[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
bashtart wrote:
"
coaa wrote:
Great build, thank you for this! I never played spark and still regret not playing during the vaal spark hayday. It looked fun but being meta made all of the items disgustingly priced so I stayed away from it like the plague.

I started as a sunder char to farm currency, which went quite well. I had around 15ex to spend, and another 20+ ex if I liquidated my sunder char gear. I started leveling an inq using the volatile dead / cremation builds going around. For leveling it was pretty fun but once I hit maps I absolutely hated it. It was clunky as heck having to desecrate, then cast VD 2-3x to kill a pack. I'm used to move > move > right click > move move > right click type builds.

In comes your build, at map level. I took the leap and bought a 5l inpulsa, tossed the rest of gear together and it was a blast. I just recently went all in and got the helm enchant, bought an almost max rolled inpulsa to work on 6l on the side (33 jew later I got 6s, 18 fuse....6l muhahaha).

Still going strong, build is very fun. Got a nice pair of shaper faster proj gloves for my spark setup. I still have room for improvement on gear. BV feels kinda clunky to use, especially having to convert it. With my spark on gloves I wont be able to use hrim to full convert. I'm considering putting a diff skill in my chest for ST but we'll see.

Great, fun build with lots of room to toss money into it. Love it!

I am glad that you enjoying the build if you can find a better spell for single target let us know :) I am allways open for constructive suggestions to improve the build.

I'm gonna be messing with ball lightning the next few days. There is another build on temp forums called like the lazerbeam ball lightning. I'm gonna try his single target setup and swap gems around as we WANT to shock using our chest for the juicy extra damage and he uses elemental focus. I guess we could still proc the chest by quickly casting spark, or using vinktars, even slotting vaal lightning trap, but still.

My only worry is the ST wont be as good because he not only uses slower proj, but also the helm deceleration enchant for single target. This makes it so each ball hits the same target 3+x. Like I said though, i'll mess with it and see if it's a good enough alternative.

Edit: Ball Lightning wasn't BAD per se, but it needed the helm enchant. Otherwise I was almost better off just sticking with spark. I have switched to a lightning tendrils > CWC > Glacial Cascade setup and am now testing this more. So far, it's VERY promising for ST.
Last edited by coaa on Dec 20, 2017, 4:50:27 PM
sorry for noob question, but, why chernobog is "gives so much defensive power?", +1k armor and 25 chance to block rly so strong?
"
mrshock3d wrote:
sorry for noob question, but, why chernobog is "gives so much defensive power?", +1k armor and 25 chance to block rly so strong?

Don’t worry about it... you miss the part which mskes this shield special... it is the chance of 25% to curse enemies with enfeeble on hit. With spark that means we curse or kill nearly all enemies before they even attack us.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 20, 2017, 4:56:09 PM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
mrshock3d wrote:

Don’t worry about it... you miss the part which mskes this shield special... it is the chance of 25% to curse enemies with enfeeble on hit. With spark that means we curse or kill nearly all enemies before they even attack us.

what are you going to use in place of enfeeble?
"
bashtart wrote:
"
mrshock3d wrote:

is that mean that we should use windscream for 2 curses, or drop warlords mark if we use another boots?

p.s. ty a lot for answers
Last edited by mrshock3d on Dec 20, 2017, 5:18:14 PM
I want to share for your my movie T14 Colosseum double boss. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/211231158
My account is open and u can look on my gear and tree
I just enchanted a Lightpoacher with +3 spark projectiles, and I was wondering what you would recommend for incorporating that into the build. I know I will lose a lot of survivability from dropping Starkonja's, and I'm trying to figure out where I can make that up. Any help would be appreciated.
"
bashtart wrote:
"
mrshock3d wrote:

If using this shield, does that leave us open to use voidwalkers since we won't need 2 curses and gloves with controlled destruction instead of pierce?

It's essentially a 6-link spark build with voidwalkers
Last edited by Verg93 on Dec 20, 2017, 7:29:26 PM
btw maybe we should use chernobog and windscream with 6l inpulsa spark-setup and some gloves that can boost our damage, switch spark-setup to bv on boss, then we will still have good damage, balanced with good defense.

Because if we switch to chernobog, we should switch to windscream(lose 6l spark setup with gloves and voidwalker) + lose the damage because we drop spirit shield with crit chance and spell damage.

on the other hand we really dont need so much damage on spark if we are wearing an impulsa, on my experience i never had problems with defense by t1-t13 map monsters (didnt try above), pain is delivered only by bosses, if we argue this way, then we can drop damage ez, the main thing is to become easier to cope with the bosses
i cant see chernobog beeing more than a cheap leveling unique,what are those synergies that make it so good?

yea u clear safer since u enfeeble packs but this build already clears safely imho due to alot of freezing and the only problem are bosses from what i can tell by now.

i think the just fire res on this is a problem too,for me it would at least.

the only thing i see is converting some phys dmg which could replace hrmsorrow but that means only 75% of phys dmg get converted,so its a weaker bv overall (+physdmg reflect).

i´m also going to try tpf soon since inpulsa just gives me not quite enough for an armor piece feels to much like a glasscannon armor. the thing is with another eva/es shield,everything but the helm would be eva based,shouldnt we keep that in mind or do u think mixing armor/eva/es together seemingly random is a valid option?
Last edited by ASUREX on Dec 20, 2017, 9:26:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info