New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

1c Uniques HYPE!

"
menacy wrote:
Whats up with all the unique mauls? seems to be a new one in every league.

and not one competes with atziri disfavour yet rofl. So 2 hand axe still the way to go if want biggest deeps
WTB Map drops since 2013
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Due to how stun mechanics work this weapon is a good stepping stone for a stun build midlevel but not the ultimate option for endgame due to limited top end damage.

?
its top end damage is right there with marohi. marohis top end roll is 483. tidebreaker shown in the announcement (likely NOT top roll) is 462

"

Another problem with stun builds those days are map mods like 50% more monster life/boss life/stun immunity/enfeeble/phys resistance/elemental resitance and the absurd high life pool of some endgame bosses which makes them nearly immune to stun (stunning endgame bosses like guardian and shaper is only possible with broken game mechanics like Necro aura support which double dips on totems and aburd dps scaling which can currently only be reached with mirrored 2h weapons or facebreakers)

that is true, but its more of a indictment on stun in general. new age PoE has little to no room for crowd control mechanics. and since stun threshold has hard diminishing returns, building damage is the way to go (ie, facebreakers)
Meh

Tidebreaker: I hope the shown item can have a better phys roll, because if not i'd use Callinellus Malleus instead since i could block and what actually matters for a permastun build is consistent minimum dmg, not 'sometimes a really big hit'.

um...no ? to stun high hp rares and uniques you HAVE to have high top end damage. this means either a high end damage 2H or facebreakers or crazy crit (tbh crit by itself wont be enough)

there is no benefit having 10 attacks per second where all 10 attacks have consistent low end but all miss the chance to stun. whereas, there is a benefit of getting 1 attack out of these 10 where a high end roll causes a stun, for, say, a couple of seconds.

trash already gets one-shot so theres no reason to stun white/blue and non-hp bloated rare mobs
I take it the stun implicits on 2h maces are getting multiplied by 1.5? Currently the implicit on an Imperial Maul is 20% increased duration whereas the picture of Tidebreaker shows 30%. Hopefully it'll work out better, but stun right now is in a bad spot due to clear speed being king.

Assuming Tidebreaker's added physical maxes out at a modestly-larger than shown +70-350, that puts its top end at 461 without quality and 553 with, making it number 3 of the unique maces in terms of max damage. The top three are: Kongor's at 602 max damage with quality; Brain Rattler at 584 max with quality, and then Tidebreaker. Marohi Erqi will be #4 at 510 max damage with quality. It's hanging with the big mace uniques, but it remains to be seen how well it'll actually perform since stuns against stuff we actually care about usually don't mean much. I'm hopeful for this mace finding a good niche.

Martyr of Innocence might cap out at +400-600 added fire damage, making it 575 fire DPS. Physical DPS assuming quality will be about 100, so we're looking at roughly a 675 DPS weapon if the rolls go that high. Oro's caps out at 774 DPS, but this staff has block, added spell damage, increased fire damage when hit, and damage pen if you've blocked recently which means Oro's has competition now in some ways.

The fire pen will be useless to a crit Inquisitor, but other builds can certainly enjoy it. I'm wondering if we'll see any CoC variations, though the most I actually expect along those lines is CoC Vortex with Pyre. It's a bit of a shame how Chieftains can't be ignited with Ramako, Sun's Light since the freeze and chil immunity are nice benefits from MoI, plus other equipment has perks for being ignited too. Great unique with a variety of playstyles.

Garukhan's Flight is nice to ignore elemental ground effect and the movement speed on it is welcome. The dex to life and life regen while moving are a bit awkward though. I expect to see Cyclone or Shield Charge builds starting off with this and then hopefully other setups will be seen that work well. RF -might- be a possibility, but if it's dex-based RF then they'd usually want The Blood Dance boots instead for the regen from Frenzy charges. Bit of a weird unique.
hapchuu..!
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Feb 21, 2017, 2:35:02 PM
We have a mechanic that's not working on bosses and not worth building around or even keeping it in mind - here's a two handed mace just for it. Enjoy.
I'm hyped for fake content with new skins!
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
i wud use the staff with ci and abazoth hoofs boot+ eye of the innecint neck+ vaalpact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info