[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

"
aleckmido wrote:
Heya,

i dont get the curse stuff. You got 3 Curses linked.
Vengeance - Curse on hit - Temporal Chains - Blind
Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark

How does this one make sense? Isnt there only 1 active curse?

This is 2 curses. Temporal chain and WM. When you farm you can get the Endurence charge from HoI. But when you face a boss you only apply Temporal chain. You can switch WM for AM if you want some PC

"
Insafsiz wrote:
And we need bandit quest reward. U didnt't edit that. I think we will help Alira?

Yes Alira is a strong choice. Rez are really welcome, crit is allways nice and the flat mana regen is really helpful unti you get the clow nodes.

"
neurotech wrote:
What prophecies did yall pick? What did you spend your Ascendancy points on?

Prophecie? i think you're talking about Panthéon? I pick Yugul for minor choive (Rez reflect) and Brine king for Major (Rez stun). For Ascendency : Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Quartz infusion > Avatar of the veil.

"
tesarpaul wrote:
Hello guys,

sorry for retared question but what gear should I use when I am level 45. Your gear is level 60 and above. I am totally newbie.

Thanks a lot.

You can SSF the game. I linked few item before. Remember : you need rez cap & life. You can use

untill mid game. Curently using it and they are really nice untill the eng game claw. i wish i had them before.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 9, 2017, 1:02:50 PM
I've been using Lunaris (major god) and Tukohama (minor god) as my main pantheons.

If I do lab, I switch minor to Ryslatha. If I don't feel like re-rolling an ele reflect map I'll switch to Yugul.

Personally, don't see a point in using Brine King (major). If you have all your ascendancy it's pretty much entirely useless, since when you're phasing (which is 99% of the time for me, past the first few mobs) you're immune to freeze. I either evade or dodge most things, if they have a chance of doing anything. Reduced Chill effect isn't worthwhile either, for the same reason as freeze.

Solaris (major) may be very useful for its main thing and the captured Penitentiary Incarcerator. The other two captures are useless since you really shouldn't be getting crit'd "recently" enough. I guess it could be handy if you have a bunch of maps with mob crit chance rolls and the "dodge is unlucky" mod.

Araakali (major) seems handy, tho is a little too specialized.

Overall, I much prefer Lunaris (major) because pretty much every capture is useful for mitigating/eliminating most damage that makes it past my evasion, dodge, and tiny amount of block. 10% Chance to avoid projectile (spell, attack, etc) damage is handy. 5% chance to dodge attacks+spells if oyu've been hit recently is great for bosses (and doesn't require a recent critical hit, just being hit period which, considering the bullet-hell that goes on frequently makes it pretty decent). If I partied more, the last capture would be useful but i don't often have my golem+totem up so I've not bothered unlocking it. And then there's its main thing (phys reduction and move speed for each nearby enemy), which is exceptionally useful if you're the "gotta go super fast" type, since there should usually be enemies around as you go from pack to pack.

I think Solaris may be a better choice, actually. There's a lot of AoE that goes on. But I would only use a Divine Vessel to unlock its Penitentiary Incarcerator.

Minor gods are very situational.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
I am at level 50 right now so still quite a ways away from the end game gear.

But I do have a question. Right now I am getting around 14 seconds for Frenzy up time.

How are you keeping almost 15 seconds with using the boots the lower your time by 40%? It does not appear you are taking many extra frenzy duration nodes.

Can you let me know where the frenzy duration time is coming from in your build?

"
I am at level 50 right now so still quite a ways away from the end game gear.

But I do have a question. Right now I am getting around 14 seconds for Frenzy up time.

How are you keeping almost 15 seconds with using the boots the lower your time by 40%? It does not appear you are taking many extra frenzy duration nodes.

Can you let me know where the frenzy duration time is coming from in your build?

From the passive tree, where you get the extra frenzy charges, there are 2x +18% frenzy duration.
and on the path to Avatar of Slaughter, you get another 2x +18% frenzy duration.

not too sure -50% duration will still adds up to 14 secs. dodge chance is nice though

actually while leveling, i would suggest to go with normal movement speed boots. Darkray is too dark and too slow for my liking. need ramp up the frenzy charges to get back the movement speed.
Last edited by skeithyip on Aug 9, 2017, 8:29:27 PM
just a heads up , "TOUCH OF ANGUISH" is 80c to 1ex each. that makes this buildnot really that low budget. :D
the price of the weapons was 40c when beta released, and now with real release 80c each.
"
total costs less then 100c(far less)

Guess that was before the Touch Hype right? A single one is approx 70-75c(low DPS Roll ofc) these days. ;) Still for less then 5 Ex in total its an amazing Build and i love to play it.

"
skeithyip wrote:

From the passive tree, where you get the extra frenzy charges, there are 2x +18% frenzy duration.
and on the path to Avatar of Slaughter, you get another 2x +18% frenzy duration.

This is what concerns me. I already have the 2x +18 from the tree and already have 2x +18 from Raider.

With these 4 duration additions, I have an up time of 14 seconds. But when I put the boots on when I level to them, that is going to drop to about 8 seconds.

I am clearly missing something here. I don't see how you have just those 4 duration extensions and have close to 30 seconds of up time (15 seconds with the 50% boot reduction).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 9, 2017, 8:46:07 PM
"
"
skeithyip wrote:

This is what concerns me. I already have the 2x +18 from the tree and already have 2x +18 from Raider.

With these 4 duration additions, I have an up time of 14 seconds. But when I put the boots on when I level to them, that is going to drop to about 8 seconds.

I am clearly missing something here. I don't see how you have just those 4 duration extensions and have close to 30 seconds of up time (15 seconds with the 50% boot reduction).

4x +18% = 72%
base duration = 10 secs

172% = 17.2 secs

so the reduce in duration is either this:
172% - 40% = 13.2 secs

or this:

17.2 secs - 40% = 10.32 secs

guess thats where the 14secs comes from? lol

you tried it and it went down to 8 secs?
Last edited by skeithyip on Aug 9, 2017, 9:03:20 PM
"
skeithyip wrote:
"
"
skeithyip wrote:

4x +18% = 72%
base duration = 10 secs

172% = 17.2 secs

so the reduce in duration is either this:
172% - 40% = 13.2 secs

or this:

17.2 secs - 40% = 10.32 secs

guess thats where the 14secs comes from? lol

you tried it and it went down to 8 secs?

no I am only level 50 so I can't wear the boots yet. I was just trying to understand what was going to happen once I put them on.

I am clearly not getting 17.2 seconds right now though so I need to go back and see what is wrong. It appears I might only have 3 +18% nodes, which would explain why I am seeing 15 seconds.

Thank you for your help in understanding this.
"
Sairven wrote:
I've been using Lunaris (major god) and Tukohama (minor god) as my main pantheons.

If I do lab, I switch minor to Ryslatha. If I don't feel like re-rolling an ele reflect map I'll switch to Yugul.

Personally, don't see a point in using Brine King (major). If you have all your ascendancy it's pretty much entirely useless, since when you're phasing (which is 99% of the time for me, past the first few mobs) you're immune to freeze. I either evade or dodge most things, if they have a chance of doing anything. Reduced Chill effect isn't worthwhile either, for the same reason as freeze.

Solaris (major) may be very useful for its main thing and the captured Penitentiary Incarcerator. The other two captures are useless since you really shouldn't be getting crit'd "recently" enough. I guess it could be handy if you have a bunch of maps with mob crit chance rolls and the "dodge is unlucky" mod.

Araakali (major) seems handy, tho is a little too specialized.

Overall, I much prefer Lunaris (major) because pretty much every capture is useful for mitigating/eliminating most damage that makes it past my evasion, dodge, and tiny amount of block. 10% Chance to avoid projectile (spell, attack, etc) damage is handy. 5% chance to dodge attacks+spells if oyu've been hit recently is great for bosses (and doesn't require a recent critical hit, just being hit period which, considering the bullet-hell that goes on frequently makes it pretty decent). If I partied more, the last capture would be useful but i don't often have my golem+totem up so I've not bothered unlocking it. And then there's its main thing (phys reduction and move speed for each nearby enemy), which is exceptionally useful if you're the "gotta go super fast" type, since there should usually be enemies around as you go from pack to pack.

I think Solaris may be a better choice, actually. There's a lot of AoE that goes on. But I would only use a Divine Vessel to unlock its Penitentiary Incarcerator.

Minor gods are very situational.

Overall good vision of this. I picked Brine king for the stun recover (shouldn't be prevent by Phasing no? Only aliement are prevent with that.? if i miss something i'll be happy to know ^^) the other bonus from it are pretty meh yes (for this build)

About Ele reflect rez, i was surprise 1 time with 1 monster who bearly kill me (well, i almost kill myself) and switch to it because of that.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info