[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

"
VonMoger wrote:
How many frenzy charges is everyone getting? Watching the videos I see PewPewPew have 9 charges and I only get 8. I don't think i'm missing a +1 frenzy charge node on skill tree

As KouboMog mentioned, we use to get one from merciless bandit quest. It would seem no replacement has been given in this expansion. To get beyond eight frenzy charges you will have to acquire corrupted Darkray Vectors or a corrupted amulet.
"
Nivity wrote:
Not sure how you can call it dirtcheap :D
At least not in league.

Touch of anguish 70c+ x 2

Running Frostblades Claw crit myself in hardbinger S. But the cost of the build is insane if you want to do anything.

2x Touch of anguish = 150c
Belly of the beast = 75c

Was really cheap in legacy league and standard, but since the nerfs and changes in 3.0 FB become very popular and the prices went up(ToA)

Belly too because 90% of the builds are life based

Last edited by leonardo35671 on Aug 10, 2017, 4:34:53 PM
"
Nivity wrote:
Not sure how you can call it dirtcheap :D
At least not in league.

Touch of anguish 70c+ x 2

Running Frostblades Claw crit myself in hardbinger S. But the cost of the build is insane if you want to do anything.

2x Touch of anguish = 150c
Belly of the beast = 75c

At the time when this build was originally posted, not much was thought of Touch of Anguish or Frost Blades. Working together they have become quite popular.

I would also point out that as far as I can see, the OP does not mention using Belly of the Beast. Sure it can be used to enhance the build but is apparently not required.
"
Touchstone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm really having a great time with this build. Love how well written it was. I'm not the most well versed when it comes to POE. I'm still a bit green around the edges and a have a ton to learn about stat priorities, etc.

I'm having trouble deciding on my FB links. With gems like Frost Bite, Cold Pen & Added Cold seems quite strong too.

I'm looking for a 5-link now and my current plan is to run FB-Elemental Attacks-Added Cold-Multistrike-Cold Pen but ultimately I decided to ask here. Should I change anything in my 5-link? Should I drop added cold for something else? or drop elemental damage for something else? How important is Cold Penetration, really?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I'm getting more DPS with Ice Bite than Added Cold. Ice Bite adds cold damage per frenzy charge. Using a lvl19 Ice Bite right now. Since I'm almost always at max charges (eight), that's "[14 to 21] added cold damage per Frenzy Charge" * 8 = 112 to 168. Which gets added to its base, which is [62 to 94]. So ~ [174 to 262] added cold damage when at max frenzy charges, which is about 99% of maps.

Versus my lvl 19 Added Cold damage which only adds [146 to 219].

Someone a few pages back mentioned this, and I'm definitely enjoying Ice Bite over Added Cold. And this isn't even factoring in all the extra awesome stuff that Ice Bite does.

I'm currently running

Frost Blades > Elemental Dmg > Multistrike > Cold Pen > Ice Bite

Most packs are dying to one or two barrages right now. I'm probably going to use Added Cold instead of Faster Attacks when I get a 6-link going.

Cold Pen is unfortunately quite necessary. Most bosses have elemental resists. And then there are plenty of enemies that have their own resistances versus cold, and it gets ramped up if they're a rare. There are plenty of far more qualified individuals who've typed about the benefits from using Resist Penetration. Just because it doesn't add numbers to your tooltip doesn't mean much. But also, resistance penetration doesn't just help versus enemies that specifically have resistance. They can go into the negative as well, which helps destroy things even faster. Since the vast majority of our damage is Cold, it's useful for large chunks of that damage to actually harm the enemy.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Touchstone wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm really having a great time with this build. Love how well written it was. I'm not the most well versed when it comes to POE. I'm still a bit green around the edges and a have a ton to learn about stat priorities, etc.

I'm having trouble deciding on my FB links. With gems like Frost Bite, Cold Pen & Added Cold seems quite strong too.

I'm looking for a 5-link now and my current plan is to run FB-Elemental Attacks-Added Cold-Multistrike-Cold Pen but ultimately I decided to ask here. Should I change anything in my 5-link? Should I drop added cold for something else? or drop elemental damage for something else? How important is Cold Penetration, really?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I was running FB>Added Cold>Multistrike>Weapon Ele>Inc. Crit Chance

Imo you dont need Cold Pen untill you hit T13+ Maps.
Hello, First off I love the build thanks for the hard work. Quick Question, Would this be viable at all for lightning strike?
Where is the pastebin?
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
neurotech wrote:
Why is the CWDT in the guide leveled to 20? Isn't that a bit high?

For Cwdt, i assume it's because of the golem.

But a level 20 CWDT means that it won't be cast until I take 3272 damage. That seems like a lot when my current HP is 3.6k?
"
neurotech wrote:
But a level 20 CWDT means that it won't be cast until I take 3272 damage. That seems like a lot when my current HP is 3.6k?

Yes.
Because of that I prefer selfcast golem and Low CWDT-IC-IncDur setup

BTW I read that if we have ToA, and Ele Focus we can still freeze. Is it true?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 11, 2017, 5:24:55 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
neurotech wrote:

Yes.
Because of that I prefer selfcast golem and Low CWDT-IC-IncDur setup

BTW I read that if we have ToA, and Ele Focus we can still freeze. Is it true?

Interresting and i don't know, it shouldn't be possible. Have to try it. I don't have the gem slot setup for but as soon as i can make some change, i will try.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info