Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

And GGG is at it again - not giving a fuck and making Standard shit again.

This is why I'm holding my money and not buying every supporter pack. I would, but being as neglect as this to Standard is dumb. Pull your shit together, please.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
And GGG is at it again - not giving a fuck and making Standard shit again.

This is why I'm holding my money and not buying every supporter pack. I would, but being as neglect as this to Standard is dumb. Pull your shit together, please.

I had a thought about the whys of this.

Tinfoil hat time....

They will expect pure standard players to be more likely to play the temp leagues this period.

A few weeks into temp leagues, populations drop off, players that play both standard and leagues tend to go back to standard, maybe play some of their OP characters to 100.

This time we are getting 3.0 beta, which will have a buy in.

GGG will be wanting to exploit the temp league drop off/boredom with beta access buy ins, exploit it even more if permanent league players and would-be-returners have a fucked up 3 months with no old-league/unique access.

People like me are just collateral damage.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 6, 2017, 4:57:14 AM
I honestly wouldn't go as far as that (while it still is an option, even if highly improbable), and instead I think that it is an oversight due to team getting bigger. A simple oh derp moment, if you will.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
I honestly wouldn't go as far as that (while it still is an option, even if highly improbable), and instead I think that it is an oversight due to team getting bigger. A simple oh derp moment, if you will.

I've come to learn that GGG are quick to answer and admit to accidents, oversights and mistakes.

It's the predetermined shady shit they remain silent about.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 6, 2017, 5:13:17 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

I've come to learn that GGG are quick to answer and admit to accidents, oversights and mistakes.

It's the predetermined shady shit they remain silent about.

I kinda agree here. Imho:
-if it was done by mistake/oversight, they would've said smtg by now ( and fix).
-if it had to be done like that 'cause that's how their code works, they would've said smtg.
But they didn't...

Edit: btw from patch notes 2.6.0
"
New Zana Mods for Legacy League

while patch notes 2.5.0
"
Zana League Mods Available During 2.5.0:

and 2.4.0
"

Zana League Mods Available During 2.4.0
(all quotes from Bex_GGG)
so idk why the different wording? Maybe the original idea was to have different zana mods but was impossible/forgot to implement?
I'd love an official answer from GGG now.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Mar 6, 2017, 6:22:43 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
I kinda agree here. Imho:
-if it was done by mistake/oversight, they would've said smtg by now ( and fix).
-if it had to be done like that 'cause that's how their code works, they would've said smtg.
But they didn't...

Edit: btw from patch notes 2.6.0
"
New Zana Mods for Legacy League

while patch notes 2.5.0
"
Zana League Mods Available During 2.5.0:

and 2.4.0
"

Zana League Mods Available During 2.4.0
(all quotes from Bex_GGG)
so idk why the different wording? Maybe the original idea was to have different zana mods but was impossible/forgot to implement?
I'd love an official answer from GGG now.

From 2.3
"
Zana League Mods Available During 2.3.0

And 2.2 was when they first introduced the shuffle of Zana mods.
"
Zana Changes

So we had an uninterrupted boiler plate wording from the very first shuffling Zana right up to 2.6, when it changed to quite strangely, specifically state for the league.

Why?
Casually casual.

That's pretty messed up ....
I hope that GGG will communicate about this very very soon ://.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 6, 2017, 6:53:02 AM
I'm lucky enough to still be a scrub in standard. I didn't use map mods that often because I was waiting to start doing Tier 11 to 15 before I started burning currency like a bush fire in a weed field.

But just as a gamer, it's visibly lazy. It's like the conversation went like this:

Dev A: We're doing Leaguestones.
Dev B: Cool.
Dev C: What about Zana map mods in standard though? Won't they conflict eventually?
Dev A: You're right.
Dev B: We should do something.
Dev A: Ok Dev C, I want you to cook up a new set of Zana mods for standard that won't conflict with Leaguestones if they're ever introduced into Standard.
Dev C: Ok, how long do I have?
Dev A: 20 minutes.

Life and Damage are, for RPGs, the two go-to difficulty tweaks. It's like they started plotting new Zana mods by every trait in the game, got 1/10th of the way into it and just went "You know what, fuck it."

If I were doing Red Tier maps consistently right now, I'd be pissed. The only reason I'm not pissed is because it currently doesn't impact my game. Glad I ran a couple Perandus maps once just to see what it was like......
"We're pilgrims in an unholy land."
I don't use Zana league mods all the time, in fact I mostly don't.

But what I do is farm currency then farm cards, the currency farm doesn't use Zana mods, the cards farm does, I'll mix it up with different Zana mods. While doing this I collect bases to chance.

Every so often I'll try to chance a league base. It's a long game, my gameplay is always leading up to something, I don't trade, there's quite a deep game when you don't trade. Accumulating the chaos via recipes which use items from other recipes, which use items from other recipes, accumulating the chance orbs which means utilising every unique drop, filtering bases to turn them into chance orbs recipe, farming up alchs to assist in recipes. There's a multi-layered, intertwining multitude of recipes, items, filters and farm methods which all build up to periodic legacy Zana mod chancing.

Suddenly 2.6 comes and I'm sat on 1,500 white Leather Belts, 3,000 Perandus Coins, 500 white Moonstone Rings, 180 chaos, 100 alchs, 900 chances and a load of uniques ready to recipe into chance orbs.

I'm probably something like 10,000 Leather Belts in and several thousand Moonstone Rings in so far, it's the long game.

Now it's just pulled away, just like that.
Casually casual.

i think it's a really simple answer as to why they removed the zana mods in standard.

just a cheap trick to try and get standard players to start playing in the leagues.

IGN: Bluntexile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info