Developer Questions and Answers

Seeing as the design team has been working on a console port I would assume they've been facing problems altering the deisgn to work best on the xbox one platform. How do you think the design of path of exile would need to change in order for it to work on a mobile platform? Would you have to cut some important design pillars? If so, which ones?

Thanks!
Are there any plans to one day create a hideout with a friend (A 2 person hideout)?
Are there any plans to do anymore Shield (equipment) based skill gems? Like a shield punch or something.
Are there any plans on improving the interface, for example the lifebar above a character could use some more work in regards to how HP is shown perhaps, have 1k Life blocks or better visuals for status effects, the lifebar could have an animation directly on the lifebar and maybe change the color to show that you are bleeding, rather than having it on the character itself, bleed is one of the most visualized, however poison really isnt, just turning a bit green, which gets lost inbetween all of those green mtx's that I like to wear, especialy since chaos dmg is the most lethal dmg in the game I feel like it needs better visuals! But it doesn't have to stop there, you could also have those visuals on the life/mana orbs in the interface since they are big enough and simply by turning the red life orb to green to symbolize that you are poison would help BIG TIME!

Another question (if allowed)
What was the design decision behind the % leech per second that some lifeleech nodes have, it really doesn't replace vaal pact. Instead what I would suggest and hope to get some feedback on is, why not make Vaal Pact the baseline for any sort of leech and perhaps nerf the life leech from nodes etc in general, it is such a big deal for most builds and traveling to the other side of the tree to get this mandatory node hurts alot of builds, especialy life builds that are strugling to keep up with ci builds anyway. Prime example - Marauder: this class screams lifebuild and is surrounded by exactly that, however to get to vaal pact you literaly have to go across the whole skilltree, even the ascendancy class berserker that specializes in high dmg and leech to survive, HAS to get vaal pact. And I feel like just moving the vaal pact node to another destination on the skilltree AGAIN, will not help that much since we are moving it away from other builds now, so the best solution would be to remove it, remove the necessity to skill it and implement it in another way to the leech mechanic, that would be my suggestion. It would be a much appreciated change similar to the new Area of effect changes, you can save so many points now that you dont have to get all of the aoe, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

I am sry for the long post if guys pick my questions feel free to narrow it down, I just felt like giving some reason behind it. I am also sry for any typos, English is not my mothertongue. And thank you guys so much for making this game great, I mean updating the game so frequently is important for this type of genre and you guys are doing gods work, honestly, I am always happy to support this company with my hard earned money and buy the most expensive packs, not only for the cool mtxs and points that I get to spend on more of them, bur also because I know it helps the devs of this great game and perhaps a even greater and involved community. Looking forward to the Q&A hopefully we can get some good insights :) Lots of love from Austria!
Put base minion damage into gem description
"
Would it be possible to get some more communication/transparency on this issue?
What obstacles need to be managed to give minion gems better tooltips? Are GGG satisfied/dissatisfied with current minion tooltips?
Where do you stand on this issue?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
As far as the Xbox launch goes... Will we retain our MTX and support pack purchases, or will it be completely separate from PC?
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Will you ever (3.0 ?) UPDATE/UPGRADE the Minimap(-system).

Will there be a german translation ?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
As someone who sees game a core aspect in his life - I feel an urge to participate in game development. However, one can not be everything - which is why I must ask;

Q: What possible job roles do games like Path of Exile require?

I want to help create games, but I don't know what's the best platform that I will be most useful.
Would you mind explaining about the most important roles (such as programmers, artists, etc.) briefly, the roles that must be manned for a game to function?
How do you plan to handle the zone-specific divination-card drops in patch 3.0 when there is only one play through? An example can be "The incantation" that only drops in cruel/merc western forest. But there are many others.

Btw. PoE Makes me happy. Thanks for a great game.
1. Are Kitava and the Beast the same entity? The Karui appear to be pretty sure that they're the same, but some things, like the pantheom image, seem to imply otherwise.

2. Are the Oriathians, the Templar and Elreon wrong? All of them appear to believe in a single God. Their belief appear to have done some culture adapatation from the Vaal beliefs - for example, they say Lunaris and Solaris are the different eyes of the same God. But now we know that, instead of a God, there are multiple smaller gods - including Solaris and Lunaris themselves. Does this mean the belief in a single God, shared by the Templars, is wrong in the PoE universe?

3. Any plans to incorporate the Leaguestones to the main game, once the Legacy league is over?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info