[2.6/3.0] [HC, Videos in Comments] Fidelitas's Trickster Cyclone--Uber Iz down

Re opinion on variations:

Really I am delighted that you are testing variations on the theme. My opinion on how well these will work is necessarily less informed than yours, since you are doing the testing. Since you ask, I offer these thoughts. (remember that I am always looking at things from an HC point of view)

Bronn's Lithe/Doryani's/prismweave: All three are definitely synergistic with the build, and were considered at one point. The biggest concern is that these will result in an overall life total insufficient to get past early maps safely. IMO, you really want at least 500+ total added life (including 1/2 added strength) on your gear (550+ even better) for mapping. Secondarily it is expensive to get the unique chest in a 6L.

Esh's mirror: great for a hybrid build, but loses a lot of the evasion (converted to armor) that makes the build more tanky in practice if life based.

Call of the brotherhood has some synergy with Berek's grip, though unclear if it would improve overall DPs more than a rare ring with added lightning/weapon ele dam. Biggest problem, again, is lack of flat life.

Wise Oak:Potentially good extra damage if have lightning res highest. Good choice to replace sulphur flask if can't get a vinktars with flat lightning weapon damage.

Fixing resists: 50%+ ele res jewels exist and are very helpful to this build. A couple of those can be used to fix your resses without great difficulty.

Good luck!
Hi! First of all thanks for the build.

I wanted to ask how the new version of the build handles uber izaro without LGOH.
Of course you would swap innervate for something like conc effect (or not, i dont know).
Glad to hear you are enjoying the build. Vaal pact essentially takes the place of LGOH. Here's the single large target math:

LGOH at around 46/hit for approximately 5 hits/sec after accounting for accuracy=approx 230/sec instant life gain + up to 25% of our life total/sec through ordinary leech (after 2 full seconds of leeching) Since we should have at least 5k life (absolute minimum) before fighting Uber, this gives us roughly 1250+230=1480 life/sec without vaal pact, at maximum leech. Round to 1500 for convenience of discussion below.

Assuming Uber Iz is shocked, we have 3.4% of dps instant leech through vaal pact+bereks. We would need to be doing approximately 44k DPs to equal 1500 life leeched/sec. If not shocked, 2.4% of dps= approx 65k DPS to equal max non vaal pact effect. By the time we fight Uber Iz, we are usually going to be doing in that range or better counting pen, not counting frenzy, and accounting for reduced curse effect.

In practice we should see a better result from vaal pact+berek's than we see from LGOH+regular leech, given that it takes approximately 2 full seconds of leeching to get up to the maximum rate with regular leech. The only downside is the missing Regen, which makes traps and DOT effects more dangerous. Overall, I felt like the build was performing better with Berek's+ vaal pact, but did require more care.

Having tried it both ways, I feel lgoh is great for leveling, but loses out to berek's+vaal pact by level 67 when we get to add thunderfist.

Swapping conc for innervate in the boss fights is actually an -excellent- idea, which you would think would have occurred to me, but didn't. :).
Last edited by Orion72 on Apr 7, 2017, 5:19:24 PM
This has been a fun build. Thanks for sharing.
Not sure if this is obvious or unknown but does the HoT buff effect on the sword actually affect the lightning storms that come down when you shock something? From my initial testing, it only seems to apply to the flat dmg it gives.
Last edited by dandan88 on Apr 11, 2017, 10:50:56 AM
Hey there :)

I already asked and got a nice answer, but here is my second question:
i am level 72 right now (this is like my highest champ atm, playing poe for a month now!) and my first time ever following a guide. i am still kind of a big noob and need to learn a lot.

i got most of the core items and (almost) same passive tree, i know 2 nodes are wrong, i will swap them later (strength + int), but changing items to core items made me lose some stats and i couldnt use my skills anymore.

but i get barely above 12k dps, i dont know where or what to improve next - any advice? i know i should get a 6-link, but since i am new i lack the currency to do so...

i would really appreciate some help/advice for me, trying your build as a newbie ^^

characters name is "Elayis"

Thanks in advance i hope :D
Hi Elayis,

Here are the primary things to check if your DPS feels low, even without a 6L:

1. Are you equipped with wake of destruction boots and thunderfist mitts?

2. Are you running all three reserved skills ((wrath, HOT, conductivity)

3. Have you taken all three of the main damage clusters in our tree?

4. Have you taken your second ascendancy for the frenzy charges?

5. Do you have an average of at least 30% increased weapon elemental damage on each of your jewelery slots (amulet, ring, ring, belt) (most common missing item when troubleshooting)

6. What level are wrath and HOT? (flat damage improves somewhat from lvl 16 to lvl 20)

7. Are you checking DPS standing still or within 4 seconds of moving? (Walk the aether provides buffed DPS as soon as you begin cycling)

8. Are you using an increased or added damage flask (sulphur or better)

9. Do you have some increased attack speed and/or area damage on some of your jewels? (check mine in guide for reference)

If all of these check out and DPS still seems low, post current tree, jewels and items and I'll have a closer look.

Good luck.
Re: HOT buff on sword. I Believe it buffs the added at damage only.
Hey, thats the reason i posted the link to my character profile where you should be able to see my current tree/gear etc - i try to farm up, but like i said, im new and i cant buy all the good stuff :(

so some advice where i should invest in first or something like that would be nice, because right now i feel kind of stuck... :-(
Re: Elayis' request for advice:

Please understand that, though I try to take time to respond to questions, reviewing a posted tree and gear during my workday may be beyond what I am able to do at a given time.

That said, I was able to take a look at Elayis' and have the following suggestions on how to build your dps, which may also be helpful to others:

Tree:
1. Heart of the gladiator is significant at 12% attack speed + accuracy. You will notice a bump when you get there.

2. Ditch Conqueror's potency for a jewel with 8%+ attack speed and some area damage

3. Take the jewel slot to the left of Charisma and slot another jewel with 8%+ attack speed and area damage

4. After the above, get the jewel slot left of golem's blood and do the same thing.

The damage jewels can really be quite significant in this build.

Gear:

1. Upgrade your rings! look for a minimum of 30% wed on each. If you can get them also with added lightning, even better. Right now your rings are a virtual dead zone for dps.

2. Upgrade your amulet: The crafted flat lightning is better than nothing, but 30%+ WED will have much more impact on your dps.

3. Upgrade Wrath, HOT, and added lightning: Your Wrath and HOT are only lvl 16, and your added lightning lvl 18. If you can find a good deal on them, upgrade all of these to lvl 19 or 20 and you will see a significant bump in dps.

Do each of the above things as you can afford them and you should see the kind of dps you desire.

Good Luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info