Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] First Snow Freezing Pulse Inquisitor

Great guide, I am doing the same build. If you could buy either a great weapon and a 5L ES body armour or the halcyon amulet what would you buy first? Just dropped an exalt. Also, for your single target do you swap something for slower proj?
I was also wondering why you did not go dual curse?
such a nice build.. thanks for sharing!

Question: I seem to be having issues with keeping enough mana. Is life leech almost a necessity for smooth play? Or mayhaps I have something wrong...?

playing not this build but still FP inquis.
and at lvl 73 i have around 33k dps. which feels...sometimes good,sometimes normal. but...i dont know how to raise this dps to ~200k like in other build. 33k isnt enough even for yellow maps for pleasure. yes,im not using controlled destruction,but its bad gem according to dps - u rly NEED moar crit. with 480% multy - its better to crit,rather than moar dmg with no crits ;)
and btw - prefer 5 link fast projectiles - MUCH more pleasure to play,better dmg from gem,better dmg from FP mechanic(it will do more dmg now at the same distance) and long fast pulses for nice clear.
mana feels smooth , i think maybe dont even need clarity(but i steel use it). and ofc no mana flasks.
plus,for sure im dual curse, for assasin and warlord mark.
but yeah,the only problem iv got - where to take mine dps :( i was hoping about at least 100k at 75 lvl...meh.
w/e.
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
and at lvl 73 i have around 33k dps. which feels...sometimes good,sometimes normal. but...i dont know how to raise this dps to ~200k like in other build. 33k isnt enough even for yellow maps for pleasure. yes,im not using controlled destruction,but its bad gem according to dps - u rly NEED moar crit. with 480% multy - its better to crit,rather than moar dmg with no crits ;)
and btw - prefer 5 link fast projectiles - MUCH more pleasure to play,better dmg from gem,better dmg from FP mechanic(it will do more dmg now at the same distance) and long fast pulses for nice clear.
mana feels smooth , i think maybe dont even need clarity(but i steel use it). and ofc no mana flasks.
but yeah,the only problem iv got - where to take mine dps :( i was hoping about at least 100k at 75 lvl...meh.
w/e.

Faster projectiles kills your damage since it eats up a slot. Try to get projectile speed elsewhere, like from wand, or tree, or quality on freezing pulse.

That and getting a 6L will help your damage.
"
alexviz wrote:
Great guide, I am doing the same build. If you could buy either a great weapon and a 5L ES body armour or the halcyon amulet what would you buy first? Just dropped an exalt. Also, for your single target do you swap something for slower proj?

I was also wondering why you did not go dual curse?

5L is more important for sure. I don't switch gems, but you could try to figure something out
2 curses wouldn't really benefit. You use warlord's for single target and assassin's for clearing. If you were to put warlord's on your HoI that would mean you have to drop ice bite for frenzy for little benefit. You'd also need to find +1 curse somewhere which probably means using up a ring or using a lot of tree points. The dynamic i have for curses works really well for me
"
Pracis wrote:
such a nice build.. thanks for sharing!

Question: I seem to be having issues with keeping enough mana. Is life leech almost a necessity for smooth play? Or mayhaps I have something wrong...?

Assassin's mark gives mana on kill which helps a lot. Other than that I use a mana flask for if i ever need it. You don't need life leech really. Just be careful.

"
Kartikeya wrote:
I am actually running a similar build (but dual curse), and I'm planning to take the Consecrated Ground ascendancy nodes instead of the other two, from defensive standpoint I believe this makes a lot of sense, because these nodes give you:

40% Increased Damage
25% Increased Attack / Cast Speed
4% ES Regen/sec
4% Mana Regen/sec
***Immunity to Elemental Status Effects***
(Minor but still nice) 4% Health Regen/sec for your golem. If you were ZO and not VP (Wouldn't recommend) this would become ES regen.

This is always up because it lasts 8 seconds and occurs 25% on kill, 25% when hit from Asc, on demand from a Sulphur Flask (Overflowing is Sulphur base), and if you decide to wear it, Gifts from Above will drop the ground whenever you crit, which I plan on using once I can get my other resists sorted.
The problem with that is if your clear speed is decent you'll always be moving out of the area. That would be nice for a slow tanky build but not so much for this build
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 8, 2017, 3:17:36 AM
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
w/e.
Controlled destruction is only good if you can make up for it with more crit chance. If you can't, then you can use hypothermia which is still very good. If you want to improve your dps i'd say to not use faster projectiles. If you have my skill tree, you should have enough projectile speed to hit off screen with. Other than that, make sure your gems are leveled up and that you have the right gear and tree. You are running assassin's mark and warlords so i assume you're using blasphemy? If you are it's not very helpful since your goal is to hit from far away. On top of that it means you're missing out on damage from herald. Also, looking at your character you don't have The halcyon which is a very large boost to damage.
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 8, 2017, 3:22:31 AM
Currently playing an FP Inq as well. Nice guide, but I'd like a showcase video of the build if possible.

My main concern with using Warlord's Mark - Orb of storms is that you need to always cast OoS first before clearing, which is a huge dent to clear speed. Also OoS only covers a certain area, and in cases where there are many mobs around it's hard to sustain leech due to Warlord's Mark not being consistently applied to enemies. Also Curse Immunity maps will be your doom.

As for me, I'm using a LL gem on FP, much more reliable but also obviously a wasted link on non-dmg.

In any case, I'd like to see your OoS - Warlord's Mark combo in practice to see if it's reliable enough to drop my LL altogether.
"
khoi14021993 wrote:
Currently playing an FP Inq as well. Nice guide, but I'd like a showcase video of the build if possible.

My main concern with using Warlord's Mark - Orb of storms is that you need to always cast OoS first before clearing, which is a huge dent to clear speed. Also OoS only covers a certain area, and in cases where there are many mobs around it's hard to sustain leech due to Warlord's Mark not being consistently applied to enemies. Also Curse Immunity maps will be your doom.

As for me, I'm using a LL gem on FP, much more reliable but also obviously a wasted link on non-dmg.

In any case, I'd like to see your OoS - Warlord's Mark combo in practice to see if it's reliable enough to drop my LL altogether.
I don't really use orb of storms during the clearing part of the map, it's mostly just for single target. I'll try and upload a video tomorrow to show my play style. My ES can regen enough without being interrupted since anything that would get close enough to hit gets frozen or at least chilled.
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 8, 2017, 3:29:50 AM
"
Brinstar4 wrote:
I don't really use orb of storms during the clearing part of the map, it's mostly just for single target. I'll try and upload a video tomorrow to show my play style. My ES can regen enough without being interrupted since anything that would get close enough to hit gets frozen or at least chilled.

I see, that makes sense. However there are many monsters that out-range FP, e.g. Chimera and titties bitches. On higher maps with rippy mods like vulnerability + monster dmg, if you don't hit them first it's a one shot basically.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info