How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Not a big fan of Devoto's for that build. No health. Damage decreased. You can probably do better with a good rare. You should also be putting the incubators on your BEST item, the one you're least likely to want to swap out.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 29, 2019, 8:39:45 PM
"
blu3fireball wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on how else to improve my gear? Running a fairly cookie-cutter RT starforge cyclone slayer. Notable fun drops: Tornado shot enchant on dex helm, 1 fiend. Currently working on:

-Farming Kaom's (5/8 King's heart cards)
-Getting a watcher's eye
-6L starforge
-Trying to find damn elreon rings in betrayal (have done 2 and a half masterminds, elreon just not dropping -mana cost unveils)
-Farming alterations for eventual fortify weapon

1) You have built around "good resitance items with low life" This is always not good in the long run because it will gear lock you. I would say replace that stygian vise as soon as you can as you are missing out on a ton of life there.

2) Have to keep grinding syndicate Elreon to get his ring craft so you can ditch that one and actually craft a decent - mana skills ring. This is pretty RNG dependent so you just gotta go with the flow there.

3) Potentially start grinding elder maps to drop an elder chest base pure armor, armor evasion. This will give you something to craft on when you Delve for fossils. If you can get a good - mana cost chest it will really free up some of your other options. If you are going Kaom's Heart then you have to get that Starforge 6L'd... but I'm sure you already are doing that :D

4) Also... as a slayer... What on earth made you play RT??!? It's so easy to crit cap now just from the tree and ascendancy alone. Accuracy is super easy to get on the tree as well. It makes no sense to go RT especially with a starforge. I would switch to crit if I were you. The extra damage will make it so you kill things much faster which will make you feel safer.

Last edited by Prizy on Jul 30, 2019, 11:49:12 AM
A real 6L is the one thing missing for me this League.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Prizy wrote:
"
blu3fireball wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on how else to improve my gear? Running a fairly cookie-cutter RT starforge cyclone slayer. Notable fun drops: Tornado shot enchant on dex helm, 1 fiend. Currently working on:

-Farming Kaom's (5/8 King's heart cards)
-Getting a watcher's eye
-6L starforge
-Trying to find damn elreon rings in betrayal (have done 2 and a half masterminds, elreon just not dropping -mana cost unveils)
-Farming alterations for eventual fortify weapon

1) You have built around "good resitance items with low life" This is always not good in the long run because it will gear lock you. I would say replace that stygian vise as soon as you can as you are missing out on a ton of life there.

2) Have to keep grinding syndicate Elreon to get his ring craft so you can ditch that one and actually craft a decent - mana skills ring. This is pretty RNG dependent so you just gotta go with the flow there.

3) Potentially start grinding elder maps to drop an elder chest base pure armor, armor evasion. This will give you something to craft on when you Delve for fossils. If you can get a good - mana cost chest it will really free up some of your other options. If you are going Kaom's Heart then you have to get that Starforge 6L'd... but I'm sure you already are doing that :D

4) Also... as a slayer... What on earth made you play RT??!? It's so easy to crit cap now just from the tree and ascendancy alone. Accuracy is super easy to get on the tree as well. It makes no sense to go RT especially with a starforge. I would switch to crit if I were you. The extra damage will make it so you kill things much faster which will make you feel safer.

1-3) Yeah working on these. Still need to 6L the starforge in either case.
4) Oh interesting, I've fished around a little bit with changing out of RT but don't feel like I have the accuracy to make up for it. Hadn't ever thought to change up the tree to get Impact/Overwhelm, will try that later. Thanks!
I have a 0% Annulment success rate so far this league. I think I've used four, but three were memorable:

1. I rolled an Exquisite Blade to T1 crit chance, then hit Flaring on the Augment. The Regal was Strength. First Annul hit Crit, Second Annul hit Flaring. RIP.

2. I decided that I would indeed like to MultiMod my Body Armor with Temple Life and 3 suffixes. Annul hit the Temple Prefix. RIP.

I really wish annulment orbs were more common so I could screw myself over more often.

PS. For an SSF player I can be really greedy.
ya annuls are pretty rare, like divine/exalt rare. im waiting to get one in order to throw on some boots to try to multimod decent two step boots so i can have a good mix of resistance, life, and 30% movement speed.

really good boots are hard to come by
my SSF HC Legion Facebreaker Cyclone Impale Champion is now level 96 and the best character I've created to date. six linked my armor after weeks of farming and converting every Transmute/augment/alt/jeweler. Completed almost all maps through tier 15. Cyclone, Impale, and Vaal Molten Shell all seem too strong so I expect this build to be moderately to heavily nerfed by one or two leagues from now... but for now, Master of Metal + Facebreaker + Impale is pretty insane for how budget it is.

New boot's and sword

"
xMustard wrote:
this is what im looking forward to.

i just started playing SSF again in legion. i tried it once in legacy league but gave up mid maps. but now its so insanely enjoyable its insane!

there are a ton of great elements but i think what makes it so fun and good for me is

1) you actually experience the game. you can't just buy your way into atziri or fossils or w/e, you actually have to go play those aspects of the game to get the things you want/need

2) instead of playing the lazy boring way of farming one map over and over just to accumulate currency to buy what you need/want, you have to really broaden out what you do and what you look for

3) the crafting. good god the crafting! again, in SSF you're not always comparing the risk vs reward and thinking about guaranteed currency. in trade leagues its basically never worth it to gamble. take the guaranteed currency and be on your way. in SSF gambling is what you got to do.

so i can't wait to get to a point where im fairly established and can actually gamble things. put your 6L bow on the line and slam it with that corrupted temple!

i haven't gotten great stuff yet. only been playing for like 3 days, but i did farm up a storm cloud (playing toxic rain trickster) and got the lowest possible roll (36% atk spd). SUCKS. oh well, move on, i was doing merc lab and got a divine. i promptly slammed it on the bow and KAPOW got 49% atk spd, one off perfect. i almost nutted.

then in a map i got a tabula drop, cause i wasn't getting lucky with the cards. boom!
3 maps later i got a belly of the beast!

this shit is epic. i am convinced it is the way this game is supposed to be experienced

This post seems to scratch an itch that I haven't been able to get rid of for awhile.

This league I played MF Deadeye and I even got a HH with all the fruits on the cake and even made another Jugg and got some pretty hefty gear on that one too, but still am not satisfied with the game and I feel like my hunger is still there. I will give SSF a try.

Edit: seems to be like a completely different game in SSF.
Don't try to hold it, flow with it.
Last edited by Silovoid on Aug 3, 2019, 6:39:19 PM
Well the 6-link RNG train came rolling in big time this past week. Bases aren't the best but I'm not complaining. The shaper chest was a lucky fuse roll. One from Dapper Prodigy, one from Chains that Bind, and another from an incubator.

In other news, I tried Uber Elder for the first time with my Slayer and promptly got my face melted. It's all good though. Need to retool him for some more defenses and get the mechanics of the fight down and I think I can do it eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info