How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Typically about this time in the league I'd like to show off some things here, but I really don't have anything remotely good yet. I am interested in an opinion though: Is this worth spending currency to craft vs. Elder + Pristine (Saintly Chainmail is my best option there)?

Would have to hit the Anul (75%) and then Prefixes Can't Be Changed, Scour Multimod. In the end it could be a pretty nice chest, but generally I want to save those exalts for a weapon. Anyway, I welcome anybody's opinion on that.

Edit: OK, my boots are OK:
Last edited by nice_guy_threeve on Jul 26, 2019, 11:03:52 AM
"
Typically about this time in the league I'd like to show off some things here, but I really don't have anything remotely good yet. I am interested in an opinion though: Is this worth spending currency to craft vs. Elder + Pristine (Saintly Chainmail is my best option there)?

Would have to hit the Anul (75%) and then Prefixes Can't Be Changed, Scour Multimod. In the end it could be a pretty nice chest, but generally I want to save those exalts for a weapon. Anyway, I welcome anybody's opinion on that.

Edit: OK, my boots are OK:

Well it's not that much different from the chest I've been using. Cyclone has been so strong that I left this at 5. I'm probably not going to 6-link it since I'm close to completing Celestial Justicar.

So if it were me I'd probably 5-link it and use that until something better comes around or if you have the currency to multimod a chest.

this is what im looking forward to.

i just started playing SSF again in legion. i tried it once in legacy league but gave up mid maps. but now its so insanely enjoyable its insane!

there are a ton of great elements but i think what makes it so fun and good for me is

1) you actually experience the game. you can't just buy your way into atziri or fossils or w/e, you actually have to go play those aspects of the game to get the things you want/need

2) instead of playing the lazy boring way of farming one map over and over just to accumulate currency to buy what you need/want, you have to really broaden out what you do and what you look for

3) the crafting. good god the crafting! again, in SSF you're not always comparing the risk vs reward and thinking about guaranteed currency. in trade leagues its basically never worth it to gamble. take the guaranteed currency and be on your way. in SSF gambling is what you got to do.

so i can't wait to get to a point where im fairly established and can actually gamble things. put your 6L bow on the line and slam it with that corrupted temple!

i haven't gotten great stuff yet. only been playing for like 3 days, but i did farm up a storm cloud (playing toxic rain trickster) and got the lowest possible roll (36% atk spd). SUCKS. oh well, move on, i was doing merc lab and got a divine. i promptly slammed it on the bow and KAPOW got 49% atk spd, one off perfect. i almost nutted.

then in a map i got a tabula drop, cause i wasn't getting lucky with the cards. boom!
3 maps later i got a belly of the beast!

this shit is epic. i am convinced it is the way this game is supposed to be experienced
After 2 weeks of hardcore grinding, going back to work, so here is my final cyclone slayer build.
Spoiler

And few notable drops.
Spoiler

Now im going back to casual play. Good luck and stay sane exiles.
Good luck!
Grinding up a Frost Blades toon. Level 87 now, shouldn't be hard to get to ~92 pretty quickly.

My gear:
Spoiler

Gonna pick up some more life nodes first, but then planning on equipping this in a convenient jewel node:
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
It is funny that this jewel dropped in SSFHC while I was trying so hard to farm it in SSFSC but at least I got the challenge completed:

And got a lucky craft:
"
xMustard wrote:
then in a map i got a tabula drop, cause i wasn't getting lucky with the cards. boom!
3 maps later i got a belly of the beast!

this shit is epic. i am convinced it is the way this game is supposed to be experienced

That's lucky asf :') still no belly here xD
loot has been a pain in the arse for me sadly still enjoying it though because it's ssf never know what you will find ^^

happy to hear ur enjoying it :D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
xMustard wrote:

Yeah I have a hard time playing trade league once I moved over to SSF.

Typically what I do now is start the league SSF. Create a starter build to grind. Make a few builds as best as I can (this league I did like 7). Kill Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, et al.

After all of my league goals are done, I move one character over to trade with whatever leftover currency I have to mess around with some items on trade.

I always wanted to mess with Zerphi's Heart but that thing was like 50ex or something crazy at one point... this league it was only 5ex so I moved a character over to play with it!

Glad you enjoy SSF. Hope you find some cool stuff.

I broke a new record and my total SSF exalt count was 41. Then I ended up dropping 3 more in trade lol...

I think I'm blessed this league.
Anyone have thoughts on how else to improve my gear? Running a fairly cookie-cutter RT starforge cyclone slayer. Notable fun drops: Tornado shot enchant on dex helm, 1 fiend. Currently working on:

-Farming Kaom's (5/8 King's heart cards)
-Getting a watcher's eye
-6L starforge
-Trying to find damn elreon rings in betrayal (have done 2 and a half masterminds, elreon just not dropping -mana cost unveils)
-Farming alterations for eventual fortify weapon

Enchant your gloves?
Find a better enchant for your boots? (Just my opinion)
Try Vaaling your 20Q gems? (the ones that are not Vaaled already ofc)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 29, 2019, 8:34:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info