[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Right/bottom side of tree didn't change that much, you can easily use trees from 2.6. The only question is what bandit to choose.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Little late, but: Trees updated for 3.0!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Why dont you use added cold or ice bite or elemental dmg with attacks or elemental focus? Just wonder to know if you tested different support gems with main skill and find best option. Nice guide!
How about Pantheon and Bandits choice?
And any useful uniques for lvling? Apart from that lvl 26 rapier Ewar's Mirage
Last edited by Serart on Aug 7, 2017, 1:49:46 AM
"
icexxx wrote:
Why dont you use added cold or ice bite or elemental dmg with attacks or elemental focus? Just wonder to know if you tested different support gems with main skill and find best option. Nice guide!

Currently i'm using FB/Multistrike/Edamage and Add Cold damage. (Only have 4Linked available)
for me Add cold > Ice bit @7Frenzy (pur DPS)
both skill are 14.

Ele focus sound good but you loose the Freez effect, allways good for survive.
Cold Pen should be a must have. I'll put it as soon as i have 5L (or maybe i'll not wait. Dunno)

"
Serart wrote:
How about Pantheon and Bandits choice?
And any useful uniques for lvling? Apart from that lvl 26 rapier Ewar's Mirage

For Bandits, some of us pick Alira for Mana regen / Crit and Rez.
- Mana reg is QoL during the lvling, without any ManaLeech in the tree.
- Crit is allways welcome
- Rez helped a lot since the league just started and stuff is expensive.

For the Panthéon, i don't have all the power unlock but i stick Gruthkul but Tukohama is nice too. Maybe Ryslata is nice for boss ecounter without too many minion for Flask regen. Need the missing one to see what we have. For the major i pickied Brine king. Only have 2 here so ;)
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
i still can't decide which gems i should pick
opinions are welcome!

Frost Blades

must haves:
Multistrike
Elemental Damage with Attacks

good options in no particular order:
A) Melee Physical Damage
B) Added Cold Damage
C) Cold Penetration -> probably a must have for bosses but not for map-clear
D) Ice Bite -> should be better than Added Cold Damage with enough Frenzy Charges
E) Hypothermia
F) Faster Attacks

outsider options
1) Damage on Full Life - hard to stay at 100% life
2) Elemental Focus - no freeze anymore
3) Increased Critical Strikes
4) Fortify - i play softcore
Last edited by BeRse on Aug 7, 2017, 8:15:49 AM
"
BeRse wrote:

D) Ice Bite -> should be better than Added Cold Damage with enough Frenzy Charges

if you read me few post before. Ice bite give me less damage than Add cold (same lvl with 7 Frenzy charge)

dunno at max lvl(gem are 14) or event with quality. Everything can change.

Edit : i put Fortify on Wirling blade.
Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 7, 2017, 9:12:21 AM
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

if you read me few post before. Ice bite give me less damage than Add cold (same lvl with 7 Frenzy charge)

that can't be true

at lvl 14 Added Cold Damage adds 67-101 cold damage

at lvl 14 Ice Bite adds 38-56 cold damage plus 8-13 cold damage per Frenzy charge
7 x 8-13 = 56-91

38+56 = 94
56+91 = 147

so at 14 Ice Bite should add a total of 94-147 cold damage - which is a 40% increase over the Added Cold Damage gem ...
"
BeRse wrote:
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

that can't be true

at lvl 14 Added Cold Damage adds 67-101 cold damage

at lvl 14 Ice Bite adds 38-56 cold damage plus 8-13 cold damage per Frenzy charge
7 x 8-13 = 56-91

38+56 = 94
56+91 = 147

so at 14 Ice Bite should add a total of 94-147 cold damage - which is a 40% increase over the Added Cold Damage gem ...

Hum nice to point this. I think i forgot to put HoI again (saw that just now, was testing again)

so new numbers (Gem@lvl 16)
Without Frenzy
AddCold = 9381
IceBit = 8071

With Frenzy
AddCold = 17 206
IceBit = 18 457

IceBit beat AddCold, would b nice to see how many frenzy are needed before that. But we are fast so is it really important? i don't think. Should be better with Quality. 1% From IceBit on freezing foe (we should be able to 100% Freez unless Elemental focus) VS 0.5% For Added cold damage.

Last edited by KouboMog on Aug 7, 2017, 11:16:36 AM
Hi! your guide is awesome! got a question about boss killing.. how do you leech? I mean, your warlord's mark is attached to herald of ice, so if you don't kill, you won't be applying the curse..
Perhaps you don't leech at all, but that seems pretty bad since you spend a lot of mana..

Thanks a lot!! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info