I've read there's a lot of physical damage, especially from the cyclone, so not wearing a hat full of razor blades might help.

What's your take on using Carnage Heart? It seems like a perfect complement to Retch, but I haven't found a way to see Retch's contribution in Path of Building. You say in the guide that a rare is better, but is this true even with Retch on?

Edit: Look what I found! It's a teeny tiny minor upgrade for me, but because I found a damn-near perfect Terminus Est on my own I'm determined to use it. Having bad luck trying to 6L it, but I wasn't using my fusings for anything anyway:

Last edited by Shaboom on May 19, 2017, 7:28:07 PM
About to hit lvl 80, still a long way to go in terms of defenses (only at 4.7k hp) The only deviation from current passive tree was inclusion of Cloth and Chain for extra 15 all res.

What items need improvement at the moment? What general advice can you give?

ps: would you swap melee damage on full life with fortify on 5l setup?

Last edited by Millennium on May 20, 2017, 4:57:44 AM
@Shaboom
Well Carnage heart sure is nice, better with the retch indeed for the extra leech. What i mainly don't like about it is the complete lack of life. But i'd say try to play with it for a bit and see if you can see any improvement. No other way to know for sure in my opinion.

@Millennium
I would totally swap out melee damage on full life for Fortify. Improvements... well ... besides the obvious expensive one (6L, acuity and taste of hate) i'd say try to get better boots, you can also master craft your belt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info