How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
You even show your failed exalted yolos in that link.

If I only have one single exalted orb during a league, what if my result is bad? where do I get another?

Farm them, target farm them.

As for failed results, yeah. A failed result doesn't make exalts useless. In fact, that they don't guarantee success just means you need more.

Look, there's something obvious going on here. If you are used to an exalt having currency value that far outweighs the crafting value, for you. Then removing that currency value can (wrongly) give the impression that it is no longer of use. It's actually the opposite.

Here's a great example. Mirror of Kalandra.

How often is it said that a Mirror is useless to a SSF player? Loads, I hear it all the time.

Now let's break it down. A mirror has dozens of uses, but with trading there are two uses which are so far ahead of the other uses that the others are obsolete. Those two being to mirror someone else's GG item or sell to another player.

Remove trading from the equation and you remove the two clear dominant uses, but in doing so you bring into play dozens more.

It actually turns out that a Mirror of Kalandra has more use in a SSF scenario, by a huge amount.
Casually casual.

Anuhart what does your sig mean?

Found this baby now just need about 120 regret orbs to reconfig my build lol.

This is my main issue with SSF NOT ENOUGH REGRETS. I already spent all passives and regrets to recong at like 60 and 80 when I found something else. Sigh.

I'm starting to think SSF needs two play throughs. Once just be sub optimal generic. Then once I hit like 90 and have a bunch of shit start a new toon based on that. Or more regrets.

Drops are fine otherwise. I'm hitting 90 today when I get home today. red maps.

But journey of my mara has been arond the tree.

started as a caster then about 60 I found Kaoms axe. Reconfig to phys axe. Went into zerker for DPS and the leech/mana.

Then I found Malfeaseance reconfig into poison phys axe.

Now I want elemental axe.

These are totally different trees even though same family! Axe attacker!
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 29, 2017, 3:49:48 PM
You've got to consider re-rolling. You're not SSF unless you do. You're just faking it and hoping the game adapts to you.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This is my main issue with SSF NOT ENOUGH REGRETS.

Here's the thing about SSF and regrets.

GGG's vision was that choices mattered. There was no way to simply fully respec your tree, by design. Choices you made had consequences and it also encouraged rerolling another character rather than just respeccing.

The weird thing was, a full respec in the unrestricted trade model that they championed was as simple as 'WTB 50 regrets' (depending on how many you needed).

The vision they had re respecs was real in SSF, a playstyle they abhorred, but totally unreal in the trade game they pushed.

So yeah, it's not that regrets are 'not enough' in SSF, it's that they are too available in trade.

That said, if you really don't want to reroll (although you should), you can farm them. Div cards give them, they drop, then you can trade up all lesser currencies to regrets. I once monumentally liquidated everything I had below regrets at the vendor when I wanted to respec. Including going all the way from 7,168 portal scrolls to a single regret :P (wisdoms were too precious).

Opportunity, time and orb value not worth it to grind/vendor them out? Reroll, simple as that :)
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 29, 2017, 4:33:02 PM
Great.

I spent my time searching for normal copies of a item.
Then chanced the item many many times.
Finally got my unique.
Didn't think to myself you could have gotten this easier.

I like being able to play the way I want to play and not feeling like I am not playing with all the resources I could.

Long live Hardcore SSF (until I die of course)
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

GGG's vision was that choices mattered. There was no way to simply fully respec your tree, by design. Choices you made had consequences and it also encouraged rerolling another character rather than just respeccing.

The weird thing was, a full respec in the unrestricted trade model that they championed was as simple as 'WTB 50 regrets' (depending on how many you needed).

The vision they had re respecs was real in SSF, a playstyle they abhorred, but totally unreal in the trade game they pushed.

So yeah, it's not that regrets are 'not enough' in SSF, it's that they are too available in trade.

That said, if you really don't want to reroll (although you should), you can farm them. Div cards give them, they drop, then you can trade up all lesser currencies to regrets. I once monumentally liquidated everything I had below regrets at the vendor when I wanted to respec. Including going all the way from 7,168 portal scrolls to a single regret :P (wisdoms were too precious).

Opportunity, time and orb value not worth it to grind/vendor them out? Reroll, simple as that :)

I had like 95 regrets(used like 20 recently) after playing three characters up to 85+ anecdotal but in my opinion they drop enough to make corrections or build shifts?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

With SSF you don't know what choices to make though. Its after you find items you can make intelligent decisions. As opposed to the trade game, where, tree comes first and you buy exact items you need to supplement your predefined tree. Only reason to use regrets in trade game is life to CI transition really.

in std where I have player cap 24 toons I could "repect" whole toon - just grab another fresh guy who's passive was reset by one of the patches when I found something GG. And I'm sure one day I'll have same opportunity in SSF standard, but as of now - I see like 3-4 re-rolls I need to make. Not just my Mara - found some decent CI gear and PoH.

I think if they go SSF they will have to free up tree and/or drop more regrets. Player retention would be terrible if every-time they found a GG item they had to re-roll. Thats all I'm saying. You don't notice because you proly have 24+ toons and can re-roll at will. Not to mention your time in the game is not the norm to say the least. Don't take offense to this but I would not use your experience to make overall game design for the 99%.
Git R Dun!
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I had like 95 regrets(used like 20 recently) after playing three characters up to 85+ anecdotal but in my opinion they drop enough to make corrections or build shifts?

Peace,

-Boem-

Once maybe. Assuming no bandits or Ascendancy because that could cost 90 regrets alone. But try going from crit caster who hovers in North end of tree to RT attacker (south). Then from phys to elemental. I've used like 90. Not enough and have not done any bandits/ascendancy.
Git R Dun!
Well i did say "corrections and build shifts", not a whole go from scratch reset :p

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
I agree, but the chances that your yolo will still be lousy is still far higher than of it ever being decent or good.

The ignorance of the PoE community, on the whole, of how easy crafting a high ES chest is, what the odds of rolling good v shit mods are and the importance and usefulness thereof in exalted orbs is astounding.

One day there will be global light bulbs popping on above the hydra heads of the PoE community to an extent that light radius will be obsolete.

Truer words were never spoken.

Not to mention how easy you can make yourself ready for CI, you dont Need an eye of chayula by a long shot. Decent attack speed and kaoms roots, something that is completely trivial to get. Then you just need a regalia an a es shield of ilvl 75, no matter how unlucky you are with regaling, you'll have 7k es and none of the CI downsides after day two, at most. (Two long days, say a weekend)

kaoms roots gets my vote vor mvp unique of this league, by the by. They are ridiculously powerful and versatile for how accessible they are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info