Developer Questions and Answers

Hi there. Casual player here, but a veteran of the genre.

In trying to get my friends to try out Path of Exile there are definitely some barriers to entry in terms of basic understanding of how to maximize a character's potential. This is admittedly unavoidable for a game with such depth and the pursuit of fully knowing all the intricacies is part of the fun. But at the end of the day, the real rush of this game is the item hunt. Finding something and knowing its powerful. Especially when the item enables a build that is off-meta and lets you feel unique in your play style.

To that point, rare items have infinite possibilities in terms of what type of builds they could be good for but it is practically impossible for any new player to know that just by looking at the affixes of an identified item. Has any thought been given to accentuating higher tier affixes to clearly indicate the item's true potential lies in building around that stat?

E.G. If an item has a godly armor roll, then make sure casual players know... HEY YOU! SAVE THIS ITEM FOR NEXT TIME YOU MAKE AN ARMOR BUILD. CUZ THIS ROLL IS INSANE!!

Thanks for the continuing pursuit of seeking out community feedback. Hopefully I can get my friends over the hump and get them to love this game as much as I do!
Any possibility of including any transformation skills? Would be cool to like turn into a werewolf or even better, just a quadrupedal wolf. If not an actual skill then perhaps cosmetic MTX that changes the character model?
Concerning Flying Entity's interactions with "ground based" attacks such as Spark, and lightning strike. These abilities are currently unable to affect "flying" entities, and as one of the map bosses is such (Arsenal Map - Animated Weapon) these abilities are currently physically unable to complete the game.

Are you OK with abilities having such hard non-interactable limitations, and do you have any plans for similar interactions with other attack and entity types? eg. "volley" type attacks being unable to hit burrowing enemies?
Last edited by VapidActions on Mar 14, 2017, 1:22:11 AM
Will pvp remain dead? I mean new stuff are being added, skills with no t values. General who hits hardest 1st gameplay.

I mean just delete sarn arena and leo altogether I don't think they're part of the lore anyway.
Will PoE on Xbox One get mouse & keyboard support?
Last edited by SevenKnives on Mar 14, 2017, 4:09:53 AM
I play from Philippines and am wondering if we could have more payment options? Like Dragonpay or anything else. I would really like to support the game more

Spoiler
nid moar stash tabs 4 loots
can we pls get a flask fix in 3.0? some are way to good. Remember the golden rule of balancing, if something is too good not to use on all chars, then it is broken and needs to be fixed.
I'd very much like to know if the whole "still map" gameplay will be updated to something more dynamic, like the Labyrinth with it's danger zones, moving hazard places, timed hazards and so on. There's a whole lot of themed dangers the current maps could have and the gameplay would shift from more or less monotonous monster grinding to using your guile to sift through the dangers of the level while killing stuff.

On the same note, there is a similar question about the boss fights. Will they ever be made more of Dark Souls styled, where boss attacks can be very powerful, or have distinct pannerned damage -- but be telegraphed ahead with boss animation? So that you could literally kill the boss without taking any damage if you are careful and familiar enough with that boss, but be wrecked by it even if you are extremely tanky if you are not careful?

And in continuation of the boss theme, is there going to be available the "glass cannon" playstyle, where you gather no life at all in favour of damage and speed, and use your agility to survive the dangers of the game? ATM instant AOE (like bombblood), on-monster-death effects (like Porcupine's spike spray) and reflect amounts prohibit this sort of play.

Thank you for the possibility to ask these questions.
my question is:
some time ago you talked to us in global chat and i asked if it would be possible to just give us a keybind for auto-logout so we wouldn't need makro things to do it. you said you would look into it.. is it still on the table?
Can you turn off lag in this game?
Dungeons IIII

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info