[2.6/3.0] [HC, Videos in Comments] Fidelitas's Trickster Cyclone--Uber Iz down

Primary reason to choose trickster: Cyclone has a huge mana cost compared to other melee skills. Usually this requires either blood magic (no auras) or devoting nodes and gear to sustain Mana. Walk the aether is huge both for the constant dps bonus and for entirely dispensing with the need to deal with the Mana problem, freeing up extra resources for damage/life. In the pure lightning cyclone a trickster can reserve almost 100% of Mana for extra damage with the charisma nodes. (Wrath, HOT and blasphemy conductivity)

Re Frenzy charges: I prefer to invest in damage that is available all or almost all the time. Frenzy charges tend to go down in boss fights (unless you are a raider) so I prefer not to rely on them. Wake of destruction provides more consistent dps than vectors in this build, hence the choice.

Hope that is useful
I got one more question to OP, why whirling blades over leap slam? I understand that whirling blades are faster movement, but leap slam seems so more universal (allowing to jump cliffs), and in Lab it's a huge difference. Is it just down to personal preference?

Whirling blades feel much more smooth, but I hate how it stops on any obstacle when you least need it. Also I am not sure why leap slam feels THIS slow, as I had ancestral warchief marauder and he was leaping much faster even with 2h axe.
Would this build work as eva/es based without IR? Probably with defensive chest like kintsugi, qotf or daresso's defiance. Another option is to go more into witch area grabbing es and area nodes as well as ghost reaver for es leech and still having lgoh. However i'm not sure if this gonna work and what nodes to sacrifice for that.
"
Would this build work as eva/es based without IR? Probably with defensive chest like kintsugi, qotf or daresso's defiance. Another option is to go more into witch area grabbing es and area nodes as well as ghost reaver for es leech and still having lgoh. However i'm not sure if this gonna work and what nodes to sacrifice for that.

It certainly is possible, but you would likely need to stack chaos resist, which right now you negate mostly by life leech. Also phys dmg from mobs would be more scary, especially mods like extra crit chance/multi map mod would feel very rippy. Another factor is cost of the gear, now you can fantastically utilize eva/armor hybrid gear with EVA shield which are not really competed for much on market. It's part of the reason why I liked the build so much at first look... it's cheap, it's effective, it's not hard to gear sufficiently for. Great league starter with nice potential to fare far with gear investments.

Only thing I really wish for is more AOE on cyclone, that's why I will likely go for Carcass Jack chest and inc. AOE gem instead of light. penetration. For now, damage is certainly more than sufficient (I am lvl 75 atm, we will see how it does on T10-14 maps).
Last edited by ixxxo on Mar 16, 2017, 7:56:41 AM
Re: Whirling blades>Leap slam

WB, imo, is the best tactical escape in the game. My experience is that even a fast leap slam does not move you out of the area as reliably as whirling blades. I accept the inconvenience of needing to go around obstacles for the superior defensive capability. Ymmv.

Re: Eva/es instead of IR:. You could certainly retool the build to do this, perhaps with ghost reaver. However I agree with the individual that already replied that this would likely make the build more expensive and ultimately less tanky against big phys hits. Given our life pool, leech and lgoh, I have a strong preference for incoming consistent physical damage over intermittently spikier physical damage.

Re:Carcass Jack: actually a reasonable choice, though if I have to pick above T8/T9 I prefer the extra damage of pen in a sixth link over the now-nerfed extra aoe of a carcass. A 6L Carcass would be lovely and probably quite playable, though you give up a chunk of life over a solid 6L. Also, the 6L carcass is getting into very expensive territory.
is there any videos of this build in action?
Last edited by mrmarcus on Mar 17, 2017, 4:35:37 AM
Out of curiosity, why did you not pick up Vaal Pact? You get plenty of leech, its only 1 extra point, and it nets you another slot for more damage instead of LGoH.

However, I'm currently using this build and it rocks!
"
Orion72 wrote:
So, I died

Coulda told you that was gonna happen. No idea why people play hardcore, but anyways.
Re: ES tree

I am actually starting a new experiment with something very similar to the tree you propose. It looks promising. I will let you know how I do.

Re: Told ya so

Didn't look like you read the rest of the message about -how- I died. That said, of course hardcore players know that that 99.99% the char will die at some point. I find the heightened experience of knowing that you get only one chance with a given character rewarding. Every decision matters more. Every victory is sweeter. Yes ultimate defeat can be crushing, but we pick ourselves back up and re-roll again. It's a different mindset. ymmv

Re: Why not Vaal Pact?

I have personally been more comfortable having some base level of regen. Also, because we have such a high attack speed, we are usually leeching at 25% of our life total anyway, and I found the combination of that and LGOH to be sufficient. That said, I am planning to experiment with Vaal Pact instead of LGOH in the next iteration of the build, so I don't think your idea is a bad one. Just a stylistic choice. Very glad you are enjoying the build. These guides (to me) are always meant to be a jumping off point--If you have found yourselves inspired to try these variations on the theme, I am most gratified.

Re: Videos

I am embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to make videos of my play. If one of you felt like replying to this post with step by step instructions, I would love to learn so that I could share some of my encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info