[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Hello PewPewPew

I'm a relatively new player (first league i get to maps) and i've used your guide has helped me out a lot. A few questions for you:

1) Could you provide some advice on how to further increase the power of this build for those that want to spend a few exalt+.

2) Since it's a dodge based build switching to Energy Shield is not an option?

3) Opinion on Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather? Found one and 6 linked it thinking it was very good, now im considering switching to a Belly of the Beast.

My current goal is to learn the game enough to make the switch to Hardcore but unfortunately the game is stupidly complex (good and bad) and I still have the occasional death that I can't figure out & not sure how to play around deadly mistakes since it's hard to identify actual threats.

For reference I've probably put in 250+ hours into this game already. I honestly thought I would have a firmer grasp on the game by now.... Very punishing game to noobies like me.

Any help is appreciated.
I'm doing this build and beta and it's great fun so I think I will play this in 3.0.
Just think it needs a gem swap for single target bosses so I'll see how to fix that in 3.0.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I'm a little curious about the gem slot for "fight for survival" near Golem's Blood.
To me it seems as it provides only 20 strength and 10 dexterity, am i missing something?
The jewel slot above Blood Drinker seems more attractive, even with one more point to spent.
"
mod1012 wrote:
I'm a little curious about the gem slot for "fight for survival" near Golem's Blood.
To me it seems as it provides only 20 strength and 10 dexterity, am i missing something?
The jewel slot above Blood Drinker seems more attractive, even with one more point to spent.

it provides enough Dex. Mind you, the gem has medium range, not small. Check on PoEplanner
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
I've been trying out a few different builds in 3.0 to decice what I'll be playing for official release. I have to say this one is for now my favorite. The combination of medium-range brutality, attack speed and whirling blade mobility really feels awesome.

2 small questions:
- What about bandits in 3.0 ? I could not really find any matching rewards with 2.6, so I ended up killing all of them. Not sure this is the best choice though.
- What about single target DPS ? Not reached endgame yet, but I feel like bosses are a bit slow to kill with only Frostblade. Does it get better in endgame ?
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
mod1012 wrote:

it provides enough Dex. Mind you, the gem has medium range, not small. Check on PoEplanner

Just tried it out, doesn't work for me, fight for survival only counts the allocated dexterity points.
Maybe i'm using the wrong tree, but i already checked his character and noticed no difference.

Beside of that, this is a fantastic build to play.
Last edited by mod1012 on Jun 26, 2017, 6:10:55 AM
"
mod1012 wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
mod1012 wrote:

Just tried it out, doesn't work for me, fight for survival only counts the allocated dexterity points.
Maybe i'm using the wrong tree, but i already checked his character and noticed no difference.

Beside of that, this is a fantastic build to play.

It most definitely works - I'm looking at my character right now, and both FFS Jewels work as intended with the Pew's tree. The Dex does NOT need to be allocated - just 40 points within the range of the jewel.
I started the 2 Week Mayhem with your build and i must say even 2-3 rogue exiles or invasion bosses at the same time are doable while leveling.
but now i've got one major problem. I'm almost done leveling and the touch of anguish are at 85c at least in this league, which is by far not affordable.
What would you suggest, stick with 2 ewar's for now, or are there other alternatives until i can afford a pair (/ they get cheaper) ?
How do you get bonuses from jewels in this build? I can't see enough (40) DEX in your tree in radius. Please explain. Also, love this build, thank you very much for this.
nvm I founf the answer. Sorry for bother.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info