[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

What can I do about the lack of Mana (Regeneration) when leveling? My Non-Reserved Manapool is empty really fast after a few attacks. I already use claws with a bit of Mana Regeneration and Mana potions, but this is still not enough. (sorry if this question is already answered)
"
KouboMog wrote:
edit : duno why you are lvling it, the cold debuff dosen't change with the lvl of the gem.

Hmm, you got a point here.
Well, I will have to get some Int for Frostbite or CoH anyway
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
KouboMog wrote:
edit : duno why you are lvling it, the cold debuff dosen't change with the lvl of the gem.

Hmm, you got a point here.
Well, I will have to get some Int for Frostbite or CoH anyway

apparently you're using some different gem setup, could you share it? i like making tweak around pre-made build. Have done some few thing but right now i don't have the slot & chrom for many different test.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Kicking ass with this build so far, thanks.

I see we are only getting two jewel sockets on the tree, but it seems neither of them have 40 dex in their radius for the Fight for Survival jewel... Is there something I'm missing here?
The silent majority.
FFS jewel does not require allocated Dex

"
KouboMog wrote:
apparently you're using some different gem setup, could you share it? i like making tweak around pre-made build. Have done some few thing but right now i don't have the slot & chrom for many different test.

My ranger is low level (39, as I've said), so you may want to take my words with grain of salt.
I am testing some different setups, out of curiosity.
You pointed my Frost Bomb error (I now have it in unlinked slot), so I think this setup would work (exact numbers are personal preference)
A low Level CWDTsetup: CWDT-Immortal Call-frost Bomb-Inc Duration [optional]
A standard curse setup:
Herald of Ice-Curse On hit-Assassin's Mark or FrostBite

Personally, I prefer high-level golems too (so I have to recast them manually), not in the CWDT setup. Also (maybe because I do not have awesome clear speed), Iam not a big fan of vaal skills (OTOH after last map boss buff I may have to rethink this)
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 8, 2017, 3:08:12 PM
"
Nishrek wrote:
FFS jewel does not require allocated Dex

"
KouboMog wrote:

My ranger is low level (39, as I've said), so you may want to take my words with grain of salt.
I am testing some different setups, out of curiosity.
You pointed my Frost Bomb error (I now have it in unlinked slot), so I think this setup would work (exact numbers are personal preference)
A low Level CWDTsetup: CWDT-Immortal Call-frost Bomb-Inc Duration [optional]
A standard curse setup:
Herald of Ice-Curse On hit-Assassin's Mark or FrostBite

Personally, I prefer high-level golems too (so I have to recast them manually), not in the CWDT setup. YMMV

Curiosity is not a default i think :p

If you want PowerCharge you can try :
> Orbe of storm | Power Charge on Critical | CoH | Frisbite.
(maybe i'll try this. But i've played Orbe of storm in the past, wasen't fun for me.)

Also i use Warlord's mark, got one 20% Quality from a prophecie. Could swap with Assassin's mark, but i feel i need it for now. And it help IC duration without Increased Duration.

EDIT :
"
Shatiya wrote:
What can I do about the lack of Mana (Regeneration) when leveling? My Non-Reserved Manapool is empty really fast after a few attacks. I already use claws with a bit of Mana Regeneration and Mana potions, but this is still not enough. (sorry if this question is already answered)

personnaly it was fine until i can switch to Claw. I picked Primal spirit in the early lvl. Stat & mana regen is really helpful. i like this node. Using a mana potion and running only with HoI. For the lvling you don't need hatred. You can take Essence sap and refound the passive when you don't need it anymore.

"
PanicAK wrote:
Kicking ass with this build so far, thanks.

I see we are only getting two jewel sockets on the tree, but it seems neither of them have 40 dex in their radius for the Fight for Survival jewel... Is there something I'm missing here?

This question was asked multiple time, even in this page ^^
you don't need alocated Dext node to trigger the jew, only if it's in the radius is ok.
Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 8, 2017, 3:22:10 PM
"
KouboMog wrote:
(maybe i'll try this. But i've played Orbe of storm in the past, wasen't fun for me.)

Also i use Warlord's mark, got one 20% Quality from a prophecie. Could swap with Assassin's mark, but i feel i need it for now. And it help IC duration without Increased Duration.

Yes, OoS is a quite good setup. But I am a traditionalist, if I play a ranger, I am supposed to shoot (or slash) enemies, not cast spells :P But Frost Bomb debuff is too big to ignore IMO.
IMO Warlord's is good until we get leech from a claw cluster. Because we do not have any dual-curse options some offensive curse is better IMO. We can always generate Endurance Charges with an Enduring Cry (though casting this manually is PITA)
BTW I suppose you know this but some other people may not:
Increased Duration can be leveled as high as you can, and it still works in CWDT setup
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 8, 2017, 3:22:44 PM
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
KouboMog wrote:

Yes, OoS is a quite good setup. But I am a traditionalist, if I play a ranger, I am supposed to shoot (or slash) enemies, not cast spells :P But Frost Bomb debuff is too big to ignore IMO.
IMO Warlord's is good until we get leech from a claw cluster. Because we do not have any dual-curse options some offensive curse is better IMO. We can always generate Endurance Charges with an Enduring Cry (though casting this manually is PITA)
BTW I suppose you know this but some other people may not:
Increased Duration can be leveled as high as you can, and it still works in CWDT setup

Casting EC... no thanks ^^
I want to try this FrostBomb, need just some luck with my chrom :x

edit : lul, didn't saw i can put it in my gloves ^^"
how can i get 3R 1B in a full evasion glove... ? :o
Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 8, 2017, 3:25:14 PM
"
KouboMog wrote:
I picked Primal spirit in the early lvl. Stat & mana regen is really helpful. i like this node. Using a mana potion and running only with HoI. For the lvling you don't need hatred.

I also like PS, IMO it is useful even later (especially if you do not have top-tier gear).
I use mana potion, when I run Out of mana in most cases, and it is fine
"
KouboMog wrote:
Casting EC... no thanks ^^

Well, as I said, an individual matter :D Lose some, gain some...
"
KouboMog wrote:
how can i get 3R 1B in a full evasion glove... ? :o

Good one :D
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 8, 2017, 3:30:48 PM
When we switch to claw, and thanks to Soul raker, we don't have any mana issue. Really a nice wheel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info