I want to love POE... please let me be a filthy casual.

No, as I mentioned... I'm not asking for a full casual mode to the game at all. I don't want leagues to change at all the way they work nor hardcore. That would most certainly ruin the game. Don't give me anything except casual league.

"
morbo wrote:
"
KAJed wrote:
I would argue that the "you can't respec your character" is nothing more than a way to artificially add play time to the game. I don't think that having this limitation actually adds anything to the game.

It adds more than just a time sink, it adds "process" (planing and execution). Since you cant just respec on a whim you have to plan your char carefully. This is especially noticeable in HC, where you have to decide various things: do I pick offense next, defense, resists...? depending on your current gear (speaking from a SSF leveling experience). If you could just respec, all those question become irrelevant and the game more boring and easy.

You could extrapolate your demand further: why even level, why not have 10X or 100X the XP gain, so that more people would reach their goals faster? Because that would invalidate a lot of the game.

Having an additional "casual" league would multiply all the leagues (there will be soon 8!) by two, making them 16. Your best bet is to play in Standard, where you can play a slow long-term grind and respec your chars every three months.
"
KAJed wrote:
"

This is nonsense, no one called this fake news, your opinions are unpopular and have no good basis of argument for why you want the changes you do. You also ignore people who make any attempt to reason with you or explain why your opinions are bad/unpopular. This is why you are labeled a troll, an adequate description.

It is not an unpopular opinion. This type of post has existed since the game came out. However the response an treatment of those who would like this is always shot down quite violently. I prefer when a game can cater to both crowds. I don't want to take away the way you play the game.

How are you sure that your opinion is not unpopular? Have you done statistical analysis of the forums to determine that or is it something that is simply convenient to say?

Also it might be a hard concept to wrap your head around but when you ask for a company to accommodate lets say, your "unique" play style, you are in fact aiming to take away from how "I" and most others play the game. Resources, significant ones at that need to be diverted in order to simplify and streamline the game to the point where someone like you would be comfortable enough to play it. Those are resources not spent catering to the core audience of the game. I am fully aware that this is a dangerous line of reasoning when it comes to argument and I usually stay away from it, however, given that you expect an extreme level of accommodation I find it is fair play.

Also I ask you directly, if you want a simpler ARPG why are you not playing D3? It is exactly what you are looking for. Path is not D3, that is what makes it good, I will reiterate here since you seemed to have ignored what I said: You can not be attracted to a superior product which is more complex and has greater depth while at the same time striving to remove those properties from it.

You know I hate myself for using this expression, but honestly it is exceptionally appropriate in this context. Git gud or git out.

Also its funny that you mention TRUMP since you comments now that I have read through some are just like his. Its not that you have one unpopular idea, you are a collection of unpopular ideas that gt squashed on these forums every times they come up, because they are silly and easily debunked.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 4:25:42 PM
I'm not sure about the trading idea... that smells a lot like the D3 market at launch which was just... awful.

It is most definitely inconvenient dealing with people... but it also keeps a human aspect.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
I'm content with a lot of the more "hardcore" features of the game such as making passive choices a thoughtful investment or losing experience on death, but there are some features that I think would improve gameplay for people. My main interest is implementing an automated trade system that makes p2p interaction optional rather than mandatory. Leaving your trade experience to the whim of scammers and AFKers is an inconvenience, so making it automated cuts out almost completely. And if you prefer human interaction and haggling, you can still do that.

Making trading more convenient and streamlined would make this perfect for me.
"
KAJed wrote:
I'm not sure about the trading idea... that smells a lot like the D3 market at launch which was just... awful.

It is most definitely inconvenient dealing with people... but it also keeps a human aspect.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
I'm content with a lot of the more "hardcore" features of the game such as making passive choices a thoughtful investment or losing experience on death, but there are some features that I think would improve gameplay for people. My main interest is implementing an automated trade system that makes p2p interaction optional rather than mandatory. Leaving your trade experience to the whim of scammers and AFKers is an inconvenience, so making it automated cuts out almost completely. And if you prefer human interaction and haggling, you can still do that.

The D3 market crashed and burned, because Blizzard makes gold drop hand over fist and thinking RMAH was a real grand idea.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
It bothers me that you keep implying I'm trying to dumb down the game by making this change. I am not. Everything else about the game is phenomenal. Even the planning aspect is awesome. The problem is that forcing you to create another character is a punishment. Why punish the user?

INB4: bcuz u suk

I don't want my hand held. I want my ass to be handed to me when I hit merciless and the build I've been using suddenly shits the bed because my resistances were garbage... and having to completely rethink. Yes, that means I don't have to restart. Yes that means that I'm not being punished. It means I don't have to play the game as though it is a rogue-like.

"
"
KAJed wrote:
"

This is nonsense, no one called this fake news, your opinions are unpopular and have no good basis of argument for why you want the changes you do. You also ignore people who make any attempt to reason with you or explain why your opinions are bad/unpopular. This is why you are labeled a troll, an adequate description.

It is not an unpopular opinion. This type of post has existed since the game came out. However the response an treatment of those who would like this is always shot down quite violently. I prefer when a game can cater to both crowds. I don't want to take away the way you play the game.

How are you sure that your opinion is not unpopular? Have you done statistical analysis of the forums to determine that or it something that is simply convenient to say?

Also it might be a hard concept to wrap your head around but when you ask for a company to accommodate lets say, your "unique" play style, you are in fact aiming to take away from how "I" and most others play the game. Resources, significant ones at that need to be diverted in order to simplify and streamline the game to the point where someone like you would be comfortable enough to play it. Those are resources not spent catering to the core audience of the game. I am fully aware that this is a dangerous line of reasoning when it comes to argument and I usually stay away from it, however, given that you expect an extreme level of accommodation I find it is fair play.

Also I ask you directly, if you want a simpler ARPG why are you not playing D3? It is exactly what you are looking for. Path is not D3, that is what makes it good, I will reiterate here since you seemed to have ignored what I said: You can not be attracted to a superior product which is more complex and has greater depth while at the same time striving to remove those properties from it.

You know I hate myself for using this expression, but honestly it is exceptionally appropriate in this context. Git gud or git out.
The market was garbage because it was the only way to get gear that didn't suck because the RNG was awful in the beginning. Money was a guarantee, drops were not.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
KAJed wrote:

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

The D3 market crashed and burned, because Blizzard makes gold drop hand over fist and thinking RMAH was a real grand idea.
So far the valid reasons I've seen pop-up:

1- Potential for reduced retention (though possible there would be more players... less likely with the maturity of the game)
2- Broken leagues because when new content launches you can test your builds in baby-land

I think 2 is a super valid point and would require either delaying content to the casual league...or something to prevent people from doing that.

Again, I really don't want the game to suffer. Nor do I want my way to be the only way. I absolutely understand that people want to play it the way it has been designed.
Last edited by KAJed on Feb 21, 2017, 4:32:37 PM
"
KAJed wrote:
It bothers me that you keep implying I'm trying to dumb down the game by making this change. I am not. Everything else about the game is phenomenal. Even the planning aspect is awesome. The problem is that forcing you to create another character is a punishment. Why punish the user?

I don't want my hand held. I want my ass to be handed to me when I hit merciless and the build I've been using suddenly shits the bed because my resistances were garbage... and having to completely rethink. Yes, that means I don't have to restart. Yes that means that I'm not being punished. It means I don't have to play the game as though it is a rogue-like.

It would be nice if you decided what it is you actually want because what you want seems to change spontaneously depending on who's argument you are trying to deflect. There are full resets handed out every league rotation for all characters. People mentioned as much in the beginning of the thread to you, BOOM!, your problem is solved. You don't have the stamina to make more than one character? Then why the hell are you playing ARPGs? Are you just a poser that wants to think he likes ARPGs? Because let me tell you, for someone who wants to love something you sure hate a lot about that something that gives it its defining properties.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 4:36:25 PM
I... hate a lot? The only thing this post has been about has been a reset and that's it. How exactly do I hate a LOT? I hate... not being able to respec? Ok. One thing... let's find another..... nope nothing.

Literally everything else about the game I have praised, and will continue to do so. Despite my dislike of this design choice I still push POE constantly because I want it to continue to be successful.

"
"
KAJed wrote:

It would be nice if you decided what it is you actually want because what you want seems to change spontaneously depending on who's argument you are trying to deflect. There are full resets handed out every league rotation for all characters. People mentioned as much in the beginning of the thread to you, BOOM!, your problem is solved. You don't have the stamina to make more than one character? Then why the hell are you playing ARPGs? Are you just a poser that wants to think he likes ARPGs? Because let me tell you, for someone who wants to love something you sure hate a lot about that something that gives it its defining properties.
"
KAJed wrote:
So far the valid reasons I've seen pop-up:

1- Potential for reduced retention (though possible there would be more players... less likely with the maturity of the game)
2- Broken leagues because when new content launches you can test your builds in baby-land

I think 2 is a super valid point and would require either delaying content to the casual league...or something to prevent people from doing that.

Again, I really don't want the game to suffer. Nor do I want my way to be the only way. I absolutely understand that people want to play it the way it has been designed.

But you are asking the game to suffer by rerouting resources to create and maintain a new league. I don't see how this can not be a valid concern when this is completely unnecessary. This is a quality of life change for a minority of players with an unknown associated cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info