Developer Questions and Answers

I finished reading all 68 pages and I concluded that no one has the same questions as me.

1) There is a quest in act 1 that requires act 2 to complete "The Way Forward" quest, will there be new optional quests that allows us to finish a quest in previous act to complete the quest in the next act?

2) Currently, players can have up to 123 passive skill points or 127 as Ascendant. With the release of 6 acts, can we expect more passive skill points than just 123-127?

3) Will there be quests in the additional 6 acts that requires certain events to be completed in previous acts? An example of such event is Fairgraves appearing in act 3 Docks after killing Fairgraves in act 1.

4) Players tend to wonder how they die in the game, can we expect you to implement something that tells us what our cause of death is?

5) A lot of players feel that the Infernal Character effect would look way better if the hand was completely removed, I have full confidence that GGG would make a lot more revenue that way. Are there any plans to remove the hand from the Infernal Character effect?

6) Uh.. Can I get an extra microtransaction tab(s)?

7) Can you make an AI bot or AI clone of our characters with an option of them being able to retaliate or not? That way we will be able to test our skills and equipment on them without having to go to areas that can cause death.

Permanent Hardcore only.
We heard a lot of Magic when we talk about GGG and hobby/time off, but what is a book that is popular between you guys?

Who is the most hungry reader?
when will necromancer, the master of the undead learn to control zombies instead of them just standing around?

aka

Fix zombie AI they are just stupid.

I mean how hard is it to have them attack the target we are attacking instead of going on their own and if you want them to actually do something they just stand there?
Can the shaper shape a shape so perfectly shaped that even he cannot shape it anymore?
Someting i saw from an old beta clip was a Chaos Sphere. Can you guys tell what that is or was?
[Raise Spectre]
Is this ever going to get fixed so it remembers your spectres from one login to the next (just as Animate Guardian does)?

One DC and there goes 10 minutes of scouring for spectres as well as a perfectly good map (which happens a lot).
Please, for the love of god, fix Raise Spectre...we've been waiting for like two years now!
I too, in common with many others, would like to see MTX sorting.

Now for my questions.
1) Have you considered giving 2 passive points per level and making the cost of nodes 1, 2 or 3 points dependant on type of node? Say 1 point for nodes that give +10 to an attribute, 3 points for keystones and notables then 2 points for the remaining nodes.

2) Have you thought about using exp. scaling to reduce the appeal of high powered, fast clear builds? The way I see this working would be to have a set of lookup tables that would give a standard damage output for each level of each class. The exp. gained would be the product of the base exp. gain, the level modifier and the standard damage output divided by the character damage output.
Hello GGG

I just finished College for becoming a sound designer. I took 3 years of audio and know a fair bit about video editing and color correction. I also know a bit about Wwise and looking to get into it a lot deeper when I graduate.

I would love to be able to work in the gaming industry doing sound design. I find it very fun.

My question is what do you look for in a sound designer when it comes to resume and reels showing my work. Would you be looking for personality, examples of sound effects put into a video of Path Of Exile to showcase your talents.

Furthermore, what type of software would be good to learn. I'm currently looking into Wwise and F-mod for sound. Would it be good to also know some stuff about C++?

Question 2: do you guys hire a lot from outside of your country? I love Path Of Exile and I'm from Canada. What would the process of getting a work visa if you ended up posting a job for a sound designer.

Thanks for reading these questions

Jimajamer

Last edited by Jimajamer on Mar 14, 2017, 10:39:57 PM
1) Could you increase the size of the tab buttons (the tiny pull town button for the tab list and the tiny scroll right and left arrow keys).
2) Could you allow for the option of control clicking in the guild tab
3) Speaking of Guild tabs, Shards don't even turn into orbs unless you take the stack of 20 out, you have to put it in your bag and add a "21st" shard to it, triggering it to turn into an orb, could that be changed/fixed?
4) Titan quest has an "auto arrange" button in their inventory tabs, and it was added. Could something like that be added for our inventory bag?
5) Why did you go with five flasks? Now I have to buy a mouse with more buttons.
6) Would it be possible to be able to auto loot scrolls by just walking over them, similar to the gold in Diablo III?
7) This one I know would never be implimented because I understand how it is a part of the games "mechanic" but as a casual mostly solo player I would pay good money for additional bag space on a character. Perhaps you could sell that option to be used in "standard league" only or something like that. I just get so damn tired of hearing "I cannot carry that" or "I prefer to travel light". This game is a loot grab after all... gimme mah space for mah lootz~!
8) Portal scrolls. Why? Thre is SO MUCH different typse of loot. diablo III, Titanquest... you just have button to click and you get your portal to town. Clicking on portal scrolls to pick them up SUCKS in my humble opinion, and I hate using a socket for a portal gem. Also, they are very close in color and identical to wisdom scrolls, and I can't tell you how many times I have inadvertantly attempted to id my loot with portal scrolls.
9) Also, I play triple screen, would love the option to click and drag my stash tabs and extend them to the width of my 3 monitors so I don't have to navigate the tab list (by clicking the tiny tab list button) or the tabs by clicking the right or left arrows (which are also very tiny).

Those are just things that would, for me... Make an awesome game even more so.

Thanks for listening.
Are you considering adding something like a Damage Meter to PoE?

Would be neat to see your overall dps after clearing the map or damage done to the map boss when your in a party.

I feel like it would be great infomation when you are trying out different setups for your build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info