[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Hi, I've been playing the game for sometime but I'm still a novice in the grand scheme of things. I'm super interested in this build and the main question I'd like to ask is: At what various levels aim I looking to use any of the gems? (Aside from wanting to level those that need to be maxed) As soon as I get them? And are there any useful leveling gems that any have found helpful? If so, when would I want to drop them? Thanks for the guide, and for those who are answering questions in advance.
"
LuckHasFallen wrote:
Hi, I've been playing the game for sometime but I'm still a novice in the grand scheme of things. I'm super interested in this build and the main question I'd like to ask is: At what various levels aim I looking to use any of the gems? (Aside from wanting to level those that need to be maxed) As soon as I get them? And are there any useful leveling gems that any have found helpful? If so, when would I want to drop them? Thanks for the guide, and for those who are answering questions in advance.

I lvled with the gem as soon as i got them (you got FB right at the begening) without issue and SSF (until Lv60+)

Edit :
yeah got my first Touch. Have to say " Pretty nice upgrade" :D
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 10, 2017, 3:57:16 AM
Why is the CWDT in the guide leveled to 20? Isn't that a bit high?

How do you handle the intelligence requirements of Curse on Hit etc?
Have been using your build guide until level 68 now and have been enjoying it a lot. But what about strength and int requirements? During my leveling i was forced to take a 30 int and 30 str node from the tree. According to your leveling guide you get the major strength/int nodes rather late in the leveling process. How did you manage?
How many frenzy charges is everyone getting? Watching the videos I see PewPewPew have 9 charges and I only get 8. I don't think i'm missing a +1 frenzy charge node on skill tree
How does this build do without 2 touch of anguish claws?
I am nowhere near ~140 c to buy 2 of them, which unique claws should i use? Or should i find good rare ones?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, first time playing frost blades.
"
neurotech wrote:
Why is the CWDT in the guide leveled to 20? Isn't that a bit high?

How do you handle the intelligence requirements of Curse on Hit etc?

For Cwdt, i assume it's because of the golem.
For Intel : Take stat from your ring/neck. I still use 2*30 stat nodes (one STR and one Int) + Primal Spirit.

"
MrSniffles3 wrote:
Have been using your build guide until level 68 now and have been enjoying it a lot. But what about strength and int requirements? During my leveling i was forced to take a 30 int and 30 str node from the tree. According to your leveling guide you get the major strength/int nodes rather late in the leveling process. How did you manage?

Same. Ring/Neck/Nodes.

"
VonMoger wrote:
How many frenzy charges is everyone getting? Watching the videos I see PewPewPew have 9 charges and I only get 8. I don't think i'm missing a +1 frenzy charge node on skill tree

In 2.6 (current vidéo) we had 1 Frenzy with bandits quest. Now it's gone. We got 7+1 (with boots)
I think.

"
domis2830 wrote:
How does this build do without 2 touch of anguish claws?
I am nowhere near ~140 c to buy 2 of them, which unique claws should i use? Or should i find good rare ones?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, first time playing frost blades.

Should take a look few post ago. Someone talk about a great claw before Touch.

Becarfull with that and Ele reflect. You cannot evade your own atack. But they are great until T5-8 map easy. When you reached that level you should be able to stack currency for Touch.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
Sairven wrote:
I've been using Lunaris (major god) and Tukohama (minor god) as my main pantheons.

If I do lab, I switch minor to Ryslatha. If I don't feel like re-rolling an ele reflect map I'll switch to Yugul.

Personally, don't see a point in using Brine King (major). If you have all your ascendancy it's pretty much entirely useless, since when you're phasing (which is 99% of the time for me, past the first few mobs) you're immune to freeze. I either evade or dodge most things, if they have a chance of doing anything. Reduced Chill effect isn't worthwhile either, for the same reason as freeze.

Solaris (major) may be very useful for its main thing and the captured Penitentiary Incarcerator. The other two captures are useless since you really shouldn't be getting crit'd "recently" enough. I guess it could be handy if you have a bunch of maps with mob crit chance rolls and the "dodge is unlucky" mod.

Araakali (major) seems handy, tho is a little too specialized.

Overall, I much prefer Lunaris (major) because pretty much every capture is useful for mitigating/eliminating most damage that makes it past my evasion, dodge, and tiny amount of block. 10% Chance to avoid projectile (spell, attack, etc) damage is handy. 5% chance to dodge attacks+spells if oyu've been hit recently is great for bosses (and doesn't require a recent critical hit, just being hit period which, considering the bullet-hell that goes on frequently makes it pretty decent). If I partied more, the last capture would be useful but i don't often have my golem+totem up so I've not bothered unlocking it. And then there's its main thing (phys reduction and move speed for each nearby enemy), which is exceptionally useful if you're the "gotta go super fast" type, since there should usually be enemies around as you go from pack to pack.

I think Solaris may be a better choice, actually. There's a lot of AoE that goes on. But I would only use a Divine Vessel to unlock its Penitentiary Incarcerator.

Minor gods are very situational.

Overall good vision of this. I picked Brine king for the stun recover (shouldn't be prevent by Phasing no? Only aliement are prevent with that.? if i miss something i'll be happy to know ^^) the other bonus from it are pretty meh yes (for this build)

About Ele reflect rez, i was surprise 1 time with 1 monster who bearly kill me (well, i almost kill myself) and switch to it because of that.

Yeah, I think as you increase your DPS reflect will become more problematic. I finally have a 5l going and even tho I can usually evade or dodge (or avoid damage via Lunaris (major)) I come pretttttty close to one-shotting myself a bit too often versus the occasional reflect rare.

Once I get a 6l going, I might have to start running Yugul most of the time.

Also of note, now that I have a 5l going, Tukohama is kinda feeling useless. The only time it's necessary is during boss fights, which are a tiny portion of maps. 90% of the time I'm flitting everywhere like Roadrunner on a murder spree.

I have a guildmate who plays this build too and uses Ralakesh, says he likes not worrying about being maimed or blinded. I never really have a problem with that, as I carry two staunching (anti-bleed) flasks. Would that minor god have an affect on corrupted blood? Not really sure.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Hi Everyone,

I'm really having a great time with this build. Love how well written it was. I'm not the most well versed when it comes to POE. I'm still a bit green around the edges and a have a ton to learn about stat priorities, etc.

I'm having trouble deciding on my FB links. With gems like Frost Bite, Cold Pen & Added Cold seems quite strong too.

I'm looking for a 5-link now and my current plan is to run FB-Elemental Attacks-Added Cold-Multistrike-Cold Pen but ultimately I decided to ask here. Should I change anything in my 5-link? Should I drop added cold for something else? or drop elemental damage for something else? How important is Cold Penetration, really?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Not sure how you can call it dirtcheap :D
At least not in league.

Touch of anguish 70c+ x 2

Running Frostblades Claw crit myself in hardbinger S. But the cost of the build is insane if you want to do anything.

2x Touch of anguish = 150c
Belly of the beast = 75c

Last edited by Nivity on Aug 10, 2017, 4:22:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info