Content Update 2.6.0 Patch Notes

I mean patch notes are cool and all but like

this is an essay lmao

mathil/ziggy/ziz etc reading these nodes for a video and breaking it down discussing it will be a 40minute video atleast

but oh god am i excited to read this lets go
Kinetic Blast is even MORE useless against single enemies! Whooo!!!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Real Sadface.

When I saw they were going to nerf Pyre conversion, I figured I'd just have to add in Cold to Fire, but from 100% to 40%? Now I can't get rid of the last 10% cold damage, which means I can't use Elemental Equalibrium on Vortex DOT.

Along with the AOE nerfs, pretty much kills the build I was most looking forward to playing this league... bummer :(
"
Commoble wrote:
"
OSsloth wrote:
I think this patch is a better time than any to remind everyone that there's literally no reason to ever play Inquisitor, as it can't benefit from double dipping. You're always better off playing Elementalist.

And there's literally no reason to ever play Elementalist as some bosses are immune to ignite.

Hmm, one of my chars will be definitely elementalist witch... cold based. No ignite required :D

But overall to patch notes - go go go ssf :)
Can you please produce the stuff that skill planners need so they can update the build planners and give us something to toy with?

Also y u no name threshold jewels? That's a build planning item.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
Realnomis wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Sorry but this is such an horrible design decision...

Not only its stupid to remove it from progression content

but for a game that is removing difficulties to get 10 acts, you will get 10 different acts without a content that drops something you can get from level 1...

But, but... but.....

I can't come up with anything to say against that, sorry.

HORRIBLE design decision.

I know why its a GREAT design decision, and here is the answer:

People can no longer abuse bots to farm divination card strongboxes in easy content.

But i guess you already know this, since you probably are one of the people who do it. Else i see no reason why you should be this upset.

Because they remove content accessibility to player because they cannot make their game hacker safe

It's the normal player that will suffer the most from such decision
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
OSsloth wrote:
"
Ecdubs wrote:
"
OSsloth wrote:
I think this patch is a better time than any to remind everyone that there's literally no reason to ever play Inquisitor, as it can't benefit from double dipping. You're always better off playing Elementalist.

Vaal spark has been #1 build since a4 release

Incorrect. It was nerfed in every way possible.

And it's still top tier :'D

Not god tier, just top tier.
You can now only have one instance of Blade Vortex active at once.

Rip my quad damage 4 gems BV builds.(not kidding)
Kinda curious to see how its handled ingame/how blade vortex performs now.
mostly a really cool patch and im looking forward to the league.

but also, this makes vendoring my stash full of old uniques very very easy. is there anything that has its stats buffed that i dont have to roll with a divine orb? most of the rest (except for a couple that already are, or WILL BE -i assume- worth quite a bit more than a divine) i can just vendor/vaal and hope for drops in the new league. its just a little frustrating when many of these changes are amazing -the previously useless are now useful- and items ive been saving for just such a day are doorstops until i have dozens of divines to toss on them.

also there are a couple other instances like this one, with alt-art, and (ok it sounds trivial just before legacy league) league-specific uniques: i have an alt-art gifts from above, and apparently i cant re-roll its stats with a divine orb? so now its stuck with the cool art, and the old (deemed to be underpowered and in need of an overhaul, stats.) i dont understand why these decisions are made or if im even understanding correctly...anyone? id just like to know how/why its decided that some items can be re-rolled, and some cant, and i dont envision many players divining their peregrine helmets. (although i noticed that with a couple, using a divine orb gives the item new reduced stats, meaning the old ones are going legacy.)

other than these little quirks, the changes to the passive skill tree are pretty overwhelming on paper (this patch looks massive, obviously a lot of hard work went into so GJ guys!), it looks like a lot has changed!
Last edited by awave on Feb 28, 2017, 11:30:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info