How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
You even show your failed exalted yolos in that link.

If I only have one single exalted orb during a league, what if my result is bad? where do I get another?

Farm them, target farm them.

As for failed results, yeah. A failed result doesn't make exalts useless. In fact, that they don't guarantee success just means you need more.

Look, there's something obvious going on here. If you are used to an exalt having currency value that far outweighs the crafting value, for you. Then removing that currency value can (wrongly) give the impression that it is no longer of use. It's actually the opposite.

Here's a great example. Mirror of Kalandra.

How often is it said that a Mirror is useless to a SSF player? Loads, I hear it all the time.

Now let's break it down. A mirror has dozens of uses, but with trading there are two uses which are so far ahead of the other uses that the others are obsolete. Those two being to mirror someone else's GG item or sell to another player.

Remove trading from the equation and you remove the two clear dominant uses, but in doing so you bring into play dozens more.

It actually turns out that a Mirror of Kalandra has more use in a SSF scenario, by a huge amount.

I agree with you about the MoK being very useful in a SSF setting. However, 99% of the players or better will never find one of those on the ground, irregardless of how many days/months/years they play, let alone in a 3 or 4 month league.

How many have you found? I know you've logged as much time as anyone in PoE and it would be interesting to know what a person could expect.

I still think that having 1,2 or even a half dozen found exalted orbs in a SSF league setting is pretty useless for crafting.
my ssf haul:

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
With SSF you don't know what choices to make though. Its after you find items you can make intelligent decisions. As opposed to the trade game, where, tree comes first and you buy exact items you need to supplement your predefined tree. Only reason to use regrets in trade game is life to CI transition really.

To me the big question is WHY would you fully respec an existing character based on drops? If your drops dictate a new build make a new character instead of wasting your currencies. When I play SSF I always start with something that requires no gear (FB totem these days, SRS back in the day when I started playing SSF) and decide further characters based on the drops my league starter gets.
Im a hoarder and feel like it might be time to stop picking up all chromatic items...lol

in non-SSF, thats like 100 chaos right there, and I dont see myself offcoloring any chests, but uh...I guess, cant stop wont stop

prophecy seems very,very underrated for SSF. farm coins and then you can get shit like 5L prophecy, some very usable uniques, fated uniques, etc.

like its the main source of all kinds of items/currency, along with breaches.
I think im gonna start new character. Thinking about marauder.

Off course still running on scion from time to time and masters missions.
"
de99ial wrote:
I think im gonna start new character. Thinking about marauder.

Off course still running on scion from time to time and masters missions.

maraunder is a good choice :P made one myself berserker ftw xd specially with the new boots well new xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
About the SSF Regrets (lol)

I found in my playthrougs roughly 30 Regret Orbs, I think that is enough to correct some mistakes in the tree or when you want to switch to another build.

Recently I burn nearly all of them when I decided what to do with my Raider. I thought Ice SHot would be nice. Then I thought Spectral Throw would be nice. And now I reached my final form: Frost Blades.

If you do this with ONE char, then its ok, if you want to do this with serveral chars... you need way more regrets. Obviously.

This is one thing I really like with SSF, you need to plan ahead. Or start all over again.

btw a great source for Regrets are

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Got my regalia 5L'd! Big damage increase :)

Currently tearing through maps on this character. Raider is so good for CI attack builds.

Keep finding these leaguestones

Unique strongbox galore. Ran one yesterday and got another to run today.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
systemdown wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I have no idea how some of you are doing so well. I've just about had it.
I can do T4 maps. T5 I struggle. T6 is impossible. I will never level beyond 77.

Also, the Stone of Lazhwar amulet is listed as mandatory unique for your build for it's amazing spell block

Chanced a Lapis Amulet last night.

Cheered at my desk.

So I'm doing much better now. I finished Merc Labs on the first try. Helm enchant was nothing I could use though. I ran it five more times. Died every time. Izaro does something that one shots me. Perhaps its the charge he does? I don't stop Shield Charging though so I'm not sure how it hits me. Gets me so mad though. And with all the different helm enchants, I think I'm just going to say hell with it and leave the one I have on there. Continue doing maps.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
If you get one shot by izaro in merc lab, chances are you let him buff up in previous phases too much. Several of the phases give izaro insane damage buffs. There is a wiki article on the phases http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Izaro

The best way to prevent izaro from hitting you is circling him and hugging the dude real close, never try to spank and tank unless you have ludicrous dps.

Also, dont go for multiple keys in merc lab, it aint worth it.

Personally, i have been rather lucky with stuff on my own. Starting to get gear for a nice Gladiator
Spoiler

Hoping for a varunastra, but the axe should come to about 300 dps either way. Need an anvil before even thinking about starting him though. (but i'd rather use BF than some shit skill. Maybe cleave, i do have the treshhold jewel after all)

The earthquake slayer is coming along nicely too, i found that there is basically no reason to ever switch out inc aoe and conc effect anymore with the aoe changes, which is kind of stupid.

And yes, poison does shittons more DPS than void manipulation does, i tried. Even with no damage over time nodes or much double dipping on the tree whatsoever. Kind of sad, really.

Not getting as many drops as i had hoped, but he farms fast and safe, and i'd have made a ton of currency if i didnt have the attention span of a goldfish with builds and go like "oooh, there is a chest that i could use for x build, lets 5 link that shit!"

Going to try and do uber lab when i hit 85, flip gems and roll something new with the enchants i throw on helmet(s).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info